Osmo Pocket 2 gimble went crazy when turn on
2037 14 2022-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SmartM6
lvl.1

Australia

Today, when I turned on my Pocket 2 (after shooting about 5-10 mins), the gimble went crazy, the gimble kept turning around in full directions very fast and aggressively, and rumbled.

I have to turn it off immediately and start again. I have tried both the Function button and the side power button. I tried more than 10 times, and always the same problems. then tried to hold the gimble when power on, forced the gimble to stop moving. After a few attempts. The gimble is back to normal.

I kept using it the rest of the day and did about 30mins recordings. on and off multiple times. Nothing happened again.

But I am very worried about my pocket 2. As it is still under warranty, could I send it back for a check-up?

Thanks.
2022-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the issue you're experiencing. We recommend you send the device back to our service center for further diagnosis. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
We will do our best to help this out.
2022-4-24
Use props
djiuser_Oa8HMkZr3d2z
lvl.1
Spain

seems to be a very common problem, never seen electronic goods break so fast, worst thing is they end up blaming the user instead of taking responsilbity
2022-8-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Oa8HMkZr3d2z Posted at 8-2 07:15
seems to be a very common problem, never seen electronic goods break so fast, worst thing is they end up blaming the user instead of taking responsilbity

Hi, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. May we know if you meet the same problem as well? Could you please tell us more details so that we can have a better check? And please don't worry, we will check your product and confirm details with you, and if your product under warranty has a manufacturing defect, we will provide you with warranty service, For more details, you can check this link: https://dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav
2022-8-2
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Now mine is starting to do a similar thing and a couple of months out of Care Refresh - grrr ... wonder if they send a spike out to all the previous models when a new one comes out ... so annoying
2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

garyphayes Posted at 11-1 19:09
Now mine is starting to do a similar thing and a couple of months out of Care Refresh - grrr ... wonder if they send a spike out to all the previous models when a new one comes out ... so annoying

Hi garyphayes, sorry to hear about the inconvenience. May I know have you sent the device back to diagnosis?
2023-11-1
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Dji Thor - not yet, I don't know where to send it... I am very dissapointed that it started to do this as I only use it once a week for short 30-60 minute recordings ... Please help
2023-11-10
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 11-1 22:15
Hi garyphayes, sorry to hear about the inconvenience. May I know have you sent the device back to diagnosis?

Hi I replied on the thread not sure if you got it though. Where do I send it?
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

garyphayes Posted at 11-10 02:29
Hi I replied on the thread not sure if you got it though. Where do I send it?

Hi garyphayes, you could register through the following link, https://repair.dji.com/, to create a case and send back the device for diagnosis. If you need assistance while submitting, you could also contact with our support service http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks.
2023-11-10
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 11-10 04:07
Hi garyphayes, you could register through the following link, https://repair.dji.com/, to create a case and send back the device for diagnosis. If you need assistance while submitting, you could also contact with our support service http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks.

Thanks - sending it back on Monday ... cheers
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

garyphayes Posted at 11-10 19:34
Thanks - sending it back on Monday ... cheers

No problems. If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.
2023-11-10
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 11-10 19:47
No problems. If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks -  a little confused as this 'erratic gimbal' is obviously a common fault and I have paid for 2 care refreshes on it for this exact likely even -   that I am expected to pay shipping and oddly they are saying it is a non Australian version (when I bought it from the DJi store here in Australia), why would that be an issue anyhow? Penalised? I had to send it back twice when I first got it, 1 - because of a faulty/noisey external mic and 2 - the lens had a manufacturing defect causing flaring ...

"The reason why you didn't receive a shipping label because upon checking the serial number of your unit, it was activated MORE THAN ONE YEAR (the activation date is – 20XX-XX-XX) /unit is NON-AUSTRALIA VERSION.
We request for you to please ship your unit to the following address by yourself. All costs generated during shipping will be covered by you. With this, please send your unit to our office:" 【CAS-14811341-P1H1S2】
2023-11-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

garyphayes Posted at 11-11 12:37
Thanks -  a little confused as this 'erratic gimbal' is obviously a common fault and I have paid for 2 care refreshes on it for this exact likely even -   that I am expected to pay shipping and oddly they are saying it is a non Australian version (when I bought it from the DJi store here in Australia), why would that be an issue anyhow? Penalised? I had to send it back twice when I first got it, 1 - because of a faulty/noisey external mic and 2 - the lens had a manufacturing defect causing flaring ...

"The reason why you didn't receive a shipping label because upon checking the serial number of your unit, it was activated MORE THAN ONE YEAR (the activation date is – 20XX-XX-XX) /unit is NON-AUSTRALIA VERSION.

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email for future updates. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-11
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 11-11 15:38
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email for future updates. Thank you for your understanding.

As I mentioned in my previous mail, I have had this issue since I bought the Pocket 2 (gradually getting worse - did the shaking once every week earlier but it would settle, now it does it every time I start it) but now I am being asked to pay $130 for a repair? - CAS-14811341-P1H1S2  ... that combined with the fact I had the microphone checked for noise, which they said was fixed, but I have not used it because it was never fixed ... I had considered the Pocket 3 but not much confidence in these devices any more and being asked to pay for a know fault, after paying 2 care refreshes

2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

garyphayes Posted at 11-27 02:16
As I mentioned in my previous mail, I have had this issue since I bought the Pocket 2 (gradually getting worse - did the shaking once every week earlier but it would settle, now it does it every time I start it) but now I am being asked to pay $130 for a repair? - CAS-14811341-P1H1S2  ... that combined with the fact I had the microphone checked for noise, which they said was fixed, but I have not used it because it was never fixed ... I had considered the Pocket 3 but not much confidence in these devices any more and being asked to pay for a know fault, after paying 2 care refreshes

Hi, there. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As per checking on the result from our relevant team, the gimbal module malfunctioned, which caused a gimbal shake. A test will be performed after the repair. Based on the serial number, it's already out of warranty. Please know that the solution that we can provide will be based on our after-sales service. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email for future updates. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules