DJI Air 2s - How to remove front lens glass
2578 9 2022-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adsrabs
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knows how to remove the front lens glass on the air 2s? I don't mean the ND filter, I mean the actual glass of the lens. I had a small bump which has left the lens with a slight scuff.

I see there are a few places online where you can buy a replacment piece of glass but can't find anywhere that tells you how to get the thing off.

Thanks.
2022-5-1
Use props
ahsposo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589400 ft

United States

You are not referring to the glass in the frame that removes for replacing with Nuetral Density. You are referring to the lens behind that?
You damaged the front of your lens because you were flying without that?

If not, you grasp the outside frame of the filter and turn counter clockwise about a sith of a turn, pops right off.

If you were flying without it, what were you thinking? The filter was getting in the way?
2022-5-1
Use props
adsrabs
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ahsposo Posted at 5-1 09:54
You are not referring to the glass in the frame that removes for replacing with Nuetral Density. You are referring to the lens behind that?

yes that's correct.
2022-5-1
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

actually mine came with the frame only and no clear glass, plus a case with the 4 nd filters
2022-5-1
Use props
fans69aca5e6
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Andre Laf Posted at 5-1 13:31
actually mine came with the frame only and no clear glass, plus a case with the 4 nd filters

Yeah exactly. I was flying with frame only.

I can see the actual lens inside is not effected, it’s just the piece of glass on the outside which has been scratched.
2022-5-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period for each part, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-5-1
Use props
djiuser_SHF0ttgVzkWy
New
Flight distance : 75561 ft
Ireland

Mine also has no glass is this normal? When I replace with ND filter they all have glass but not the non ND  filter.
2023-3-18
Use props
djiuser_SHF0ttgVzkWy
New
Flight distance : 75561 ft
Ireland

Mine also has no glass is this normal? When I replace with ND filter they all have glass but not the non ND  filter.
2023-3-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_SHF0ttgVzkWy Posted at 3-18 23:20

Hi, there. Would you please expand the information?
Is the lens that does not have glass in the camera frame or anything else?
2023-3-19
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

djiuser_SHF0ttgVzkWy Posted at 3-18 23:21

The frame is only a placeholder for the filters. It is not expected to bring any lens.
2023-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules