Performance Issues...
267 3 2022-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BC NightOwl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Heheh...no, not for me personally (although my wife might argue that), for my Mavic2 Zoom.

This is an update on a previous post

My M2Zoom has flown very nicely for a year or so now but lately there has been an issue.  First let me say that all the firmware/software is up to date.  When I fly all the controls are fine, but occassionally (and it's getting more and more frequent) the drone will just hover in place when I try to bring the drone down.  At first this seemed to only happen over water but yesterday it started to happen over land as well.  

DJI's tech support at first told me that over water it is "normal" for the downward sensors to think there is an obstacle when all it sees is the blue of the water.  I pointed out that one would think if the drone "thought" there was an obstacle below it would start with its audio warning.  This warning does not happen, the drone simply sits there.  As I continue to pull pack on the left stick eventually the drone announces that it is landing, I can let it drop that way for 20 feet then cancel the landing.  Sometimes this allows me to descend normally again, sometimes not.

So yesterday I tried flying and I disabled the downward landing sensors and bingo, no more problem.  So I'm now in a situation where in order for me to descend I must disable those sensors AND then remember (keep in mind that I am old) to turn them back on again before officially landing because yesterday when I forgot, and tried to land without the sensors the drone spasmed a bit and dropped hard from about a foot off the ground (I was over grass so no damage done).

So question.  Downward sensors mess up?  Off to the shop?  (Oh...and I did do the sensor recallibration thing as well).  Times like these remind me to be sure to buy the DJI Care Refresh next drone.

2022-4-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you thought about haxdlanding when you disable to sensors.    You can then flip the drone upside to stop the props.
2022-4-24
Use props
BC NightOwl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 23:28
Have you thought about haxdlanding when you disable to sensors.    You can then flip the drone upside to stop the props.

Yes for sure...the hand landing helps with that problem.  Would really like to solve the sensor problem though as well.
2022-4-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BC NightOwl Posted at 4-25 04:07
Yes for sure...the hand landing helps with that problem.  Would really like to solve the sensor problem though as well.

I fly over water fairly often,  never below about 4ft and never have an issue,   but the water here is brown not blue.  
2022-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules