Hyperlapse Waypoints is actually a useful feature, but...
3205 16 2022-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I had used this feature a few times in the past.
But there are currently problems, at least for me... (FW 0600)
Unfortunately, DJI does not provide a (detailed) description of how to use it (e.g. in the users manual).

Actually, I would like to "only" use 2 waypoints and "mix" the resulting hyperlapse photos, which are taken at different times of the day, with different lighting and also in different seasons, in a video...

The first waypoint can always be saved, no problem.
Then I fly the M3 to the second waypoint. The two points are approximately 1.6 km (about 1 mile) apart.
However, this second waypoint cannot be saved now!
The app just doesn't respond when touching the screen in the designated spot.
But I can enter the interval (e.g. 2s), but with the "length" I have almost no choice. I am only offered times that would lead to a flight time that would no longer be possible with the available battery charge!
But as already described, I'm missing the second waypoint anyway...
Are there restrictions on the distance between 2 waypoints, maybe because the speed of the M3 is limited for such hyperlapse shots?

... one more thing:
I saved such hyperlapse waypoint flights a few weeks ago.
Now when I'm in Hyperlapse Waypoint Mode, I can also see the files by clicking on the (tiny little) icon in the top left corner of this Hyperlapse "window".
However, none of these files load, I just get a message that it didn't work and I should try again...
Unusual! Something doesn't seem to be working anymore...

I have now loaded the FW .0500 and will test it a little with this. It worked before...

Does anyone know where these hyperlapse files are stored/placed?
It would be important to be able to archive them somewhere so that they can be used again later (... e.g. in winter). But if they got lost during updates or resets, then all the effort would have been for nothing......

2022-4-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi Franky, hope you’re enjoying hyperlapse. So far I haven’t tried with M3 yet. But have done some pretty decent ones with Air2s.
I’m not certain why you cannot set 2nd waypoint unless it is a distance problem and you’re right on information in the manual. Perhaps some moderator could find out for all concerned.

With Air2s saving is highlighted in first picture below by small green box. And saved and stored in task Library. I presume and hope its the same on M3.

2022-4-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 00:54
Hi Franky, hope you’re enjoying hyperlapse. So far I haven’t tried with M3 yet. But have done some pretty decent ones with Air2s.
I’m not certain why you cannot set 2nd waypoint unless it is a distance problem and you’re right on information in the manual. Perhaps some moderator could find out for all concerned.

Hi hallmark007,

thank you so much for your reply, so quick...
I'm going out into the fresh air today to try FW .0500...
I'll try to take some screenshots if it doesn't work again... (... luckily with the RC Pro such screenshots are quick to take...).

The "Task Library" thing is interesting, don't remember seeing that headline.

But my question now would be how to "detect" this "task library" in memory.
Is it stored in the M3 or part of the Fly app (i.e. in the phone or in the RC Pro).
A search (using a PC) yielded no hits either in the internal memory or on the SD card of the RC Pro...
If this were possible, I would like to backup this "Task Library" in order to be able to repeat interesting hyperlapses later (... after months).

I'll report today if anything interesting came out using the FW .0500.....

2022-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 4-23 04:39
Hi hallmark007,

thank you so much for your reply, so quick...

Not sure if it can be backed up. But I think its saved in the App and you can only save a certain amount, so it would make sense to be able to save externally except how you get them back on to the app.
2022-4-23
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hallmark is right in his post, it works the same in the Mavic 3 as well. I have used it a few times, it saves the waypoints in the task library which is saved in the app not the drone.
2022-4-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

#DroneTech Posted at 4-23 13:52
Hallmark is right in his post, it works the same in the Mavic 3 as well. I have used it a few times, it saves the waypoints in the task library which is saved in the app not the drone.

Thank you for your confirmation.

Unfortunately, this knowledge does not help me at the moment as long as I do not (yet) know how to access this library "directly"...
Unfortunately you can only see its contents in flight if you have "Hyperlapse Waypoints" selected... This is quite stressful because the M3 is in the air and editing entries from this library (at least on the RC Pro) is almost unmanageable ...

From time to time (not with every attempt, if you select an entry with your finger!) an editor window pops up in which you could in principle assign a meaningful name for a hyperlapse...
And once you have edited this name, there is only one button (bottom right, blue) with which you can save (or rather "confirm") this entry...
But, the selected (new) designation does not change permanently, so it is not saved! Very "mysterious", it may be badly programmed...

I will try to repeat the whole thing again with the standard controller (incl. smartphone)...
However, whether the "task library" is also available (i.e. stored in the DJI cloud) remains to be seen...

2022-4-23
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

frankymusik Posted at 4-23 22:01
Thank you for your confirmation.

Unfortunately, this knowledge does not help me at the moment as long as I do not (yet) know how to access this library "directly"...

I use an iPhone so I will try to find the exact location it saves the waypoints in as well.
2022-4-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 05:03
Not sure if it can be backed up. But I think its saved in the App and you can only save a certain amount, so it would make sense to be able to save externally except how you get them back on to the app.

... I would be happy if I could already report in detail about experiences or workarounds. Unfortunately it's not that far yet...

In any case, I was able to confirm that the FW .0500 is no different in this regard.
I made a significantly shorter flight (hyperlapse waypoints) (approx. 600m), and for such a distance saving the 2nd waypoint is also possible...
However, if you then change the interval (e.g. from 2s to 3s and back to 2s), then the software gets completely confused with the duration of the recording and the number of pictures to be recorded...
There is chaos and confusion when the M3 is already in the air and you want to set everything up just the way you want it...
DJI can / should test a few things itself and then improve them so that this (useful) function can be used in a way that is easy to understand...
If you don't have any special wishes for such a hyperlapse recording, you can get the impression that it "somehow" works. But it's extremely poorly thought out and consequently poorly implemented, with no hints in the users manual whatsoever...
I'm disappointed.

2022-4-23
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

#DroneTech Posted at 4-23 22:09
I use an iPhone so I will try to find the exact location it saves the waypoints in as well.

Oh thank you!
I had (occasionally) used a Samsung S20, but mostly the RC Pro...
But since I also have a (slightly older) iPhone, I could (according to your feedback) like to experiment with it...
Thanks!
2022-4-23
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

frankymusik Posted at 4-23 22:18
Oh thank you!
I had (occasionally) used a Samsung S20, but mostly the RC Pro...
But since I also have a (slightly older) iPhone, I could (according to your feedback) like to experiment with it...

Generally with iPhone you can open the app in iTunes and see what folders are in them.
2022-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 4-23 22:15
... I would be happy if I could already report in detail about experiences or workarounds. Unfortunately it's not that far yet...

In any case, I was able to confirm that the FW .0500 is no different in this regard.

You tube may help you with some tutorials, but its concerning that its not working correctly. This works exceptionally well with Air2s. As soon as I have some time and subject I will try it out on M3.
2022-4-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-24 01:36
You tube may help you with some tutorials, but its concerning that its not working correctly. This works exceptionally well with Air2s. As soon as I have some time and subject I will try it out on M3.

I'm going to show you a few (5, to be exact) screenshots taken from my screen record (video) yesterday in the order shown below.
It may not be of any interest to others, but maybe DJI can take a look at it too...

The "Aufgabenverlauf" heading corresponds to what you see on your app, i.e. "Task Library".

Three hyperlapses from April 23rd, apparently created automatically after changing the interval from first "2s" to "3s" and then back to "2s".
I wanted to rename the last (top) task so I'll know better what it is later.

After many tries of touching this "pencil icon" eventually another window will pop up to edit the name (at least I guess that's the purpose)...

So I delete the "time" (16:42:06) in the name (using the back step field) and write "Saloppe--Eckberg" instead.
Now I touch the blue field with the tick. I'm assuming this is supposed to represent some kind of "enter key"...

Now I can see the apparent success of my action in the "Task Library" window (in German it just means "Aufgabenverlauf", as I mentioned above)
Yes, apparently...

After another attempt to use this hyperlapse waypoint task, adjusting the interval (tentatively) in the process, I see with horror that my painstakingly changed task from "16:42" has "forgotten" its new name again (2. entry from above).
Only the "seconds" are missing from the original name (see 1., above).

It obviously can't be changed at the moment, it just doesn't work...

3 hyperlapses from April 23rd

3 hyperlapses from April 23rd

Editor window to customize the name

Editor window to customize the name

Name changed successfully???

Name changed successfully???

It might have worked...

It might have worked...

Oh no! See 2nd entry from above!

Oh no! See 2nd entry from above!
2022-4-24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI Moderators,

would it be possible for you to contribute to the topic I raised regarding "Hyperlapse Waypoints"...?
There are some problems that your experts could possibly clarify or should correct in a FW upgrade...
Thanks in advance!

2022-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frankymusik Posted at 4-25 02:01
Hello DJI Moderators,

would it be possible for you to contribute to the topic I raised regarding "Hyperlapse Waypoints"...?

It looks like there is a problem, saving in Air2s is pretty much flawless and works without much problems. Thanks for highlighting this, hopefully a moderator will take this matter up and report it.
2022-4-25
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI Moderators,  

I know that not every M3 pilot uses the Hyperlapse Waypint function, but I would be very happy if the problems associated with this were somehow forwarded, please!
2022-4-26
Use props
fans520b589d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1948789 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wanted to drop a note here and share my experience with Hyperlapse waypoint. I recently tried to repeat a waypoint mission in Hyperlapse mode with the Mavic, three pro non-cinema version, and an RC pro remote. The waypoint almost dropped the drone into a lake, telling me that the data was over 70 vertical feet off of the original waypoint. This was waypoint number one. Second issue is that you cannot edit waypoint in Hyperlapse mode. Third issue is that you can’t access Hyperlapse mode unless the drone is in the air, wasting battery. Fourth issue is that you can’t access, waypoint, mission, data, back it up, or transfer it.  DJI, care to respond? I’m about to file a class action lawsuit for false advertising. Hyper lapse waypoint are completely useless.
2023-10-23
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

fans520b589d Posted at 10-23 12:44
I wanted to drop a note here and share my experience with Hyperlapse waypoint. I recently tried to repeat a waypoint mission in Hyperlapse mode with the Mavic, three pro non-cinema version, and an RC pro remote. The waypoint almost dropped the drone into a lake, telling me that the data was over 70 vertical feet off of the original waypoint. This was waypoint number one. Second issue is that you cannot edit waypoint in Hyperlapse mode. Third issue is that you can’t access Hyperlapse mode unless the drone is in the air, wasting battery. Fourth issue is that you can’t access, waypoint, mission, data, back it up, or transfer it.  DJI, care to respond? I’m about to file a class action lawsuit for false advertising. Hyper lapse waypoint are completely useless.

I have an Air 2s and a Mavic 3 Classic, with RC Pro. I have never had any sort of problem with repeating Hyperlapse waypoints on either. They always work just as set up. Cross platform waypoints would be great, but no big deal. Good luck with the lawsuit, considering none of your points for doing so has ever even been hinted at, much less advertised!
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules