Secret Agent Pilot
422 17 2022-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

My trip over to the neighboring R/C club  in Las Cruces New Mexico Also that is the amazing Aron Marancenbaum with his shuttle and Biplane. He is towed by Dave Nester with assist from Mike Moore. Vern HD is the current Prez.

2022-5-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Epic footage SgtRay.    Love the name of the street - Broken Prop Lane.  
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there SgtRay. Good day and thank you for posting this cool video that you have filmed. Great work and keep flying.
2022-5-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome SgtRay
2022-5-2
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Thank you all.
2022-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool video!
2022-5-5
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 5-5 23:58
Cool video!

Thanks
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
2022-5-6
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

Very cool video! So you're chasing the RC plane with your FPV?

I wish there was a facility like that near where I live (Carson City, Nevada).

Do fixed wing RC aircraft have video these days?

Thanks for this!

:-)

TCS
2022-5-8
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 5-8 08:01
Very cool video! So you're chasing the RC plane with your FPV?

I wish there was a facility like that near where I live (Carson City, Nevada).

Do a search for R/C clubs I'm sure they have one around. I've done chases of anything I could find. You should be able to find some good off-road stuff. Maybe at the lake and do some jet ski's

There are a lot of planes with vid. I have about 3 or 4. If I ever get around to it I put a DJI sys in my A-10
2022-5-8
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

SgtRay Posted at 5-8 10:57
Do a search for R/C clubs I'm sure they have one around. I've done chases of anything I could find. You should be able to find some good off-road stuff. Maybe at the lake and do some jet ski's

There are a lot of planes with vid. I have about 3 or 4. If I ever get around to it I put a DJI sys in my A-10

I'm pretty sure the entire Lake Tahoe basin is a permanent No Fly Zone for drones, but I haven't checked.

Not so much on the local R/C groups. There was only one listed in the Carson City area, and the listing had no contact information at all, just an address.

There were a couple up in Reno, but I don't really want to schlep all the way up there.

Guess I'm SOL!

TCS
Edit: On further inspection, the southern Reno club may actually fly out of the airpark listing that had no contact information. The photo looked interesting...definitely worth checkikng out!

Thx!
2022-5-8
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 5-8 13:37
I'm pretty sure the entire Lake Tahoe basin is a permanent No Fly Zone for drones, but I haven't checked.

Not so much on the local R/C groups. There was only one listed in the Carson City area, and the listing had no contact information at all, just an address.

I just looked on the dji ap and I didn't see that. Recheck it. And don't forget jetski's, water ski's, and speed boats. They're fun to chase around. If you ask most people would love to see themselves on vid.
2022-5-8
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Cool place
2022-5-8
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

SgtRay Posted at 5-8 14:03
I just looked on the dji ap and I didn't see that. Recheck it. And don't forget jetski's, water ski's, and speed boats. They're fun to chase around. If you ask most people would love to see themselves on vid.

OK, I'll check around. It may be an FAA thing about minimum altitude that conflicts with the 400 ft max AGL for drones. I've flown over Tahoe many times in full-sized aircraft, but never below 400 ft AGL.

And an update on the RC Clubs locally: my initial search produced pretty lame results. But I kept poking at it, and there are two great looking parks near me, one in east Carson City, one in southern(ish) Douglas County. I've already contacted the people who fly at both, and I'll be checking out RC planes in the not too distant future!

With just a very quick scan, it seems that "ready to fly" is a lot less common in the RC plane world, and I'm enough of a fine-finger klutz that this question matters to me!

Thx,

TCS
2022-5-9
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 5-9 06:40
OK, I'll check around. It may be an FAA thing about minimum altitude that conflicts with the 400 ft max AGL for drones. I've flown over Tahoe many times in full-sized aircraft, but never below 400 ft AGL.

And an update on the RC Clubs locally: my initial search produced pretty lame results. But I kept poking at it, and there are two great looking parks near me, one in east Carson City, one in southern(ish) Douglas County. I've already contacted the people who fly at both, and I'll be checking out RC planes in the not too distant future!

I have a video on my YouTube site of a vertical take off plane that's ready to fly and has video. Horizon hobby sells a flying wing that's ready to fly and has a video in it
There are other ready to fly planes. And even if they weren't it is ridiculously easy to put a system in any plane.

But I put that system in an A10 it took me all of about 20 minutes and that was just cutting it in to the cockpit. Since it's a DJI system it will work with my goggles and I can pull the cradle out and put it on top or inside of any plane that can carry it.
20211218_192333.jpg
20211218_192308.jpg
2022-5-9
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
United States

SgtRay Posted at 5-9 07:45
I have a video on my YouTube site of a vertical take off plane that's ready to fly and has video. Horizon hobby sells a flying wing that's ready to fly and has a video in it
There are other ready to fly planes. And even if they weren't it is ridiculously easy to put a system in any plane.

What a gorgeous airplane!

Facing financial reality, however, I've got a bunch of FPV stuff that I need to get first, and then, of course, I'll need to get my Mini-3.

The weather has been so rotten here that I haven't even moved my new FPV out of Normal Mode yet! Not enough chance to practice.

But I can still go to the local AMA events and watch all the cool planes. You've actually inspired me to get good enough with my FPV to be able to do a photo-following flight like the one you posted earlier!

:-)

Thx!

TCS
2022-5-11
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Chaosrider Posted at 5-11 14:16
What a gorgeous airplane!

Facing financial reality, however, I've got a bunch of FPV stuff that I need to get first, and then, of course, I'll need to get my Mini-3.

Lol glad to hear it!
2022-5-11
Use props
MAF178
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Rolls Royce Ray .. keep it going

2022-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now