Waterproof Housing???
2032 9 2022-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony593
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Has anyone actually been able to buy the waterproof housing? I have had the camera for a few months now and the whole time the housing has been reserve only on the website. DJI Support told me to check other providers but they are also pre-order.

Has it even been put on the market yet?

If they aren't available it kind of removes the camera from the 'Go Pro Competitor' catergory. I was hoping to eventually start taking it diving but without the housing the depth is to limited.

2022-4-22
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

You can get third party housings both for the lens module or the lens + screen/battery module if you search around on the internet.
Or you can buy a GoPro instead.
2022-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tony593. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will the DJI Action 2 Waterproof Case will be available on our DJI online store. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official online store at https://store.dji.com/product/dji-action-2-waterproof-case. In addition, you may click the Reserve Now tab on page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.
2022-4-22
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You could try the Telesin version - a pretty reputable company : https://amzn.to/3vHqsmK

With ANY waterproof housing, always place some tissue inside and test underwater to ensure the seal is good before actually using it with your camera........or is that something just I do?!..... lol
2022-4-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

IftiBashir Posted at 4-23 02:38
You could try the Telesin version - a pretty reputable company : https://amzn.to/3vHqsmK

With ANY waterproof housing, always place some tissue inside and test underwater to ensure the seal is good before actually using it with your camera........or is that something just I do?!..... lol

The tissue tip sounds like a sound piece of advice.

At least with the similar waterproof case for the Pocket 2, they recommend you to test the seal of the case before putting the camera in. That is a precaution that could save you from an expensive mistake. Also, make sure the seal is clean and not damaged before use so it won't let any water in.
2022-4-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

IftiBashir Posted at 4-23 02:38

Nope, you aren't alone in using that test method.  
2022-4-23
Use props
icondive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183671 ft
Greece

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-22 19:59
Hello there Tony593. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any time frame when will the DJI Action 2 Waterproof Case will be available on our DJI online store. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official online store at https://store.dji.com/product/dji-action-2-waterproof-case. In addition, you may click the Reserve Now tab on page for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you.

I postpone to buy couple of more Action 2 and a new Drone just because DJI seems not to be interested for the international diving community... I 'm waiting for the original Underwater Housing three months now !
I 'm thinking to switch to competitors if DJI does not care about underwater videography... i am so disappointed because i love DJI color science !
Our subscribers in YouTube keep asking us what camera to buy and i 'm tired to say.."don't buy Action 2 until DJI release the Waterproof case"... its so frustrating...
2022-5-6
Use props
randomusername
lvl.1
Poland

Hi There, I know the thread is a bit old but... meh.

Straight to to the point: I don't recommend this Telesin housing above. It survived one week in Red Sea, than a week in a lake, then coming back to Red Sea it started to leak. Before I noticed it was too late, and SD slot stopped working, but the whole touchscreen module survived... until next dive. I tried to find the problem and solve it by putting some silicone thingy along the rubber etc. and on the second dive it unfortunately leaked again, this time damaging the whole module.
Luckily I have the power module to switch, but the waterproof case couldn't survive my 12 meters diving. If you buy this crap than make sure to buy the Care Refresh protection plan.

I can see that waterproof housing from DJI is now available for 49 Euros and will probably go for it. I still don't get why DJI didn't provide a waterproof touch screen module (or rather with some buttons so you can use them underwater).
2022-8-30
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

I am using two TELESIN waterproof cases for just the camera module since January and haven't had any issues with either while freediving. I also have a cheap waterproof case for the battery+camera module, which did 3 days of diving without issues. The bigger case is not the TELESIN branded one though...

Testing a new case for waterproofness at depth requires quite the effort though. I understand your frustration.
2022-8-31
Use props
WellBeing
lvl.1

Hungary

I used this case:

https://abdulwahed.com/en/dji-osmo-action-waterproof-case-dji-osmo-action-case.html

However it seems that after two other occassions now it simply let in some water, so my Osmo Action is water damaged. Previously i used for diving 2 times, and in one other water activity. So i wouldnt say i max it out. Is it normal that the camera got waterdamaged just a small amount of water ? Anybody can help me, that what are my options with it ?

Thank you in advance
2022-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules