Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Today i received the magnetic protective case for my action2 cam.
Looks great and fits perfect...

BUT

The filter i use to protect the cam does fit on this protective case, only the magnetic force to keep it in place is not strong enough now.
Logic, as the filter is further away from the camera due to the thickness of the case.

Filter to the cam and then sliding the 2 into the case does work...but the 8 pins do not male contact with the pins in the case ; grrrrrr

So, not happy at all.

cheers
JJB

2022-4-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This is not surprising - if there had been space inside the case for a filter, the camera would have been loose inside the case when used without a filter.  And most people probably don't use filters (although I do).   And as the filters are held by magnetism to the camera, it's inevitable that they won't grip when separated from it.  I think that one user here has reported that screen protectors which laminate the front of the lens do work with the case, however.
2022-4-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JJB. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention and evolution. Thank you.
2022-4-26
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would have thought it was quite obvious filters cannot be used when the camera is in such a case?
There is no workaround or solution to this I'm afraid.
2022-4-26
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Thanks for sharing, using DJI A2 without any lens protection it's like an announced suicide, I won't be requesting mine then.
I use this custom made protection/windshield + magnetic UV filter to protect lens, what bothered me the most was the small movement of the modules when they were assembled, aren't they supposed to be 100% firm for stabilization?! Well with this fix they don't move anymore.
2.jpg
2022-4-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-26 13:56
This is not surprising - if there had been space inside the case for a filter, the camera would have been loose inside the case when used without a filter.  And most people probably don't use filters (although I do).   And as the filters are held by magnetism to the camera, it's inevitable that they won't grip when separated from it.  I think that one user here has reported that screen protectors which laminate the front of the lens do work with the case, however.

hi,  ofcourse it is not surprising that magn filters does not hold properly.
But i use my Action2 on a motorcycle, thus need some protection for the cam lens.

So DJI made a perfect case, but it is not a perfect case when the user wants to use filters.

On the bike i have powered the action2 using the usb power supply, does not get hot (riding for hours...) as its is cooled by riding-wind....no actually no need for me to use the case, nice to have it fitted for general protection though.

see this case with filter attachment : https://www.amazon.nl/chiwanji-A ... 998193&sr=8-36&th=1

cheers
JJB
2022-4-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-26 21:49
Hello there JJB. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for giving out these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention and evolution. Thank you.

thanks Stephen, see my post #6 in this thread
2022-4-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Isaac RC Posted at 4-27 00:15
Thanks for sharing, using DJI A2 without any lens protection it's like an announced suicide, I won't be requesting mine then.
I use this custom made protection/windshield + magnetic UV filter to protect lens, what bothered me the most was the small movement of the modules when they were assembled, aren't they supposed to be 100% firm for stabilization?! F incredible, well with this fix they don't move anymore!

Very nice DIY fix.  
2022-4-27
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

This protective system is very easy to do, uploading how to video:

2022-4-27
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or.....you could just use tempered glass protectors on the lens and displays.....
2022-4-28
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Isaac RC Posted at 4-27 13:53
This protective system is very easy to do, uploading how to video:https://youtu.be/BKbjsZej7EA

Why??? Just.....why???

So what if there is some tiny movement? As long as the units are locked into place it really doesn't matter. What you've accomplished defeats the purpose of the quick release and attachment system, since you are now wrapping rubber bands around the entire system, which is a hassle no matter how quick you feel it is.
In addition the rubber will probably insulate the camera more, making it hotter faster....
2022-4-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

IftiBashir Posted at 4-28 00:00
Or.....you could just use tempered glass protectors on the lens and displays.....

yes, many options to overcome this problem.

your option is oke if only you want to protect the lens.
Not if you want to use ND filters etc....

cheers
JJB
2022-4-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Isaac RC Posted at 4-27 13:53
This protective system is very easy to do, uploading how to video:https://youtu.be/BKbjsZej7EA

Very informative.  Thanks for sharing.
2022-4-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JJB* Posted at 4-27 00:55
thanks Stephen, see my post #6 in this thread

Hi there JJB. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information you have given on post #6. These information will be noted as well. Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not too nice.
2022-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now