1134 11 2022-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mannie3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3609 ft

United Kingdom

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlaltHW8ywG7giHF3gG-x8VwAGCF

first flight ever - around the Observatory in Clifton village, Bristol, UK, during the evening golden hour.

Compressed for uploading. 4k video produced a fat 200mb file. No complaints, I just compress for sharing.

It went well. Batteries only lasted about 25mins. Goes very quickly when fiddling with the app and orienting myself in the new space I am occupying.

I imagine it is not common to get the full 31mins flight from a full charge because of environmental conditions. Typically what flying time do people hope to get for each battery?
2022-4-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.  25 minutes flight time is good for the Mini 2.  
2022-4-26
Use props
VideoLife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5295545 ft
Croatia

I wish you much success my friend! The drone is extremely good, and you will be very pleased!
2022-4-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice orbit. Lovely sharp imaging and a great Point of Interest.
2022-4-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Awesome footage, Mannie! Well done. Thanks for sharing this with us.
2022-4-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2022-4-26
Use props
TWStories
lvl.3

Canada

First time flying or first time with this drone?  Either way it came out amazing!

There's a lot of factors that go to affecting battery life, even slight wide can affect it, but 25 minutes is still really good.

_________
Toronto Wedding Stories
Wedding Cinematography
www.torontoweddingstories.ca
_________
2022-4-27
Use props
Mannie3
lvl.2

United Kingdom

TWStories Posted at 4-27 06:26
First time flying or first time with this drone?  Either way it came out amazing!

There's a lot of factors that go to affecting battery life, even slight wide can affect it, but 25 minutes is still really good.

THANKS for feedback
very first flight ever. quite nervous. so many pre-flight checks - charge battery, charge controller, charge phone, update firmware on drone, on controller/battery, on app. Operator ID, flyer ID, stickers on drone, ID's in pocket, 3rd party insurance, calibrating IMU, compass. All went well in the end. No injuries to people or hardware.

Landing was quite tricky. Due to terrain, I was doing hand take-off and landing. Need to practise the timing of pulling left lever fully down while finger-tip catching the drone. I wanted to control the descent at a slow rate but motor switch off only happens when stick fully down, so a few times I caught it but it wouldn't shut down immediately. Might try the 'tilt drone 90deg' method, to engage auto shutdown.

I've already realised during my first flight, the enjoyment I'm going to get is by not flying around like a toy, but putting my cinematic (unqualified) cap on, and do planning of angles, light conditions, stitching different scenes together. Well, that is my hope any way
2022-4-28
Use props
TWStories
lvl.3

Canada

Mannie3 Posted at 4-28 00:58
THANKS for feedback
very first flight ever. quite nervous. so many pre-flight checks - charge battery, charge controller, charge phone, update firmware on drone, on controller/battery, on app. Operator ID, flyer ID, stickers on drone, ID's in pocket, 3rd party insurance, calibrating IMU, compass. All went well in the end. No injuries to people or hardware.

Sounds like you really came prepared haha.  That's good though, flying a drone I feel is a responsibility and not a toy.  As long as you're respectful of others and follows you'll rarely ever find someone causing trouble for you.

Keep up the great work and hoping to see more of your vids soon!

_________
Toronto Wedding Stories
Wedding Cinematography
www.torontoweddingstories.ca
_________
2022-4-28
Use props
Mannie3
lvl.2

United Kingdom

some stills