About the Osmo Pocket USB-C to 3,5mm audio adapter
1288 5 2022-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I asked this same question on the Accessories section of Products topics, but got no answer at all there, so I'll try again here.

A quick question about the official Osmo Pocket audio adapter: Is it that it only can be used with the Osmo Pocket and the Pocket 2, or can I use that adapter with other-brand USB-C devices such as smartphones?

I have understood that only that adapter works with the Pocket models,  which I can kind of understand. But it feels quite expensive if I can't  use the adapter with any other devices besides the DJI ones.

2022-5-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Pocket audio adapters are compatible with most major brands of 3.5mm microphones, and the following microphones have been tested.
1、Audio-Technica ATR-6550.
2、Rode VideoMic Pro.
3、Rode VideoMicro.
4、Azden SGM-990.
5, Sennheiser MKE400.
6, Sony ECM-DS70P.
7、DJI FM-15 FlexiMic
2022-5-3
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-3 22:03
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Pocket audio adapters are compatible with most major brands of 3.5mm microphones, and the following microphones have been tested.
1、Audio-Technica ATR-6550.
2、Rode VideoMic Pro.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it seems like I'll have to specify my question a bit further, as this didn't reply to the point I was looking for. I know that the microphones I can connect to Osmo Pocket or Pocket 2 with this adapter can be of other brands besides DJI. But what I intended to ask was if I could use this adapter to connect these microphones to other than DJI-branded cameras and devices. For instance, could I use this adapter to connect the microphones and/or headphones to my cell phone that has an USB-C connector?

Anyway, thank you for your replies and efforts in answering the question for me.
2022-5-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

HGDC84 Posted at 5-4 10:59
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it seems like I'll have to specify my question a bit further, as this didn't reply to the point I was looking for. I know that the microphones I can connect to Osmo Pocket or Pocket 2 with this adapter can be of other brands besides DJI. But what I intended to ask was if I could use this adapter to connect these microphones to other than DJI-branded cameras and devices. For instance, could I use this adapter to connect the microphones and/or headphones to my cell phone that has an USB-C connector?

Anyway, thank you for your replies and efforts in answering the question for me.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late reply. After further confirmation with our team, the devices apart from those we provided in  2# haven't been tested. Please rest assured we will carry out more tests. Besides, this adapter is compatible with most 3.5 mm TRS microphones. You may have a test. Thank you for your understanding.
2022-5-5
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Thor Posted at 5-5 22:28
Hello, there. Sorry for the late reply. After further confirmation with our team, the devices apart from those we provided in  2# haven't been tested. Please rest assured we will carry out more tests. Besides, this adapter is compatible with most 3.5 mm TRS microphones. You may have a test. Thank you for your understanding.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I'll probably wait and see if some further test results appear either from you or somebody else before buying...

Have a nice weekend!
2022-5-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

HGDC84 Posted at 5-6 03:40
Okay, thanks for the clarification. I'll probably wait and see if some further test results appear either from you or somebody else before buying...

Have a nice weekend!

Thanks for your understanding. Should you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Happy weekend!
2022-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules