OM5 unusable after firmware update
1568 8 2022-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gullum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21204 ft
Faroe Islands

I update the firmware today and now I can't use my OM5 at all shows green light and 3 wite dots, I can't get it to forget BT setting and mimo gives error message
IMG_9809.JPG
IMG_9808.PNG
2022-5-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-5-1
Use props
gullum
lvl.1
Faroe Islands

Hi I have an iPhone 13 mini with iOs 15.4.1, but it seams that the problem is with the OM5 as I can't reset the bluetooth on it by pressing Trigger, shutter and switch down at the same time. In the Mimo app if i go through the help live view and connect it says connected then disconnected really fast then get the error message.
2022-5-1
Use props
gullum
lvl.1
Faroe Islands

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-1 21:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

you have any idea what might be the problem?
I have had the OM5 since January and working fine, but not used it much because weather not ideal for recording video. Now it's spring and wanted to start using it.
Sunday I wanted to go out at record but it would not function because it needed a firmware update (Why you make the gimbal unfunctional because of it needing a firmware update is beyond my understanding) anyway it worked fine before the update and I could connect to it through BT to do firmware update but now it just want connect.
Any way I have an iPhone 13 mini with iOS 15.4.1  DJI Mimo is 1.7.15
2022-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

gullum Posted at 5-3 03:06
you have any idea what might be the problem?
I have had the OM5 since January and working fine, but not used it much because weather not ideal for recording video. Now it's spring and wanted to start using it.
Sunday I wanted to go out at record but it would not function because it needed a firmware update (Why you make the gimbal unfunctional because of it needing a firmware update is beyond my understanding) anyway it worked fine before the update and I could connect to it through BT to do firmware update but now it just want connect.

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? Thank you.
2022-5-7
Use props
gullum
lvl.1
Faroe Islands

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-7 03:08
Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device to see if the issue persists? Thank you.

Well I have don't that a million times already. I'm in contact with the Support team and they are looking into the problem.
2022-5-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

gullum Posted at 5-7 03:10
Well I have don't that a million times already. I'm in contact with the Support team and they are looking into the problem.

If the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps that our support team provided, I'm afraid that you may consider sending your unit to us for proper diagnostics. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-9
Use props
gullum
lvl.1
Faroe Islands

so the final answer is that my iPhone 13 mini (same size are iPhone 8 x and 11) is to light and narrow and not on the sported list. I guess some people get to work in support that are to stupid to understand what they are saying. I have had the OM5 working with my iPhone 13 mini for 3 months but after an update now my phone is to small?

the problem being that the bluetooth not connecting well the iPhone 13 range has the same bluetooth chip in all the phobnes not in any way related to the size of the phone
2022-5-12
Use props
Desiree Sanchez
New

Mexico

Hola acabo de comprar dji om 5, no puedo bajar la app en mi galaxy s21, se bajo en otro aparato un huawei p40, no se conecta al bt y ahora sale una luz verde parpadeando alternado con roja y tres puntos blancos alguien puede decirme que hacer!!!! Lo puedo regresar siento que no me sirve para nada
2022-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules