RavenEye Playback & File Issue
3034 4 2022-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VoyagePictures
New

United States

Hello,

I had a shoot last week Wednesday where I used the Ronin RS2 with the RavenEye, Canon C200 as the camera, and my iphone 7 as the monitor. I was recording in 4k. As the day progressed, I'd hit record on the Ronin app instead of on camera until I started to realize that the app said it was recording, but the camera light was not. I was concerned, but when I looked at the playback within the Ronin app, I could see all my files there. So, I kept recording, thinking that I was capturing this footage. When I went to backup everything from the shoot there were tons of missing files. Very concerning. I looked back into the Ronin app on my phone, there were my missing files! But they were in 1080p. Bummer, but not the end of the world.

However, when I got them off my phone I realized that each video clip had the camera settings burned into them as if it had simply screen recorded the camera monitor's feed instead of saving an actual video file. What's going on here? Is this really a feature of the Raveneye? "You'll be able to use this as a monitor, but if you click record on the app, it'll only screen record your camera monitor's view in low res and NOT on your camera's SD or CFast card?

This is costing me money for a reshoot because I trusted this product was recording usable footage when it said it was recording. Instead, I have UNUSABLE footage with camera settings burned in on the edges of the frame as well as any focus or center guides burned in as well.
2022-4-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. you can try to contact the DJI Support team through the link: http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. If you have any other needs or questions, please feel free to let us know. Thank you again for your support.
2022-4-26
Use props
VoyagePictures
New

United States

DJI Natalia, the support is either down or they don't have a clear route to give insights on how to recover files from the RavenEye.
2022-4-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

VoyagePictures Posted at 4-26 09:47
DJI Natalia, the support is either down or they don't have a clear route to give insights on how to recover files from the RavenEye.

Hello. there. Thank you for your feedback.  Please check the following steps:
1. Check the RavenEye Settings - Shutter. When the RavenEye Settings - Shutter is set to be “Cache”, the RavenEye Image Transmission System caches video while the camera does not enable recording and there is no video in the camera microSD card. When the RavenEye Settings - Shutter is set to be “Shoot + Cache (Camera control cable disconnected)”, the RavenEye Image Transmission System and the camera will start recording simultaneously. There is a video in the RavenEye Image Transmission System and camera microSD card.
2. Check whether the RavenEye Image Transmission System camera control cable has been connected properly.
1) When the RavenEye Image Transmission System is used with a camera, ensure that the RSS camera control port (USB-C) of the RavenEye Image Transmission System and the shutter control port of the camera are properly connected/communicated.
2) When the RavenEye Image Transmission System is used with the gimbal and a camera, ensure that the power/communication port (USB-C) of the RavenEye Image Transmission System and the image transmission port of the gimbal are properly connected/communicated.
3. Check whether the camera microSD card has lost photos/videos. Use third-party data recovery software for checking.

If you still have problems, please take a video and contact us, we will reply to you as soon as possible. Thanks again for your support.
2022-4-27
Use props
djiuser_RC7yR9qEn12C
New
United States

I had the same problem! Good thing it was a favor at a wedding not a paid gig.

Somehow the burn image is not burning in anymore…I updated firmware but there should be an option somewhere for that (somewhere deep and hidden away never to be access unless you go insane)

Regarding the record button on phone only having phone record it and not the camera…it seems DJIs last post about clicking setting on the raven eye (in app) there is are shutter control options to decide if you want both to record just cache or just in camera.

My only problem when I connect my canon 77i via blue tooth those options appear BUT it wont let me use the record option on the phone (app)…may e because I do t have the rss cable connected to camera since I dont have the right cable. But i thought blue tooth would bypass that?

QUESTION DJI …if there was a way to burn in the LUT via raven-eye that could be cool and I could see using that for a quick turnaround or just for cache playback…is that possible?

Thx
2023-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules