DJI Go 4 App Issue
2081 12 2022-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wheels58
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322976 ft

Australia

Hi all.  This seems to be a like a cracked record that keeps playing on DJI forums.  Today (Monday 25th April) I experienced problems with the Go4 app on my Samsung A52 (Android 12) while attempting to fly my M2Pro.  (It's worked fine until now.)  Even when the phone wasn't connected to the controller, the app would shut itself down instantly upon openng.  

I followed advice from previous threads and removed/uninstalled the App and reloaded the APK from the DJI Support page instead of from the Play Store.  Were there any wider reaching issues in DJI land today that might have influenced this glitch, or is just me having a crap day?

Any other constructive advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tony

2022-4-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could it be something as simple as forgetting to put the A52 in Airplane mode that might be causing the problem?
2022-4-24
Use props
Wheels58
lvl.1

Australia

Blériot53 Posted at 4-24 22:31
Could it be something as simple as forgetting to put the A52 in Airplane mode that might be causing the problem?

Thanks for the response, but that's not it.  Plus, I've never put my phone in airplane mode before and it's worked fine.    
2022-4-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wheels58 Posted at 4-24 22:47
Thanks for the response, but that's not it.  Plus, I've never put my phone in airplane mode before and it's worked fine.

OK. It was just a thought.  I have an A51, which to date has given me no problems.  Good luck with finding a solution.
2022-4-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you recently upgrade to Android 12?   That breaks compatibly with a lot of apps and many have issues with it and the Go4 app.
2022-4-25
Use props
Wheels58
lvl.1

Australia

DAFlys Posted at 4-25 00:05
Did you recently upgrade to Android 12?   That breaks compatibly with a lot of apps and many have issues with it and the Go4 app.

There's a part of the problem.  I'm not sure when I went to Android12.  I'm going to try to run the app on an old Samsung phone that is an older version of Android.
2022-4-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wheels58 Posted at 4-25 12:45
There's a part of the problem.  I'm not sure when I went to Android12.  I'm going to try to run the app on an old Samsung phone that is an older version of Android.

There are some guides on YouTube how to downgrade back to Android 11.
2022-4-25
Use props
Wheels58
lvl.1

Australia

DAFlys Posted at 4-25 22:55
There are some guides on YouTube how to downgrade back to Android 11.

Yes, I looked at those but now I have to do a risk analysis on what might happen if it turns to custard.  Thanks for your interest however.
2022-4-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wheels58 Posted at 4-25 23:10
Yes, I looked at those but now I have to do a risk analysis on what might happen if it turns to custard.  Thanks for your interest however.

No probs Sir.
2022-4-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tony. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kinldy please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will persist. Upon checking the mobile devices ( Samsung A52) that you are using on the DJI Go 4 application and on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I am sorry to say that the mobile devices are not recommended for the DJI Go 4 application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung A52 will be able to work. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go 4 application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 ). Please rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Go 4 application in the future. Thank you.

2022-4-26
Use props
Nychu5
lvl.1

United States

I'm not comfortable side-loading apps any longer. The fact that DJI is not running their apps through the Google Play Store vetting process is concerning to me. I would feel the same with any other vendor. I've been a big fan of DJI, but this latest development is making me even more skeptical. The only other solution I could envision would be purchasing a dedicated iPhone for use with my DJI stuff, which is annoying as well.
2022-4-27
Use props
Wheels58
lvl.1

Australia

Nychu5 Posted at 4-27 06:45
I'm not comfortable side-loading apps any longer. The fact that DJI is not running their apps through the Google Play Store vetting process is concerning to me. I would feel the same with any other vendor. I've been a big fan of DJI, but this latest development is making me even more skeptical. The only other solution I could envision would be purchasing a dedicated iPhone for use with my DJI stuff, which is annoying as well.

I hear what you're saying.  Disappointing.
2022-4-27
Use props
djiuser_UudKuidXiaGC
New

Australia

Nychu5 Posted at 4-27 06:45
I'm not comfortable side-loading apps any longer. The fact that DJI is not running their apps through the Google Play Store vetting process is concerning to me. I would feel the same with any other vendor. I've been a big fan of DJI, but this latest development is making me even more skeptical. The only other solution I could envision would be purchasing a dedicated iPhone for use with my DJI stuff, which is annoying as well.

Unfortunately I'm in the same thought. I've always been with Android but may have to switch to an iPhone just to be able to use my drone again. Mind you, the price of a new phone may be more than buying a different brand of drone?
2022-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules