Flickering/Stuttering video issues
1616 8 2022-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryan0751
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom paired with the Smart Controller.

Both the controller and the smart controller have been upgraded to the latest firmware available.

This Mavic lives in a pelican style hard case, and since buying it I've flown it a few dozen times.  It's never been mishandle, and certainly never crashed!

I just went to fly it today, and noticed that the video on the Smart Controller was flickering badly:

https://youtu.be/6Y6-nPGenFk

I flew around a bit, thinking maybe this flicker on the controller was just due to some interference with the signal to the drone.

However, after I pulled video off the micsoSD card from the drone itself, I see that there's flickering and a noticeable periodic stutter there too:

https://youtu.be/Bt2QsYRkdJI

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Is there something else I can try, like a factory reset on the drone (does that exist?), that might fix it?
2022-4-30
Use props
djiuser_0ksSmgzKrikJ
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue!
2022-4-30
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

What SD card and speed of it do you use. Is that card compatible with what DJI says?
2022-5-1
Use props
Ryan0751
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

kyalami Posted at 5-1 00:31
What SD card and speed of it do you use. Is that card compatible with what DJI says?

The flickering that can be observed by just looking at the controller happens with or without the SD.

It’s a San disk extreme pro 64GB card, though.
2022-5-1
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Ryan0751 Posted at 5-1 01:55
The flickering that can be observed by just looking at the controller happens with or without the SD.

It’s a San disk extreme pro 64GB card, though.

Hi,

The flickering on the RC seam different from the stuttering from the SD card. To me it looks like the card can not transfer fast enough. But perhaps some one else can assist here. Have you tried with a different SD card? Just a thought.
2022-5-1
Use props
Ryan0751
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

kyalami Posted at 5-1 02:30
Hi,

The flickering on the RC seam different from the stuttering from the SD card. To me it looks like the card can not transfer fast enough. But perhaps some one else can assist here. Have you tried with a different SD card? Just a thought.

It does appear like a different kind of flicker.

I can certainly try another card, this one is a SanDisk Extreme Pro U3 64GB, which should certainly be fast enough.
2022-5-1
Use props
Ryan0751
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I installed DJI Assistant 2 on my Mac.

For the heck of it, I downgraded the FW of the Mavic 2 to V01.00.0670, and the flicker on the Smart Controller is now gone, and video recorded to the SD card on the drone itself looks great.

I guess I'll try another upgrade using DJI Assistant 2 to the latest FW and we'll see what happens.  Happy to see that it appears to be SW related and not my drone.
2022-5-1
Use props
Ryan0751
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Good news!  I upgraded back to the latest firmware (V01.00.0770), and now the problems seem to be gone.

It must have been a botched upgrade where one of the internal components wasn't properly updated or something (I had done the previous update using the Smart Controller).
2022-5-1
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Sweden

Ryan0751 Posted at 5-1 06:05
Good news!  I upgraded back to the latest firmware (V01.00.0770), and now the problems seem to be gone.

It must have been a botched upgrade where one of the internal components wasn't properly updated or something (I had done the previous update using the Smart Controller).

That is great to hear that you managed to fix the problem yourself. Shame the one that gives up.
2022-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules