Brand New DJI RC Pro Controller Rattles Inside
2661 22 2022-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

When I tilt my brand new DJI RC Pro controller back and forth, I hear something loose and rattling inside.  Is this normal?  Does anyone elses do this?

Thank you,
Bryan
2022-5-1
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

It actually only happens when I tilt the controller forward and back or if you shake the controller.
2022-5-1
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

After further inspection, I think the "return to home" button is just slightly loose that it rattles a bit.  The other buttons don't move back and forth if you brush them with your finger as much as the return to home button does.
2022-5-1
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like not an issue then.  Glad you figured it out.
2022-5-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd send it back as faulty. If the rattle is a broken mounting or something on a button then any other mounting/s on the component may be unduly loaded/stressed and break. If the rattler is metallic it may eventually short something.
You likely paid a fortune for this, why accept something that is flawed and may be trouble waiting to happen?
2022-5-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-1
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-1 20:51
Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi, I've only had the controller for a few days and had ordered it directly from the DJI online store.  It was delivered on April 28th. Are you saying I need to request a repair service on a brand new item?  If not, I don't see any option for an exchange/replacement due to defect. Thanks for the reply.
2022-5-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc Posted at 5-1 21:20
Hi, I've only had the controller for a few days and had ordered it directly from the DJI online store.  It was delivered on April 28th. Are you saying I need to request a repair service on a brand new item?  If not, I don't see any option for an exchange/replacement due to defect. Thanks for the reply.

We understand how you feel, very sorry about it. We recommend you send it back for testing. We will provide you corresponding solution according to the testing result. Besides, you can also contact us via support@dji.com to open a case and tell our team the specific situation and your needs. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out.
2022-5-2
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc Posted at 5-1 21:20
Hi, I've only had the controller for a few days and had ordered it directly from the DJI online store.  It was delivered on April 28th. Are you saying I need to request a repair service on a brand new item?  If not, I don't see any option for an exchange/replacement due to defect. Thanks for the reply.

They will send a replacement if necessary. A customer wouldn't know if it needs to be replaced or repaired.
Always had good service form DJI
2022-5-2
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

ReproRetro Posted at 5-2 01:38
They will send a replacement if necessary. A customer wouldn't know if it needs to be replaced or repaired.
Always had good service form DJI

If it is brand new and there is a loose button on the controller, I (as a customer) can confidently say it needs to be replaced. You don't sell someone an item that has a defect and then have them send it back in to be diagnosed or repaired. Just replace the item.  That's called customer service. Regardless, I'll be contacting the DJI support phone number.  Thanks for the help.
2022-5-2
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc Posted at 5-2 04:25
If it is brand new and there is a loose button on the controller, I (as a customer) can confidently say it needs to be replaced. You don't sell someone an item that has a defect and then have them send it back in to be diagnosed or repaired. Just replace the item.  That's called customer service. Regardless, I'll be contacting the DJI support phone number.  Thanks for the help.

You are welcome
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc Posted at 5-2 04:25
If it is brand new and there is a loose button on the controller, I (as a customer) can confidently say it needs to be replaced. You don't sell someone an item that has a defect and then have them send it back in to be diagnosed or repaired. Just replace the item.  That's called customer service. Regardless, I'll be contacting the DJI support phone number.  Thanks for the help.

We are sorry for any inconvenience. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. Please send it back ASAP. We will keep an eye on your case. Please rest assured.
2022-5-4
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-4 01:58
We are sorry for any inconvenience. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. Please send it back ASAP. We will keep an eye on your case. Please rest assured.

Hi,

I mailed it yesterday at a UPS store.  I'm hoping I get it back soon.  I'm assuming it'll take at least 2 weeks (a few days to get there by mail - 3 to 5 days for you to diagnose - then 3 more days to get mailed back to me.  I'm leaving the country May 31st with my DJI Mavic 3 drone and would really like to have time to practice with the RC Pro controller before that time.

Thank you for keeping an eye on it.
2022-5-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc Posted at 5-4 06:37
Hi,

I mailed it yesterday at a UPS store.  I'm hoping I get it back soon.  I'm assuming it'll take at least 2 weeks (a few days to get there by mail - 3 to 5 days for you to diagnose - then 3 more days to get mailed back to me.  I'm leaving the country May 31st with my DJI Mavic 3 drone and would really like to have time to practice with the RC Pro controller before that time.

Thanks for your update. We will keep an eye on your case and assist you to expedite the process. Please rest assured.
2022-5-4
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

So...how do I get my Case Number to lookup the status of my repair once you receive it?
2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

2022-5-5
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

Found it!  You have to select your Profile while on the https://repair.dji.com/ site. It won't show up under your https://my.dji.com/ profile for some reason. Then navigate through the three listed tabs to access your Case.

2022-5-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc Posted at 5-5 20:47
Found it!  You have to select your Profile while on the https://repair.dji.com/ site. It won't show up under your https://my.dji.com/ profile for some reason. Then navigate through the three listed tabs to access your Case.
[view_image]

Hi, there. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. We will keep an eye on your case. Please rest assured.
2022-5-6
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-6 01:04
Hi, there. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. We will keep an eye on your case. Please rest assured.

I have the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller that came with the fly more combo.  While my RC Pro controller is being looked at by you guys (it looks like you recieved it yesterday), how do I connect the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller to my cell phone?  I've installed the DJI Fly app. The app can see my drone but it can't detect the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller. When I power on the controller, all 4 green lights are flashing on and off at the same time.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra phone.  I plugged the USB C end of the controller cable to my cell phone.  The other end is VERY loosely connected to the controller.  
2022-5-7
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc Posted at 5-7 10:04
I have the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller that came with the fly more combo.  While my RC Pro controller is being looked at by you guys (it looks like you recieved it yesterday), how do I connect the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller to my cell phone?  I've installed the DJI Fly app. The app can see my drone but it can't detect the DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller. When I power on the controller, all 4 green lights are flashing on and off at the same time.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra phone.  I plugged the USB C end of the controller cable to my cell phone.  The other end is VERY loosely connected to the controller.

This is now fixed. Turns out the default cable that comes connected to the DJI RC-N1 is for IPhones. I've now connected the USB C to USB C cable and my cell phone now sees the remote controller.  
2022-5-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc Posted at 5-7 10:18
This is now fixed. Turns out the default cable that comes connected to the DJI RC-N1 is for IPhones. I've now connected the USB C to USB C cable and my cell phone now sees the remote controller.

Thanks for your update. Glad to know that you have figured it out. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-5-8
Use props
djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-8 19:02
Thanks for your update. Glad to know that you have figured it out. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

This is the response I received today from your DJI support team.
"This message is from DJI Support. After testing your product, DJI has determined to provide you with free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished within 3 to 6 business days, after which the product will be sent back to you. Thank you for choosing DJI."

I must say I'm extremely disappointed in DJI's response. Your team found the brand new $1200 RC Pro controller's RTH button to be damaged/defective. Instead of immediately shipping out another brand new RC Pro controller to me, you're going to take an additional 3-6 days to repair a single button. Would you consider this good customer service?
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_3YjnijSoxTzc Posted at 5-10 07:05
This is the response I received today from your DJI support team.
"This message is from DJI Support. After testing your product, DJI has determined to provide you with free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished within 3 to 6 business days, after which the product will be sent back to you. Thank you for choosing DJI."

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. After further checking into your case, we learned that our team has sent out your parcel. Please wait patiently. Thank you.
2022-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules