RC Disconnect with Replacement Mini 2
700 9 2022-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

This was my 4th flight with my replacement Mini2. At 41 seconds into the flight I received weak signal and weak image transmission msgs and 12 seconds later lost connection to the RC. It began auto RTH as it should and returned safely. I have flown from this location way beyond VLOS numerous times with no problems.

I am using a Galaxy Note 9, FW is 1.03.0601, Fly app is 1.5.10. I am attaching the log file. Hopefully someone can take a l ook and see if there are any red flags that indicate a possible problem with the new drone.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/24BG4GM32Y77356TOVUL

Thanks, John

2022-4-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your flight log doesn’t Show why you lost connection. There can be many reasons for this , blocked line of sight from antennas to drone , out of signal reach, interference etc. but because you were so close it could be an issue with either your hardware or software. With hardware you would need to return. But before you do that I would recommend you delete whatever FW you are on and reinstall it on DJI assistant, for some updating FW on the app can sometimes not complete the update, so its important you update through DJI assistant.

If you don’t have assistant then you will need to go to DJI.com downloads and download it.

If this fails then you most likely will have to return it.
2022-4-23
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-23 10:03
Your flight log doesn’t Show why you lost connection. There can be many reasons for this , blocked line of sight from antennas to drone , out of signal reach, interference etc. but because you were so close it could be an issue with either your hardware or software. With hardware you would need to return. But before you do that I would recommend you delete whatever FW you are on and reinstall it on DJI assistant, for some updating FW on the app can sometimes not complete the update, so its important you update through DJI assistant.

If you don’t have assistant then you will need to go to DJI.com downloads and download it.

Thank you. Updating FW would require me to move up to 1.04, which I have been reluctant to do. "Tis indeed a dilemma. Would I be one of the lucky ones with no issues after the update?  I'll have to mull that over.
2022-4-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there John. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2022-4-23
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-23 19:13
Hello there John. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, kindly please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application from this DJI Link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, kindly please sync all of your flight records before uninstalling the DJI Fly application on your mobile device for you not to loose your previous flight information. If the issue persist kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

Will this work with the Smart Controller?  I get the notice on the Smart Controller sometimes that "Dji Fly is not responding" and When I did the update it was in a magnetic inviroment (near a large metal object, the drone was sitting on a disconnected computer)
and perhaps that is the reason???
2022-4-24
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
United States

4 flights today launched from a wooden table (no rebar). On 2 of the flights ( the first and last) I received a disconnect and auto RTH within 2 minutes of T/O. On the last flight the drone was reconnected in  23 seconds and I continued to fly for 13 minutes without incident. On the first flight it reconnected in 19 seconds but I brought it home and started over. The other 2 flights were perfectly normal. On 1 of these I flew way, way beyond VLOS with occasional loss of 1 or 2 bars of signal (perfectly normal).  As I said originally the FW on this replacement is 1.03.0601.  I am beginning to suspect this version as a possible culprit. Airdata did not even have this version in their database. I wonder if this could be a beta for 1.04. Since the lost connections occur very early in the flight and recovery comes quickly (at least so far) I'll stick with this FW for now. The devil you know and all that.

John
2022-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 4-24 08:50
Will this work with the Smart Controller?  I get the notice on the Smart Controller sometimes that "Dji Fly is not responding" and When I did the update it was in a magnetic inviroment (near a large metal object, the drone was sitting on a disconnected computer)
and perhaps that is the reason???

Hi there Bob-Mini-2. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. Please try flying your DJI drone to a different location for us to be able to isolate the issue? Thank you.
2022-4-26
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DJI Stephen, I have already done that, and yes, it happened at each location over 20 miles apart.  Now that I am aware that the Smart Controller will take a picture of its screen,
I will capture it the next time it happens.  Thank you Stephen.
2022-4-27
Use props
Carlos Valente
lvl.1

Brazil

I'm having the same problem. I already uninstalled DJI Fly and installed it again directly from the DJI website and I can't pass the 70mts away. I'm in a non-urban area, but the signal fluctuates too much, both on automatic, 2.4 or 5 Ghz.
2022-5-7
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
United States

Update on the disconnect issue from my original post.
At this time the disconnects I have experienced have only occurred at one location.  I have flown from 2 other locations and all is normal, no disconnects. Hopefully that will continue to be the case.

John
2022-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules