508 9 2022-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loic92
lvl.1
France

Good afternoon to you all.

I am having issue with my mavic pro video and would like your insight on it  

I am using an "old mavic pro" and I am attaching here a photo from it this morning. I use polarpro filter if needed and according to th edrone and myself, no zebra no over exp etc ..

1) is this kind of normal crappy quality for old drone ? If not, is there a way to fix it ?

2) I was looking at maybe buying a second hand mavic 2, is there much quality difference ? I there even more quality worth to sell a kidney and buy the mavic 3 ?

Thank you all for the possible useful help.

probleme dji.jpg
2022-4-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to reset the camera settings under the DJI Go 4 application to see if the issue persists? In addition, you can try to take some shot with and without the polar pro filter to see if therer are some difference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-4-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Unfortunately, this forum downsizes images files when you post them.
This one has been shrunk to 1500 x 772 pixels, so we can't really see what it looks like to you to be able to see the problem.
If you upload to dropbox, Google Drive etc and post a link, we could see the full-size image and be better able to tell.

Did you have a filter on when you shot this?  What filter?
That might be part of the problem.
2022-4-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hard to judge with the downscaled image.
2022-4-29
Use props
loic92
lvl.1
France

Good afternoon.
Updated I added under, normal and surexp photo of different spot so you can have a look at metadata
Thank you

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... 5K_F1Jo?usp=sharing
2022-4-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

loic92 Posted at 4-29 07:17
Good afternoon.
Please find a link with 2 photos, I can add more in different location if you would like ?

Unfortunately, those aren't original images straight from the camera.
The metadata has been stripped off, so I can't check the camera settings.

But they look very green and a little underexposed.
Were you using a filter that could have given the image a colour cast?
Perhaps a polarising filter?
Was the White Balance on an appropriate setting?

I cleaned one up a little to roughly correct the colour.
probleme dji 2x.jpg
2022-4-29
Use props
loic92
lvl.1
France

Labroides Posted at 4-29 07:47
Unfortunately, those aren't original images straight from the camera.
The metadata has been stripped off, so I can't check the camera settings.

Hello, I added 3 photos of different sun angle with normal expo, under and over exposition. There are directly from the SD card, please let me know what do you think about the colors. I also did not use any filter on thoses photos

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... 5K_F1Jo?usp=sharing
2022-5-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

loic92 Posted at 5-1 23:20
Hello, I added 3 photos of different sun angle with normal expo, under and over exposition. There are directly from the SD card, please let me know what do you think about the colors. I also did not use any filter on thoses photos

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/177KYdCiQZGLo8aBQwJEOGPWUP5K_F1Jo?usp=sharing

They look much better.
No filters and shooting with the sun rather than against the sun is the way to get good colours.
DJI_0015a.jpg
DJI_0049a.jpg
2022-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

loic92 Posted at 5-1 23:20
Hello, I added 3 photos of different sun angle with normal expo, under and over exposition. There are directly from the SD card, please let me know what do you think about the colors. I also did not use any filter on thoses photos

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/177KYdCiQZGLo8aBQwJEOGPWUP5K_F1Jo?usp=sharing

Comparing original photo to these three, I think the "polarpro" lens filter was causing underexposure and shifting colors towards green.  Once you removed the "polarpro", the exposure returned to normal and colors were no longer shifted.
2022-5-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-2 13:11
Comparing original photo to these three, I think the "polarpro" lens filter was causing underexposure and shifting colors towards green.  Once you removed the "polarpro", the exposure returned to normal and colors were no longer shifted.

Get your hands on a Color Calibration card (not a white balance) card.  Take some drone pictures with and without "polarpro" lens filter of color calibration card in various lightining conditions.  Bright clear day, Overcast day, early morning or evening.  Then compare pictures with and without filter to the Color Calibration card.

For what it is worth, there is software which will analayze the colors of images taken of the card to actual colors on the card.  Even allowing you to make color correction profiles for different lightining conditions, lens, & filters.
2022-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules