Can't connect "Enable Location Services"
5440 2 2022-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AcklenX
New

United States

I'm seeing a new message with APK 1.5.10   "Enable location services and app permissions to allow your mobile device to determine your location"

with two options:
[Cancel] [Go to Settings]

But there is nothing I have been able to click or change to make it work.  I can fly, but I can't use the app - so no video or recording or anything - just a very expensive line of sight drone that makes me very very sad.  

It (Mini 2) worked just fine the last time I was out (about 3 weeks ago).  My phone ( Samsung Galaxy S20 FE) had a software update (Android 12, One UI 4.1) in between and I've had to login to a few apps that I didn't expect.  I didn't have to login to DJI Fly, but I'm prompted for location services - which are all enabled.  I've since try uninstall ing the app and reinstalling, and changing the permissions back and forth.  

I'm pretty sad - I had plans to get some video and I'm stuck.  Any thoughts?

2022-4-30
Use props
AcklenX
New

United States

It was Location Services!  They were turned off completely.  I could see specific services enabled - including DJI Fly, but location services as a whole was off.  Normally (or previously, I guess) when you disable an entire category, all the sub options and settings are either disabled or disappear.  In this case they were still visible with some showing as enabled and some disabled.  I disabled DJI Fly in Location Services and then ALL Location Services, uninstalled and reinstalled 1.5.10 then enabled Location services with DJI Fly not displayed.  Started DJI Fly.  Was prompted to enable it.  Exited DJI Fly, searched for Location Services and added DJI FLY.   I'm would think just toggling the master enable disable would work - but just in case (for anyone else having this problem) I thought I would document all the steps that I actually did.
2022-4-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate your inquiry with us. Please make sure to turn on the said settings under your mobile device general settings > Apps to avoid receiving such messages again. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you.
2022-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules