DJI care with binding
1085 4 2022-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PsSDKoI4LHg7
lvl.3

United States

I have a mini 2 that has active DJI care but it is still bound to the previous users account.  Is DJI care only through serial number or will it being bound to a different account be an issue.  
2022-4-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. May I confirm that you have bought a used drone? Please kindly know that DJI Care Refresh is bound to the drone by the serial number.
You should contact the previous owner of the drone and ask him to unbind the drone, then you can re-bind it to your account. He can unbind it from his app. Enter [Profile] –> [Device Management] –> [Account and Device], and then unbind it
2022-4-23
Use props
djiuser_PsSDKoI4LHg7
lvl.3

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-23 22:27
Hi, there. May I confirm that you have bought a used drone? Please kindly know that DJI Care Refresh is bound to the drone by the serial number.
You should contact the previous owner of the drone and ask him to unbind the drone, then you can re-bind it to your account. He can unbind it from his app. Enter  –> [Device Management] –> [Account and Device], and then unbind it

Yes, it’s actually an Amazon return so I do not have any way to contact original owner.  Email is a store but I can’t see all the numbers.  
2022-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_PsSDKoI4LHg7 Posted at 4-24 00:52
Yes, it’s actually an Amazon return so I do not have any way to contact original owner.  Email is a store but I can’t see all the numbers.

Hi, there. We fully understand your situation. We recommend you contact our support and provide the serial number of the drone. The support may help you contact the previous owner to ask if he is willing to unbind the drone.
In order to ensure the privacy and security of users, I am sorry that we cannot help you to unbind the drone or tell you about other users' information.
Besides, you could contact Amazon for further help too.
Thank you for your support.
2022-4-24
Use props
djiuser_PsSDKoI4LHg7
lvl.3

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 03:32
Hi, there. We fully understand your situation. We recommend you contact our support and provide the serial number of the drone. The support may help you contact the previous owner to ask if he is willing to unbind the drone.
In order to ensure the privacy and security of users, I am sorry that we cannot help you to unbind the drone or tell you about other users' information.
Besides, you could contact Amazon for further help too.

It’s not that big of a deal because I can still fly and login to my own account, but I’m curious if the DJI care will work for me if I need it.  My understanding is that the DJI care goes by serial number.  I will contact support and see if they can contact previous owner.  Thanks.  

2022-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules