UAV too high / far and quad is frozen, needs to land.
1223 5 2022-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KojusMaximus
lvl.1

Poland

Hi,
I am wondering if it is a bug or it is a feature

1. I have an alt limit set at X meters (lets say 40m)

2. I move into manual mode, when I reach that maximum altitude, my Quad switches from the Manual to Normal mode (so far so good)
3. In most cases, like 9 out of 10, I can only move my quad up and down, or rotate left or right. I cannot move forward or back, I cannot strafe. In other words, I can use only left stick (Mode 2)
4. In 5 out of these 10, after 20-30 seconds, quad suddenly starts to respond to me
a. In once case I had to wait like 2 minutes.

b. In one case I was waiting several minutes (it happened with the fresh battery) and finally had to land and pickup the drone manually
c. once or twice I was able to move immidietly

5. RTH button works partially, as the drone moves up to the RTH alttitude, but do not move forward
6. All these happened in the same area. Yes, it is a warining zone, but with the alt limit at 150m (i have that message on my drone). 52.236350784135766, 20.886104156457595
a. I do get the point that drone moves from one M to N in such area, but disallowing to control the drone looks a bit suspicious.

b. in PL you can fly in that zone if you keep below 100m and you are +6km from the airport

7. I tried switching modes, nothing happens

2022-4-24
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

M guess/my experience: 2: a feature. 3: happens to me as well. I'd call it a bug. 4. same. For me it started to react earlier, maybe a few seconds. 5-7: never tried it/never happened.
2022-4-24
Use props
KojusMaximus
lvl.1

Poland

Thank you for a quick reply.
I will call support tommorow - lets see what they say
2022-4-25
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

just drop a few feet in altitude and you can then move forward back etc
2022-4-30
Use props
KojusMaximus
lvl.1

Poland

Of course I tried it - doesn't work.

Interesting - I realized yesterday it is not only the "UAV too high / far" - it is a general problem with the break procedure (Flight pause, RTH button).
I mean if I fly and hit the button, aircraft stops. Then, in most cases, it doesnt respond anymore for a while (as mentioned in teh first post). It looks like the "break" procedure is simply "in progress".

I first encounter that with the "UAV too high / far", but apparently the "break" procedure is just a part of "UAV too high / far" and "UAV too high / far" is just executing the "break" procedure that cannot finish for some reasons.
2022-5-1
Use props
KojusMaximus
lvl.1

Poland

Looks like I have founded the solution: as I have been flying in Manual, I have adjusted the screws on the controller and from time to time get the "error stick message". When i released the screws to the initial stage, "break" functionality works properly. Will test more in the incoming days.

Confirmed: it was all about "error stick message" coused by adjusting controller screws while flying Manual

2022-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules