Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI RC Plus Overview - A New Remote for Enterprise Drones

Please DJI make this compatable with all the drones you sell.

2022-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for posting this video that you have found. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2022-4-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Impressive!
2022-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If only they make it work with the entire range.
2022-4-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-30 00:13
If only they make it work with the entire range.

We'll see.
2022-5-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its so cheap here (our major retailer put it on sale early) that it would be cheaper to buy a mini3 than the RC Pro.   It would kill the RC Pro if it supports the same drones.
2022-5-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-1 22:52
Its so cheap here (our major retailer put it on sale early) that it would be cheaper to buy a mini3 than the RC Pro.   It would kill the RC Pro if it supports the same drones.

That is true.
2022-5-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im not really on the fence to what I will do.    think my ideal would be the RC Pro gets a software update to support Mini3.   The local retailer sells Mini3 bare and the FMC (they already have FMC listed on the website).   Then I'll get Mini3 and FMC with points and the RC Pro with ebay points.
2022-5-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-2 22:36
Im not really on the fence to what I will do.    think my ideal would be the RC Pro gets a software update to support Mini3.   The local retailer sells Mini3 bare and the FMC (they already have FMC listed on the website).   Then I'll get Mini3 and FMC with points and the RC Pro with ebay points.

Sounds clever indeed.
2022-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-3 01:39
Sounds clever indeed.

Just trying to make best use of my nectar points.
2022-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 22:49
Just trying to make best use of my nectar points.

Never heard about those.
2022-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-3 23:51
Never heard about those.

They started off being a point system for a supermarket,  but then they extended to a few other stores, petrol stations etc and even a credit card or two.    Ive amassed about £1000 in the last 18 months without spending anything I wasnt going to do anyway from them,   so with a little thought they are great.   The downside is when you spend them you cant collect points at the same time .
2022-5-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-4 23:38
They started off being a point system for a supermarket,  but then they extended to a few other stores, petrol stations etc and even a credit card or two.    Ive amassed about £1000 in the last 18 months without spending anything I wasnt going to do anyway from them,   so with a little thought they are great.   The downside is when you spend them you cant collect points at the same time .

Ah ok. We have those too here in NL, with different names.
They can add up, as long as you don't fool yourself in the saving habit (spending too much) indeed.
Nice little piggybanks.
2022-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-4 23:43
Ah ok. We have those too here in NL, with different names.
They can add up, as long as you don't fool yourself in the saving habit (spending too much) indeed.
Nice little piggybanks.

The supermarket here gives 1 point per £1 spent but then they do odd things like off you 200 bonus points for a tin of tomatoes or a bottle milk that you would buy anyway,  so we just get in the habit of checking the app the day before shopping and activating the deals we want.    Sometimes we will buy something we dot need for the points but only if its a long life product like tinned goods.
2022-5-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 00:38
The supermarket here gives 1 point per £1 spent but then they do odd things like off you 200 bonus points for a tin of tomatoes or a bottle milk that you would buy anyway,  so we just get in the habit of checking the app the day before shopping and activating the deals we want.    Sometimes we will buy something we dot need for the points but only if its a long life product like tinned goods.

It is a nice concept!
2022-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-5 02:55
It is a nice concept!

Most people send the points when they get to a couple of quid but I like to save mine for bigger purchases.   So free Mini3 here I come.
2022-5-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 23:43
Most people send the points when they get to a couple of quid but I like to save mine for bigger purchases.   So free Mini3 here I come.

I like to save up big time too!
2022-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-5 23:44
I like to save up big time too!

2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Like with the credits (not that they go too big nowadays)
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 5-6 00:42
Like with the credits (not that they go too big nowadays)

Yes I save those too mainly.
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 00:59
Yes I save those too mainly.

Plus my additional income generated from my hobby.
2022-5-6
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

That would be entirely out of character for DJI to do so. Completely w/o precedent (not to mention technically impossible as designed)
2022-5-6
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

That would be entirely out of character for DJI to do so. Completely w/o precedent (not to mention technically impossible as designed)
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

patiam Posted at 5-6 13:31

Not sure why you would say its impossible.    its about SDR in these devices so its only software that would need to be made to work.
2022-5-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 01:01
Not sure why you would say its impossible.    its about SDR in these devices so its only software that would need to be made to work.

I was not aware of that (SDR)- do you have any documentation or references that support it? Radio compatibility has always been something DJI claims is not possible in their never-ending planned obsolescence product evolution, which implies hardware based systems, not SDR.

If what you say is true, then I retract my statement about it being possible, but fully stand by the one about whether it's something DJI would be likely to do
(and sorry for the double post above, I don't seem to be able to delete either).
2022-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

patiam Posted at 5-7 07:47
I was not aware of that (SDR)- do you have any documentation or references that support it? Radio compatibility has always been something DJI claims is not possible in their never-ending planned obsolescence product evolution, which implies hardware based systems, not SDR.

If what you say is true, then I retract my statement about it being possible, but fully stand by the one about whether it's something DJI would be likely to do

Oh I agree.  DJI won’t do it but they could.  

There’s loads out there on “software defined radio”  it’s everywhere these days. Right dient to cheap tv receiver dongles.  

This might interest you though.
https://www.rtl-sdr.com/stealing ... ware-defined-radio/

2022-5-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I'm quite familiar w/ SDR, and rtl-sdr.com. I was just asking for some documentation that the RC Plus employs SDR.  Because if not, then we're back to "it's not possible". The RC Plus is a finished, marketed product.

Yes, a controller could be designed that uses SDR and thus could be able to control a wide variety of drones.
And yes, if the RC Plus uses SDR, it could be compatible with lots of DJI drones.

So I ask again, is there any evidence that the RC Plus uses SDR?
2022-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

patiam Posted at 5-7 15:16
I'm quite familiar w/ SDR, and rtl-sdr.com. I was just asking for some documentation that the RC Plus employs SDR.  Because if not, then we're back to "it's not possible". The RC Plus is a finished, marketed product.

Yes, a controller could be designed that uses SDR and thus could be able to control a wide variety of drones.

All the DJI drones use SDR.
2022-5-7
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:47
All the DJI drones use SDR.

Happy Groundhog Day.

So we're back to post #25.

Do you have any evidence or documentation, other than your personal statement, that DJI uses SDR in their drones and RCs?

It's a simple question. If SDR in DJI products is as universal as you claim, it should be easy to provide some documentation.

I'm not just trying to be obstinate here- I'm truly interested in whether what you say is true , as I have not heard it before. I apologize if this is common knowledge, but doubt that is so because if accurate, it give the lie to DJI's claims regarding backwards compatibility since day 1.
2022-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

patiam Posted at 5-8 09:00
Happy Groundhog Day.

So we're back to post #25.

It’s common knowledge, been discussed for years.  Here’s a thread on Reddit that talks about some of the chips they use and how it’s implemented.  Google can cough up loads more reading material.    But remember DJI don’t publish detailed specs for obvious reasons.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RTLSDR/ ... amp;utm_name=iossmf
2022-5-8
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen this information or these discussions before. I'll look deeper.

Looks like not all DJI drones have always used SDR- if I understand correctly Lightbridge was a hardware solution. But that was the exception.

In any event, now we're back to "but they won't".
2022-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules