Fly app crashes on S21
3551 11 2022-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greg
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

I am trying to download the Fly app on my Samsung S21 mobile phone.  The app does not appear in my Android Play store, so I downloaded it directly from the DJI site. It does download but will not open and install on my mobile.  Next I tried downloading from the Galaxy store. When I follow this route, the app does install on my mobile, but crashes on every attempt to open. (I get an error message: "DJI Fly closed because this app has a bug. Trying updating after its developer provides a fix for this error")
Are there any other options?

2022-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the said application using our website? You may refer to the link below. Copy and paste the generated URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the APK, once you have already downloaded the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser of your mobile device then open the file after that, the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the APK file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-5-3
Use props
fansaa403732
lvl.1
  • >>>
New Zealand

Perfect. Thank you for the quick response. This options works!  I appreciate you providing the alternative route. I would never have thought to go via the browser's download folder.
2022-5-3
Use props
djiuser_moOVpR8nux0J
New

Brazil

I had app working fine in my Samsung S21+. I don't kown why, now is crashing and showing the same message. I removed app, download again and installed again. But the same problem, open and close with error.. maybe some problem with new Adnroid version?
2022-8-11
Use props
yodermk
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_moOVpR8nux0J - same here.  S21+, DJI Go 4 app crashes on startup. I just installed the latest version. Used to work fine. This is the second time this has happened.

DJI this is bad. If you have the slightest bit of respect for your users, you'll put out a fix and up your QA game immediately.

It does work on my old OnePlus 6 (as also it did last time this happened), guess I need to keep that as a backup.
2022-8-11
Use props
fans94c17851
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16388 ft
Italy

ok  Guys,  have received this version app. DJI FLY APP 1.6.12. It works perfectly on my Samsung galaxy S20+ and   S22+
Download from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Dzw4aC7IzdBacXMHvPwgd0bdA-Za34S/view?usp=sharing
2022-8-11
Use props
maks13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55659 ft

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-3 17:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the said application using our website? You may refer to the link below. Copy and paste the generated URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the APK, once you have already downloaded the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser of your mobile device then open the file after that, the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the APK file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
Hello. I have air 2s and galaxy 21. One week all works perfect but yuesterday my dji fly app don't want to open. Try to open DJI FLY but Immediately close and report that is something wrong. I have tried to reinstall, turn off galaxy and turn on and still doesen't work !!! I have install on my apple mini ipad and all working perfect. What is strange, I didn't install or update nothing on my phone. Please help me
2022-8-12
Use props
maks13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55659 ft

Spain

fans94c17851 Posted at 8-11 21:58
ok  Guys,  have received this version app. DJI FLY APP 1.6.12. It works perfectly on my Samsung galaxy S20+ and   S22+
Download from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Dzw4aC7IzdBacXMHvPwgd0bdA-Za34S/view?usp=sharing

Hello. I have air 2s and galaxy 21. One week all works perfect but yuesterday my dji fly app don't want to open. Try to open DJI FLY but Immediately close and report that is something wrong. I have tried to reinstall, turn off galaxy and turn on and still doesen't work !!! I have install on my apple mini ipad and all working perfect. What is strange, I didn't install or update nothing on my phone. Please help me
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_wezSppKI4mEZ
New
Flight distance : 762054 ft

Russia

fans94c17851 Posted at 8-11 21:58
ok  Guys,  have received this version app. DJI FLY APP 1.6.12. It works perfectly on my Samsung galaxy S20+ and   S22+

This one works on my Galaxy S20 FE. Thank you!
Is it beta-version? (because current version on dji website is 1.6.8)
2022-8-12
Use props
Bob Draijer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 915279 ft
Netherlands

To bad on my Samsung S21 5G the fly APP will crash in 1 sec can not use it at all :-(
Should i send my brand new Avata back or will there be a solution?
2022-8-26
Use props
Tarif
New

Switzerland

App crashes. I installed from the official site. Crash. Crash again. CRASH AGAIN!!! This makes me angry. I didn't buy a drone so it's not working. FIX THAT!!!! S21 Ultra/DJI Mini 2
2023-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tarif Posted at 4-14 10:26
App crashes. I installed from the official site. Crash. Crash again. CRASH AGAIN!!! This makes me angry. I didn't buy a drone so it's not working. FIX THAT!!!! S21 Ultra/DJI Mini 2

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please check the following suggestions and see if it helps:
(1)   Please clear the mobile phone cache and ensure that the mobile phone has enough storage available (10G or more is recommended). Hard restart the mobile phone.
(2)Check the App version, if the app is not the latest version, then it is recommended to update the app to the latest version.
(3)Download from the official website again: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2023-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules