Gimbal pitch problems
1470 7 2022-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Foxerity
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100866 ft

Czechia

Recently, my gimbal stopped working, or rather only the pitch(the one controlled by the wheel). When the drone is turned on(and yes with the cover taken off), it does the calibration, but the gimbal doesnt go completely down, rather it stops at around -30 degrees and then continues, which leads to gimbal stuck 40002. If i move the gimbal at the right time down and completely up, the rest of the gimbal works, but i get gimbal overloaded. I have tried compressed air to get rid of dirt or other debree, but that didnt help. I also tried refreshing the firmware, but that didnt do anything. The weird thing is that if i try to then control it after my trick, the motor always gets stuck on -30 degrees and jitters up and down really quickly as if there was a magnet pulling it back to -30 degrees and all 3 axles are moving smoothly without any issues. I also tried calibrating everything which, again, didnt help although i did manage to calibrate the gimbal if i pushed it down...I am out of ideas, please help...

2022-5-1
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Did you crash or bump the gimbal. Did it get wet? You are not letting on much about what happened before. Regardless, given all these normal fixes you tried did not really help. Your solution is gonna be back to DJI for a gimbal replacement. It is the gimbal motor damaged not stuck by your description.
2022-5-1
Use props
Foxerity
lvl.1

Czechia

Guorium Posted at 5-1 06:17
Did you crash or bump the gimbal. Did it get wet? You are not letting on much about what happened before. Regardless, given all these normal fixes you tried did not really help. Your solution is gonna be back to DJI for a gimbal replacement. It is the gimbal motor damaged not stuck by your description.

The gimbal didnt get wet nor bumped and i didnt crash(i did once from like 20 cm, but that was about 2 months ago). I just landed the day before normally and now this...
I thought about giving it back to the shop where i bought it, however it is pretty far, so i dont want to do it until i am 100% sure that it is the only option...
2022-5-1
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

Foxerity Posted at 5-1 08:07
The gimbal didnt get wet nor bumped and i didnt crash(i did once from like 20 cm, but that was about 2 months ago). I just landed the day before normally and now this...
I thought about giving it back to the shop where i bought it, however it is pretty far, so i dont want to do it until i am 100% sure that it is the only option...

Ok it does sound mysterious if it just occurred overnight. The symptoms do suggest damage to the gimbal motors. It could not have gone bad if nothing happened. Maybe it happened without your knowledge. So your best bet is likely to ship it back to DJI for inspection and repair. If you do not need it back soon perhaps wait some time just in case someone with a working solution show up saving it a trip back to DJI.
2022-5-1
Use props
Foxerity
lvl.1

Czechia

Guorium Posted at 5-1 08:12
Ok it does sound mysterious if it just occurred overnight. The symptoms do suggest damage to the gimbal motors. It could not have gone bad if nothing happened. Maybe it happened without your knowledge. So your best bet is likely to ship it back to DJI for inspection and repair. If you do not need it back soon perhaps wait some time just in case someone with a working solution show up saving it a trip back to DJI.

ok. Thanks for the help anyway...
2022-5-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period for each part, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-5-1
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

Hope you find the cure
2022-5-2
Use props
Foxerity
lvl.1

Czechia

Ok so i returned it and got it back in a month (apparently it got lost for a moment(how?)), but anyways, it works perfectly now; My cure was sending it back...
2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules