23692 54 2022-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scisterna
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173054 ft
United States

Hi!

I'm having problems trying to use the Mic on mobile devices. I connect the transmiter and then I try to record videos and audios but the devices don't get the transmiters' input.

I have tried using the Mic with a Samsung Galaxy S20+ (USB-C), an iPad (USB-C), and an iPhone 13 Pro (Lightning port) and none of them seems to work.

However, the device doesn't seem to have any other problem. I connected it to my PC, my DSLR and also I recorded directly in the transmiters without any issue.

Have any of you faced any similar issue? If so, did you solve it?

2022-4-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How did you buy the Mic?  everywhere shows it as pre order only at the moment that I can find?
2022-4-30
Use props
scisterna
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-30 01:59
How did you buy the Mic?  everywhere shows it as pre order only at the moment that I can find?

I pre-ordered it in February
2022-4-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

scisterna Posted at 4-30 11:58
I pre-ordered it in February

Weird the DJI website here just says available May 2022.
2022-5-1
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you pushing the adapter all the way in properly??

I connected to my iPhone 13 Pro Max, and then my DJI Action 2 - so used both adapters - and it worked perfectly fine first time. No other setup etc is needed.
2022-5-1
Use props
pedropapito
lvl.1
Brazil

I'm having the same problem. My Samsung Note 10+ recognizes the device as external storage only. There is no way to detect as microphone and I can't find any solution on the internet.
2022-5-5
Use props
pedropapito
lvl.1
Brazil

Note: I tested it on a Note 8, Note 9, S21U, and they all worked. Less on Note 10+.
2022-5-5
Use props
scisterna
lvl.1
United States

pedropapito Posted at 5-5 10:00
I'm having the same problem. My Samsung Note 10+ recognizes the device as external storage only. There is no way to detect as microphone and I can't find any solution on the internet.

Hey man, I just made it work Try this. Go to the developer options (if you don't have them activated, you will need to do that first) and check the "Disable USB audio routing". It worked for me, but I just listen properly the #1 transmiter. Maybe I need to restart my device
2022-5-5
Use props
pedropapito
lvl.1
Brazil

scisterna Posted at 5-5 12:05
Hey man, I just made it work Try this. Go to the developer options (if you don't have them activated, you will need to do that first) and check the "Disable USB audio routing". It worked for me, but I just listen properly the #1 transmiter. Maybe I need to restart my device

I tested what you said, and what I noticed is that the USB audio was deactivated, that is, the microphone that is capturing is the cell phone itself.
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_DX7iVByGHtZ2
lvl.1

Canada

I'm sure you tried this, we had to factory reset our DJI Mic and then put all 3 devices back in their case to get them to link.  Then we were able to get it to work again on our iPhones.

Now our issue is that the charging case will no longer charge the 3 devices (won't charge receiver or transmitters).   

I had such high hopes for this mic!!!
2022-5-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_DX7iVByGHtZ2 Posted at 5-8 15:06
I'm sure you tried this, we had to factory reset our DJI Mic and then put all 3 devices back in their case to get them to link.  Then we were able to get it to work again on our iPhones.

Now our issue is that the charging case will no longer charge the 3 devices (won't charge receiver or transmitters).   

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. May we know have your issue has been solved? If not, could you please provide us with a related video for our further check? We will try our best to help you out. Thank you.
2022-5-12
Use props
djiuser_UrLr18yCTzbh
New

Germany

I have the same problem.
Mic does not work on S20+. All other mic with type c connector, works with s20+ but not the DJI mic. And, DJI Mic works with Samsung A50. Strange... Any solution?

2022-5-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello, there. We are sorry for the problem caused. Could you please provide us the mobile phone model, mobile phone system version, and mobile phone processor model, we will confirm these details and reply to you as soon as possible. And we have also sent you a PM, please have a check.
2022-6-15
Use props
Janmcc
New
United Kingdom

I'm have the same problem, (I ordered and payed for the mic weeks ago it arrived today) ,the RX is not showing connected to my iPhone 11 Pro. Just connected support and they getting technician to get back to me. Annoying, what...
2022-6-20
Use props
Janmcc
New
United Kingdom

I'm have the same problem, (I ordered and payed for the mic weeks ago it arrived today) ,the RX is not showing connected to my iPhone 11 Pro.  
2022-6-20
Use props
djiuser_8VRxpSMAHNqW
New
United States

I had the same issue today. I was doing multiple takes for a video and the first couple recorded to my iPhone 12 Pro Max fine, but then it stopped recording audio. Did 3 more takes with no audio. Need this resolved.
2022-7-7
Use props
djiuser_JQG6IuRuBDfv
New

United States

iPhone 13 pro max worked for months now will not at all. No answers anyone else have this issue?
2022-7-14
Use props
fans959dfba9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29203 ft
  • >>>
United States

scisterna Posted at 5-5 12:05

Yes!!! It works!  Thanks for the solution!
2022-8-4
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_JQG6IuRuBDfv Posted at 7-14 11:15
iPhone 13 pro max worked for months now will not at all. No answers anyone else have this issue?

I am having the same issue, tried out on 3 different iPhones and it doesn't work at all. Doesn't work on the iPad with the lightning adapter
2022-8-19
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Janmcc Posted at 6-20 09:19
I'm have the same problem, (I ordered and payed for the mic weeks ago it arrived today) ,the RX is not showing connected to my iPhone 11 Pro.

I am having the same issue on iPhone 13 Pro Max and regular 13, also it doesn't work on the iPad with the lighting adapter.
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_cOnv5k70E2Oq
New

Singapore

I bought mine on 24 August, in Singapore. Latest firmware as well. I tried using it on new and old Samsung mobile phones, latest macbook - IT JUST DOESNT WORK. I HAVE SO MUCH OF HIGH HOPES IN THIS PRODUCT
2022-8-25
Use props
nhenshaw
New

United States

This might sound stupid, but I *thought* I was having the same problem. I would plug in the receiver to my iPhone, and I could see on the audio meters that the mics were picking up audio, and so I would record a video. But when I would play it back, there was no audio. I assumed that there was some setting somewhere I was missing to tell the iPhone to use the DJI Mic to record audio. After about ten minutes I realized my mistake. When you plug the receiver into the phone, the phone switches the audio input AND output to the DJI receiver. Meaning that when I was playing it back, it was channeling the audio through the receiver...except that there are no speakers on the receiver. Had I plugged headphones in to the receiver, I would have heard the audio. So, I record a video using the DJI mic, and then when I want to play it back *I have to remove the receiver from the phone* so that it is playing over the phone's speakers.
2022-9-13
Use props
Kaelvince
lvl.1

France

Hello,

When I plug the receiver into the USB-C port of my Samsung Galaxy S10e, the smartphone displays "recording with a USB microphone" but no sound is recorded.

How can a device at this price not be compatible to just pass sound through the USB-C port ?

I hope some firmware will fix this problem with Android smartphone. Dji is working on this problem?

Cordially

Kaelvince

2022-9-15
Use props
CCHabay
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-15 23:20
Hello, there. We are sorry for the problem caused. Could you please provide us the mobile phone model, mobile phone system version, and mobile phone processor model, we will confirm these details and reply to you as soon as possible. And we have also sent you a PM, please have a check.

Hello Natalia,
In my case, I tried with Samsung A50, with Samsung S9 and Samsung S20 5G.
Nothing works....

Samsung S20 5G
SP-G981B/DS
Logiciel G981BXXUEFVH3
Version One UI : 4.1
Version Android 12

Pierre
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CCHabay Posted at 9-16 00:44
Hello Natalia,
In my case, I tried with Samsung A50, with Samsung S9 and Samsung S20 5G.
Nothing works....

Thanks for the update.
We will confirm with the relevant team and update to you asap.
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_ZsjAcEp3bfsp
New

Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-16 02:15
Thanks for the update.

IT seems that you pushed out a product that clearly is not working as described with many of the most common phone models.  I'm using a Pixel 5 and experiencing the same issue as everyone here.  Please stop asking us to describe and send you details.  with this many complaints above, clearly there's something not working properly on your DJI MIC.  
2022-9-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_ZsjAcEp3bfsp Posted at 9-18 06:52
IT seems that you pushed out a product that clearly is not working as described with many of the most common phone models.  I'm using a Pixel 5 and experiencing the same issue as everyone here.  Please stop asking us to describe and send you details.  with this many complaints above, clearly there's something not working properly on your DJI MIC.

Hi, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. Please check the following details:
(1) Check whether an adapter icon appears on the receiver’s OLED touchscreen after the mobile phone adapter has been attached.
(2) Check whether the mobile phone system can identify the receiver after it has been connected.
Android equipment: The system status bar or control center will display a “headset” icon. For some mobile phones, the notification center will display that “DJI U disk” has been identified.
(3) If the mobile phone can identify the receiver, but there is no sound for the video after confirming the above steps, please open the mobile phone’s “recording software” (Android)/“voice memo” (iOS). Enable the software’s recording function and click the transmitter’s microphone to check whether the video waveform has changed synchronously
(4) If the issue persists after the above steps have been tried, please try to use another mobile phone (iOS <-> Android) for testing. If the issue persists after another mobile phone is being used, please send your product back for testing.
* If you play a video when connecting to the DJI Mic receiver, the mobile phone cannot play sound. It is required to disconnect the receiver to play sound from the mobile phone’s speaker.
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-16 02:15
Thanks for the update.

Update:
The early Exynos (Orion) chips had certain hardware limitations, which made it impossible to use the DJI MIC normally. Please confirm whether your Samsung mobile phones use this type of chip, if yes, it cannot be used. We have also checked, your SP-G981B/DS currently does not support DJI MIC . We recommend you to change another phone.

Here is the Compatibility List that might help you more with your problems:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2022-9-19
Use props
CCHabay
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi Natatlia,
In Europe, it seems that  the Samsung S20 works with the Exynos 990 from Samsung and not the Snapdragon 865 from Qualcomm.
Yours,
Pierre
2022-9-19
Use props
t
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-19 02:23
Hi, there. We are sorry for your inconvenience. Please check the following details:
(1) Check whether an adapter icon appears on the receiver’s OLED touchscreen after the mobile phone adapter has been attached.
(2) Check whether the mobile phone system can identify the receiver after it has been connected.

So its been 5 months and my mic is unused, I have tried all as mentioned by you already. Phone (Samsung S20+) actuly does not detect the DJI Mic at all, but same phone works with other mic with type c. DJI Mic works with my Samsung A50. I am sick of this mic.
2022-10-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

t@n Posted at 10-13 13:44
So its been 5 months and my mic is unused, I have tried all as mentioned by you already. Phone (Samsung S20+) actuly does not detect the DJI Mic at all, but same phone works with other mic with type c. DJI Mic works with my Samsung A50. I am sick of this mic.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Could you please send us a related video so that we can confirm your problem with our engineer asap?
Please don't worry, we will do our best to help, thank you in advance.
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_dtlFWVzNwXEK
lvl.1

Malta

Same problem here.
Tried it on Galaxy S10+ and my new Galaxy S22.
The mic doesn't work on them at all.
Then also tried it on a friend's OnePlus+ and it didn't work too. We are in Europe so I'm assuming this is related to that same Exynos processor issue??

Also a big one here - saw many YouTubers showing the mic works with DJI Action 2 so I was excited about that.

One little detail no one explained is that DJI mic works with the screen combo BUT not with the power combo.
Or at least not ot mine.(I have the DJI Action 2 power combo)
DJI can you please confirm that?

2022-10-22
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Nice one   !
2022-10-30
Use props
djiuser_4tZzXbMIrYbG
New

Canada

I am having the same issue. Mic used to work SEMI REGULARLY with iphone 13. Lots of plugging it in/unplugging it. But now, it doesn’t work at all—on rhe native iOS camera app, and Beast Cam.

DJI, wth is going on? I bought this much a month ago and so far the experience has been garbage and frustrating.

Pls do NOT ask me to send a video recreating the issue—it’s literally the same issue that everyone in this thread is having. The mic does not work effectively on iOS.

Will you refund or can you actually fix?

I like the mic but damn what a huge waste of time and money so far.

Please advise.
2022-11-2
Use props
fansf1d2a5bc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 800062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is the solution: Make SURE you have COMPLETELY pushed in the connector in the bottom of the receiver. It always says it receives audio, but it's actually just BARELY connected to the connector you use for your phone. It was 0.5mm for me that was the difference between audio and no audio in the recorded video.
2022-11-10
Use props
fansf1d2a5bc
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

This is the solution: Make SURE you have COMPLETELY pushed in the connector in the bottom of the receiver. It always says it receives audio, but it's actually just BARELY connected to the connector you use for your phone. It was 0.5mm for me that was the difference between audio and no audio in the recorded video.
2022-11-10
Use props
fansf1d2a5bc
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

2022-11-10
Use props
fansf1d2a5bc
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

This is the solution: Make SURE you have COMPLETELY pushed in the connector at the bottom of the receiver. It always says it receives audio, but it's actually just BARELY connected to the connector you use for your phone. It was 0.5mm for me that was the difference between audio and no audio in the recorded video.
2022-11-10
Use props
fansf1d2a5bc
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

This is the solution: Make SURE you have COMPLETELY pushed in the connector at the bottom of the receiver. It always says it receives audio, but it's actually just BARELY connected to the connector you use for your phone. It was 0.5mm for me that was the difference between audio and no audio in the recorded video.
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_pRhXrPRGvFLS
New

United States

I have iPhone 13 Pro Max. Updated to the lastedt iOS update. Spent 3 hours trying each method on these other people’s comments/ methods. And YouTube. I’m aware u have to unplug after video to play the video back and hear the sound. I know it has to be plugged in all the way. I have used this and it was perfectly fine the first 3 times I used it. I used it to fill yesterday to find out there’s no sound. And it’s picking up sound only off my iPhone speaker. Is there a possibility the iPhone isn’t recognizing it ? And if so what settings or what do I need to do for it to recognize. I tried on 2 different other iPhones and same issue. could it be the lighting adapter ? I wouldn’t think so because it’s in perfect condition and worked the 3 times I’ve used it until now. I just got the Product and it’s already having an issue. What’s going on with this. this item looks amazing but all the issues I’ve heard about and the one I’m having is horrible for people to have to deal with.??!!
2023-1-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules