Virtual Flight App is BREAKING GOGGLES DISPLAY
1692 3 2022-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BB12931
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

I wanted to post this as a warning to mitigate any further damage to everyone's goggles.

It's no secret that the recent iOS update totally messed up the Virtual Flight App. The most glaring issue is that the glitchiness of the virtual display through the FPV goggles is so bad that it is damaging the pixels.

I've seen reviews on the App Store which mention it getting as bad as putting a vertical green line all the way through someone's display.

I'm "lucky" in that I only have one dead pixel. I've attached images of this for proof (the dead pixel is circled).

My hope is DJI will get the Virtual Flight App fixed ASAP, but in the meantime I strongly encourage DJI to suspend the app or at least have it warn users about potential google display damage.

Here are the pictures:
Pixel through FPV Drone camera 1.jpg Pixel over Menu 1.jpg Pixel on blank goggles display 1.jpg
2022-4-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. With regards to your DJI Goggles, you may send this unit to us for us to diagnose the main problem by contacting our team at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-4-24
Use props
djiuser_tJrTf46ktpY9
New
Flight distance : 59173 ft
United States

It is unfortunate that I just got a similar problem with my goggles. No dead pixels until I ran the flight simulator app by DJI, now I have a big blur spot in the middle. I have only had my drone for 3 days! This is so infuriating
2022-4-30
Use props
djiuser_tJrTf46ktpY9
New
Flight distance : 59173 ft
United States

2022-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules