4569 13 2022-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc3080563
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83438 ft
South Africa

Hi guys.

I need to know where I can get a infra red lens filter for DJI Mini 2 ?

As I live here in South Africa and I need to fly over a tree plantation a dusk and sun rise.

Francois
2022-4-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What's the purpose of the IR filter?  What are you hoping to achieve with it?
2022-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Francois. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( Filter / Lens ) for your DJI Mini 2, I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilot who uses this filter on the said DJI Drone. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend for you to your 3rd party accessory like filters on your DJI Drones. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work properly. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the safety of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2022-4-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Typically, a filter removes light within a band, so an infra-red filter normally will filter out infra-red light, not allow it. however, many camera sensors are quite sensitive to the infra-red end of the spectrum, so an internal IR cut filter is often fitted directly onto the surface of the sensor to filter out IR radiation. Removing that filter is often not possible, hence the reason companies specially make camera systems that see the IR spectrum.
2022-4-26
Use props
fansc3080563
lvl.1
South Africa

Geebax Posted at 4-26 21:49
Typically, a filter removes light within a band, so an infra-red filter normally will filter out infra-red light, not allow it. however, many camera sensors are quite sensitive to the infra-red end of the spectrum, so an internal IR cut filter is often fitted directly onto the surface of the sensor to filter out IR radiation. Removing that filter is often not possible, hence the reason companies specially make camera systems that see the IR spectrum.

I need to fly my DJi mini 2 over a plantation at night to monitor wat is going on. So I need to attach a infra red lens to my camera to record the activities.

That is why I need to know where I can purchase the lens cover ?
2022-4-27
Use props
fansc3080563
lvl.1
South Africa

Geebax Posted at 4-26 21:49

You can't change the camera gimbal on the dji mini 2. So that is why I need to fit a infra red lens cover to the my dji mini 2. I need to monitor what is happing at night in plantations here where I live here in South Africa !
2022-4-27
Use props
fansc3080563
lvl.1
South Africa

Labroides Posted at 4-26 15:38
What's the purpose of the IR filter?  What are you hoping to achieve with it?

Just to see what is happing at night and early morning in plantions here in South Africa.
2022-4-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansc3080563 Posted at 4-27 00:58
Just to see what is happing at night and early morning in plantions here in South Africa.

But why an IR filter?
What do you hope it would do for you?

I suspect you might mean some other kind of filter.
Here's some info about what IR filters actually do:
https://hoyafilterusa.com/pages/how-infrared-filters-work

2022-4-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansc3080563 Posted at 4-27 00:52
I need to fly my DJi mini 2 over a plantation at night to monitor wat is going on. So I need to attach a infra red lens to my camera to record the activities.

That is why I need to know where I can purchase the lens cover ?

Well, to be precise, you want an IR pass filter, not an IR cut filter. And it might not work as well as you expect if the camera already had an IR cut filter on the sensor.
2022-4-27
Use props
fansc3080563
lvl.1
South Africa

Geebax Posted at 4-27 14:51
Well, to be precise, you want an IR pass filter, not an IR cut filter. And it might not work as well as you expect if the camera already had an IR cut filter on the sensor.

Now how do think I must see what is happing in the dark ?
2022-5-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fansc3080563 Posted at 5-5 12:02
Now how do think I must see what is happing in the dark ?

Because of what you said in a previous post: " Just to see what is happing at night and early morning in plantions here in South Africa."
2022-5-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

If you are intent on seeing what is happening in very low-light or no-light situations, you are going to need a drone with Infrared (Thermal Imagining) camera.   Infrared cameras use thermal energy (heat) from subjects like humans and animals, residual heat from daytime heating of objects, trees, ground, rocks, and/or heat from mechanical devices motors, lights, A/C, smoke-stacks, etc. to image a picture from.   Cost of Thermal Imaging cameras is prohibitive for average to semi-pro consumer.
2022-5-5
Use props
Erbi
New

Austria

Hi,
Does someone know a drone camera with no IR cut filter or automated IR cut filter (activation over drone software) for semiprofessional use?
3-5 06:50
Use props
testtubelarry
lvl.1

United States

Ir filter will make your view darker.  You need it lr led lights attached and that will help you see at night
4-22 15:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules