1878 7 2022-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Hi all,
I read a post on the forum (or maybe a different one) that was posted a year or so ago asking about an offline logbook application. People suggested a few cloud-based logbooks and even a few Excel templates. But, the guy ultimately gave up on finding an application and signed up for AirData.

I've had a few days downtime at work and decided to start making one. So far, it's just a manual process of adding drones, batteries, places, and flights but I hope to figure out the importing of flight record files from the DJI apps soon.

Anyway, here ya go. Let me know your thoughts.

Drone Logbook

Download
Google Drive

Requirements
  • Windows PC
  • .NET Framework 4.8
  • SQL LocalDB - Included in the .zip file

Notes
  • To change the measurment units between metric and imperial, edit line 14 in the DroneLogbook.exe.config file. 'i' for imperial and 'm' for metric.

Main Window - See your flight data and overall statistics.
Main.png

Flights List - Click here to see the info for each of your flights.
Flights List.png

Drones, Batteries, and Places Lists - Clicking each of the rows in these lists will filter the Flights List accordingly. It will also calculate the Statistics section at the bottom for your selection. Clicking the 'Add' button at the bottom of each list will open a separate window where you can enter the required info for each item.

NOTE: There must be at least one item in all 3 of these lists in order to add a flight to the log.
Drones List.png Batteries List.png Places List.png

Bugs
  • If the files in the Database folder are not found, the application will give up on you.
  • While entering data for a flight, if you don't enter a time, the application will give up on you.
  • If you delete a drone, battery, or place, existing flights using those items will show skewed info.
  • Probably more. If you find them, please let me know.

Roadmap
  • FlightRecord TXT Importing
  • A Google Map for each flight
  • Editing flights, drones, batteries, and places. Currently, you have to delete it and re-enter it to correct anything.
  • Flight Notes
  • Reports

2022-4-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice start.    It would be cool if it could auto download from the DJI cloud like Airdata does.
2022-4-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

What an amazing project to undertake.  
2022-4-23
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is an amazing task to undertake, but why try to reinvent the wheel? Airdata does and amazing job.
2022-4-23
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 4-23 04:35
It is an amazing task to undertake, but why try to reinvent the wheel? Airdata does and amazing job.

Because i have about 6 hours a day to kill at work.

I do use Airdata as well as this now.
2022-4-23
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-23 01:00
Nice start.    It would be cool if it could auto download from the DJI cloud like Airdata does.

Yeah, i agree. That's the wall I'm currently trying to scale.
2022-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Pilot flight books are traditionally and still a requirement today to be physically filled out by pilots IE pen and paper and hard copies saved and maintained. It should be pretty easy to include in something like a spread sheet with headings to cover all necessary actions and notes to be filled in manually.

There are also plenty of flight records and information saved to your app and also the DJI cloud.
Keep up the good work. Good job.
2022-4-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kudos for your efforts
2022-4-23
Use props
Advanced