Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Occusync 3 so that's good

EDIT: Form what i now read its unofficial, sorry, i was one premature soldier on that score lol...
FB_IMG_1651595736540.jpg
2022-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems a bit lacking in details to me.     Im really hoping for a lot more like active track,   sensors,  vertical video,   panos etc.  
2022-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 10:23
Seems a bit lacking in details to me.     Im really hoping for a lot more like active track,   sensors,  vertical video,   panos etc.

It mentions Active Track, now called focus track.
Also they're pano shots going around.
2022-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-3 10:32
It mentions Active Track, now called focus track.
Also they're pano shots going around.

Just seems that the leaflet doenst seem to advertise it properly.    I have no doubt it will do panos and other things just that they are not mentioned.  Surely it would call out the modes of focus track it supports.  This is after all a first drone for many people and some hand holding would normally be in order.   
2022-5-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 10:50
Just seems that the leaflet doenst seem to advertise it properly.    I have no doubt it will do panos and other things just that they are not mentioned.  Surely it would call out the modes of focus track it supports.  This is after all a first drone for many people and some hand holding would normally be in order.

I think focus track is a package, I’ve seen pages like this done for comparison etc . They might be trying to keep just a few surprises back for release day ;+)
2022-5-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I am thinking once the mini launches with Focus track and its other features, the Fly app update will include waypoints for the Mavic 3. Maybe the update will push all at once.
2022-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-3 10:55
I think focus track is a package, I’ve seen pages like this done for comparison etc . They might be trying to keep just a few surprises back for release day ;+)

Or its not official DJI and just something someone else has put together.    Its not far off what captain drone put out already.
2022-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-3 10:59
I am thinking once the mini launches with Focus track and its other features, the Fly app update will include waypoints for the Mavic 3. Maybe the update will push all at once.

I hope so Suren,   but I dont see why they wouldn't complicate matters for themselves.  And have they even officially confirmed waypoints is coming soon?
2022-5-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 11:14
I hope so Suren,   but I dont see why they wouldn't complicate matters for themselves.  And have they even officially confirmed waypoints is coming soon?

They posted about it in their Chinese forums that they will release these in Quarter 2, 2022. Dji is very complicated, they like stressing customers out
2022-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-3 11:19
They posted about it in their Chinese forums that they will release these in Quarter 2, 2022. Dji is very complicated, they like stressing customers out

Well they still have a few months of q2 left.   

Every-time Ive worked on a product launch we had a cut off for features,  then bugs, then critical bugs before the product launched.  And then it was all hands on deck to get the product features to launch and other features were on hold until the product launched and we were happy there were no big issues to quash.     That was for a fortune 200 company so DJI may do it differently.  
2022-5-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

O3 will be great.  Thanks for sharing Bashy.  
2022-5-3
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

The strangest thing in the list is "Li-ion" batteries (unless it is a typo). They have not used Li-ion since Mini 1. But that might explain the existence of a bigger capacity battery, which probably would use Li-po cells instead...
2022-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Real or fake?
"Transmitter Power      2.4GHz"   - Transmitter power should be in Watts, not GHz which is frequency

2022-5-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting, to me and compared to normal cameras, mobile, DSLR etc, focus Tracking is something entirely different, it's keeping the subject in focus whilst the camera (pans) tracks it, that's not the same as DJI's Active Tracking, although here FocusTrack is all one word but why after all this time would DJI now rename it? it just confuses the consumer or is it to set apart the big boys from the wee yin? I don't think its the 1st tie i read FocusTrack either and when i saw it before i thought, brill, that could be handy, especially at the track etc... but then i thought, it doesn't make a lot of difference unless the subject is up close, so...
Something else re the "leaflet", the more i look at it, the more it looks "home made". I don't know, it could be legit, the FocusTrack for one, and I'm not sure if I've ever seen DJI report distances like that, before i.e. including interference strong to weak, is that something new? and most of the info is already out there in the void, could the other few extras be guesses based on well, guessing? Thats the sceptic in me, could be well off base on all counts here, thoughts?
2022-5-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-3 18:02
Real or fake?
"Transmitter Power      2.4GHz"   - Transmitter power should be in Watts, not GHz which is frequency

Yeah, i noticed that but I read it differently, they could be saying it like, Transmitter power on 2.4ghz...  
but i don't think that's right now you've mentioned it, reason being, 5.8 is just as good (distance) as 2.4, well, it is when in FCC at least or should i say it is that way when using the Phantom. Not sure eon the MIni as i have that in Auto, the Phantom is manually set to 5,8
2022-5-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The more i look, the more i pick fault, i cannot get my head around those distances with interference, since when does DJI put up the minimum and estimated distances? its normally like
Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)
10 km (FCC)
6 km (CE)
6 km (SRRC)
6 km (MIC)

why change that now, its not sitting right with me for sure

EDIT: just heard that its unofficial so take it with a pinch of salt folks until such time we hear from DJI at the release.
2022-5-3
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Bashy Posted at 5-3 18:06
Interesting, to me and compared to normal cameras, mobile, DSLR etc, focus Tracking is something entirely different, it's keeping the subject in focus whilst the camera (pans) tracks it, that's not the same as DJI's Active Tracking, although here FocusTrack is all one word but why after all this time would DJI now rename it? it just confuses the consumer or is it to set apart the big boys from the wee yin? I don't think its the 1st tie i read FocusTrack either and when i saw it before i thought, brill, that could be handy, especially at the track etc... but then i thought, it doesn't make a lot of difference unless the subject is up close, so...
Something else re the "leaflet", the more i look at it, the more it looks "home made". I don't know, it could be legit, the FocusTrack for one, and I'm not sure if I've ever seen DJI report distances like that, before i.e. including interference strong to weak, is that something new? and most of the info is already out there in the void, could the other few extras be guesses based on well, guessing? Thats the sceptic in me, could be well off base on all counts here, thoughts?

I guess if it had variable focus (like the Nano+) they would have been the advertising the auto focus method as well (again, like the Nano+).. So I guess "FocusTrack" is just another marketing profanity, like the "Quad" Bayer Of course I would rather be wrong and it actually is more than a new name for active track....
2022-5-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 11:38
Well they still have a few months of q2 left.   

Every-time Ive worked on a product launch we had a cut off for features,  then bugs, then critical bugs before the product launched.  And then it was all hands on deck to get the product features to launch and other features were on hold until the product launched and we were happy there were no big issues to quash.     That was for a fortune 200 company so DJI may do it differently.

Dji launches the product then find the bugs and scramble to fix.
2022-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-3 22:16
Dji launches the product then find the bugs and scramble to fix.

Positive thoughts Suren,   positive thoughts.   
2022-5-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 5-3 23:18
Positive thoughts Suren,   positive thoughts.

Im Trying
2022-5-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shame its unofficial Bashy but I am now looking forward to HDR video.  
2022-5-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If they make it DJI FPV V2 Compatible I'm buying.

Options: Mini 3 Pro with no controller means you can probably use it with the DJI FPV V2 equipment.
2022-5-4
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

omg....GPS+Galileo+BeiDou.....

uh, curious now about tine to get a GPS fix on the Mini3
2022-5-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't understand how Quickshots are allowed on drones without side sensors. Surely some novices are going to use them without checking the surroundings and how it works. No doubt probably at least a few thousand drones have been lost through a collision while using those modes.

I would only trust the Skydio 2 to use modes like that without issue with lots of light.
2022-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CemAygun Posted at 5-3 20:36
I guess if it had variable focus (like the Nano+) they would have been the advertising the auto focus method as well (again, like the Nano+).. So I guess "FocusTrack" is just another marketing profanity, like the "Quad" Bayer  Of course I would rather be wrong and it actually is more than a new name for active track....

It is more than a new name. Its active track greatly improved and much much simpler and quicker to use. You could call it one touch AT.
2022-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bashy Posted at 5-3 18:06
Interesting, to me and compared to normal cameras, mobile, DSLR etc, focus Tracking is something entirely different, it's keeping the subject in focus whilst the camera (pans) tracks it, that's not the same as DJI's Active Tracking, although here FocusTrack is all one word but why after all this time would DJI now rename it? it just confuses the consumer or is it to set apart the big boys from the wee yin? I don't think its the 1st tie i read FocusTrack either and when i saw it before i thought, brill, that could be handy, especially at the track etc... but then i thought, it doesn't make a lot of difference unless the subject is up close, so...
Something else re the "leaflet", the more i look at it, the more it looks "home made". I don't know, it could be legit, the FocusTrack for one, and I'm not sure if I've ever seen DJI report distances like that, before i.e. including interference strong to weak, is that something new? and most of the info is already out there in the void, could the other few extras be guesses based on well, guessing? Thats the sceptic in me, could be well off base on all counts here, thoughts?

Focus track has been out since Air2 its a much improved AT much simpler to use and nothing has been cut back .
With DSLRs you get face eye track etc that is a whole other kettle of fish.

The reason they single it out is because it’s probably the best feature on all their drones.
2022-5-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

All military and law enforcements should have at least 1.
2022-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 5-4 00:49
I don't understand how Quickshots are allowed on drones without side sensors. Surely some novices are going to use them without checking the surroundings and how it works. No doubt probably at least a few thousand drones have been lost through a collision while using those modes.

I would only trust the Skydio 2 to use modes like that without issue with lots of light.

“No doubt probably at least a few thousand drones have been lost through a collision while using those modes.”

Good for business so !
2022-5-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-4 00:54
Focus track has been out since Air2 its a much improved AT much simpler to use and nothing has been cut back .
With DSLRs you get face eye track etc that is a whole other kettle of fish.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know what, why would they change the name, focus track makes no sense now active track on the other hand just sits right in all aspects, crazy world...
2022-5-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 5-4 00:49
I don't understand how Quickshots are allowed on drones without side sensors. Surely some novices are going to use them without checking the surroundings and how it works. No doubt probably at least a few thousand drones have been lost through a collision while using those modes.

I would only trust the Skydio 2 to use modes like that without issue with lots of light.

Heck, ya don't need  those modes to hit a tree brach, ya can do that quite easily without, ask me how I know...
2022-5-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What makes it easier to use? On my P4p ya just choose the active track, draw a box and hit go...
2022-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bashy Posted at 5-4 01:29
What makes it easier to use? On my P4p ya just choose the active track, draw a box and hit go...

So you no longer have to go into your menu for focus track, so first no need to find it . You simply draw a box on your screen and all options pop up like circle track POI track track from right / from left/ behind/ in front. Its much quicker etc. if you’re used to AT a few minutes and you will be familiar.
2022-5-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and it's specifications. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-5-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 5-4 01:27
Heck, ya don't need  those modes to hit a tree brach, ya can do that quite easily without, ask me how I know...

It's indeed unfortunate mistakes have to always be made in the beginning.

I've never crashed 1 DJI drone but indeed hit some trees all the way to today but none has ever been put out of commission. Not even the props were significantly damaged.

I have indeed crashed many DIY drones throughout the years before getting into DJI with the Spark.
2022-5-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive lost about 2 or 3 props with the mini 2 and prob about the same with the P4P, with regards to the Mini 2, one time doing a manual, low orbit around a big Oak tree, suffice to say that there was a branch that i neglected to ess was going round. As for the P4P, I have an argument with a tall pine, it didn't crash that time, but i may have nicked a prop, that's using active track and i swung it round the wrong way, the post in is in the P4P section I also tried to go under a tiny bridge, the ceiling was only about 4ft above the water, i thought the ac was dropping so i overcompensated and hit the ceiling and ditched it in about 2ft of water, £180 battery up the swanny. Dried out the ac and all has been well since. I also hit a tree at about 40ft (est) up, lost a prop and a LED lense. Suffice to say, its been abused but flies 100% for a blind drunk man.... Bearing in mind that the P4P has side sensors too but they only work in tripod mode... :/ PS, also done a bit of grass cutting with the P4P, on purpose mind, got bored lol, tried it with the MIni 2 but the props close in and drops lol
2022-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bluetooth, will it now be possible to transfer photos etc with Bluetooth ?
2022-5-4
Use props
djiuser_looU4HgkYPjX
New

United States

I will be a first time buyer and user....does dji have a pre order program or do I need to stay vigilant with updates...jc
2022-5-4
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

djiuser_looU4HgkYPjX Posted at 5-4 06:08
I will be a first time buyer and user....does dji have a pre order program or do I need to stay vigilant with updates...jc

No way to pre-order a product that has not been announced -- officially, the Mini 3 does not exist.

Once it has been officially announced (many speculate that happens 10 May) you can order one then.  I assume initially availability may be constrained.
2022-5-4
Use props
Thistle
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Thistle Posted at 5-4 08:35
Not with iOS devices.

Move on NGC you’ve been banned I don’t need or wish to reply to banned users.
2022-5-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules