A good charger for the OM 5
3617 6 2022-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EShawn
lvl.1
Canada

I just got the OM 5.  So far, loving it!  I understood that the charging time was only 1.5 hours.  I'm using an older 5W iPhone charger.  And at the 2 hour mark, it was less than 50% charged.  I looked around online regarding compatible chargers.  I didn't find anything on the OM 5, but did come across a forum for the OM 3.  And the DJI reps there, were saying to use a 10W charger.  A 10W charger would charge much faster than a 5W charger.  And hence the estimated 1.5 hour charge time for the OM 5.  So I'll take it that a 10W charger would work with the OM 5.

I have a 20W charger.  Can I safely use this on the OM 5?  My concern is overheating of the battery during charging.  Don't want to decrease the life of the battery on the gimbal.  Or worse, set it on fire.  Can anyone recommend a good, fast charger that I can use on the OM 5?  Thanks in advance.
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there EShawn. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Members who owns the DJI OM5 can give out what charger they are using and can share the best recommendation with regards to this inquiry. Just a reminder that the DJI OM5 has a charging time of 1.5 hours ( measured with a 10W charger with recommended charging current is 2 A. ) Thank you.
2022-5-2
Use props
EShawn
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-2 19:16
Hello there EShawn. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Members who owns the DJI OM5 can give out what charger they are using and can share the best recommendation with regards to this inquiry. Just a reminder that the DJI OM5 has a charging time of 1.5 hours ( measured with a 10W charger with recommended charging current is 2 A. ) Thank you.

Thanks Stephen.  While you are here.  I have a related second question.  Is it normal for the battery indicator lights to turn off after several minutes, while charging?  Or does that mean the charging has been interrupted, and the OM 5 is no longer charging?
2022-5-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

EShawn Posted at 5-2 20:49
Thanks Stephen.  While you are here.  I have a related second question.  Is it normal for the battery indicator lights to turn off after several minutes, while charging?  Or does that mean the charging has been interrupted, and the OM 5 is no longer charging?

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. Please kindly note when charging DJI OM 5 that the battery level indicators will blink in sequence. After the charging is complete, the indicators will light off. You can click the power button when the power is off to check the power
2022-5-4
Use props
EShawn
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 5-4 02:26
Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. Please kindly note when charging DJI OM 5 that the battery level indicators will blink in sequence. After the charging is complete, the indicators will light off. You can click the power button when the power is off to check the power

Thanks! That's a good tip to know. Should include that in the manual.
2022-5-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

EShawn Posted at 5-4 07:42
Thanks! That's a good tip to know. Should include that in the manual.

Thanks for your feedback. You may refer to the manual on page 5. Besides, we have also forwarded your advice to our related team. Thank you.

2022-5-4
Use props
EShawn
lvl.1
Canada

I ended up getting a 15W 5V 2A charger. It took about 2 hours to fully charge (tested in an environment temp of 25C). But still better than the 3+ hours with the 5W charger.  Didn’t feel any unusual heating.  Both on the charger and the gimbal.  Maybe I’ll try a 20W charger to see how much faster it would be.  And if there are signs of overheating.
2022-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules