DJI Agras T30 Spreading system settings calculations
6718 11 2022-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_J8N6uUCPFZGI
lvl.1

Australia

Hello everyone,

I recenly started using Agras T30 with a spreading system and I am a bit confused with field editing and spreading settings. I am spreading a granular fertilizer over the revegitation sites.

Does anyone knows what is the optimal route spacing for equally covering the work area?

Is there an optimal correlation between the spreading amount / flight speed / spinner disk speed / height in the Spreading settings?

Cheers!
2022-5-3
Use props
RLWood6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1248743 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm just running into that too after my first tests yesterday over a large grass field.  I'm not finding any charts for spreading "calculations" anywhere.  The dealer I purchased from (Empire Drones) already has a request out to DJI to find out if they have anything of the sort. Said he got two requests within a week from his customers.
2022-5-11
Use props
Aleksei Tatarnikov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10505 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RLWood6 Posted at 5-11 05:27
I'm just running into that too after my first tests yesterday over a large grass field.  I'm not finding any charts for spreading "calculations" anywhere.  The dealer I purchased from (Empire Drones) already has a request out to DJI to find out if they have anything of the sort. Said he got two requests within a week from his customers.

FYI I found this video on youtube, a fantastic demonstration of T30 spreading operations. The operator put flight speed and spinner disk speed on max, altitude on 15ft (4.5m) and the desired spreading amount. And after the first flight, if you get the notification that your spreading amount is higher/lower than your desired amount, you change the spreading amount settings. I haven't tested it yet, though.
2022-5-25
Use props
kapchur.us
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1248743 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aleksei Tatarnikov Posted at 5-25 16:53
https://youtu.be/fHYMrXJMGY4

FYI I found this video on youtube, a fantastic demonstration of T30 spreading operations. The operator put flight speed and spinner disk speed on max, altitude on 15ft (4.5m) and the desired spreading amount. And after the first flight, if you get the notification that your spreading amount is higher/lower than your desired amount, you change the spreading amount settings. I haven't tested it yet, though.

Yeah!  I love these guys! I've watched all of their T30 videos. I've sorted it out I think.  But for us, with fertilizer, I get a lot of spinner errors if I max the speed. So I usually set mine somewhere from 900-1000.  But yes, like you said, I watch the summary whenever it pops up and I adjust the flow amount to try to hit my target.
2022-5-30
Use props
Aleksei Tatarnikov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10505 ft
  • >>>
Australia

kapchur.us Posted at 5-30 16:25
Yeah!  I love these guys! I've watched all of their T30 videos. I've sorted it out I think.  But for us, with fertilizer, I get a lot of spinner errors if I max the speed. So I usually set mine somewhere from 900-1000.  But yes, like you said, I watch the summary whenever it pops up and I adjust the flow amount to try to hit my target.

Also, before re-filling the tank with granular fertilizer you can release what's left in the tank with "start recording" button on the remote controller. It helps to minimize the number of spinner errors!
2022-6-1
Use props
OTAVIO.SILVA
lvl.2
Brazil

The best way I founded to adjust this was by test/error, unfortunately.

We are working mainly to spread forrage seeds and the results are not steady for the same seed due to moisture conditions and others that I could not identify yet.

Calibrate the amount to spread is the most difficult because results are not consistant for the same setup. If working in 2 days in a roll for example, You can get different results for each one even keeping the same spreading setup.
Worst than that is that I have found that the amount displayed at the end of the flight does not match the amount for the flight records, after all (see pic attached). For example I have got 405 kg spreaded according to result 1 and 431kg due to the second method, while the real ammount utilized was 420kg. It is not the end of the word but keep that difference in mind while setting up your flights.

The workflow that We found useful is to work with seeds is:
- Use between 9 - 10 meters for route spacing (even thought we can find some seeds at 14 meters with realy sparse-poor coverage);
- Calibrate the seed/fertilizer desired and try to keep the hoper/disk speed at mid values, so you can adjust it upper or lower while flying if necessary;
-At the beggining of the day, make a short flight to catch what is the offset you are getting from the proper amount desired before dump a whole container under wrong conditions;
- Despite the message at the end of the flight, We figured out for our reality that we can work somewhere between 5 and 10% over that value, to hit the target ammount;

Other than that, I hope that You can make it useful and let us know how you are doing !

2022-6-21
Use props
Jriquelme
lvl.1

Chile

My name is Jaime, I'm from Chile, excuse my English.  I have been applying fertilizer (urea), and the best average I get is 3 hectares per hour (applying 150 kilos per hectare), which makes a total of 450-500 kilos for each hour of work.  According to DJI documentation a T30 can shed 1000 kilos per hour.  My question is if any of you have managed to apply more than 500 kilos per hour, and what are the application parameters? In my case I apply at 4 meters high, 1000 RPM and 10 meters of line spacing
2022-7-12
Use props
OTAVIO.SILVA
lvl.2
Brazil

Jriquelme Posted at 7-12 15:36
My name is Jaime, I'm from Chile, excuse my English.  I have been applying fertilizer (urea), and the best average I get is 3 hectares per hour (applying 150 kilos per hectare), which makes a total of 450-500 kilos for each hour of work.  According to DJI documentation a T30 can shed 1000 kilos per hour.  My question is if any of you have managed to apply more than 500 kilos per hour, and what are the application parameters? In my case I apply at 4 meters high, 1000 RPM and 10 meters of line spacing

Hello my friend!

Do you remember at which speed you are flying? 3ha/hour seems a little low for any setup.

I have been working in between 5~12 ha/hour both for spreading and spraying systems, keeping speeds somewhere between 18 and 24 km/h.

I am not sure how fast you can go to reach this 150kg/ha but, if possible, speed it up until obstacle avoidance stills working (somewhere around 24km/h if I am not wrong)
2022-7-13
Use props
Paulo Augusto
lvl.1

Brazil

OTAVIO.SILVA Posted at 7-13 10:06
Hello my friend!

Do you remember at which speed you are flying? 3ha/hour seems a little low for any setup.

but the question is the number of times it stops to make 1 ha, in which case the drone has to stop 5 times to recharge, that is, each tank has the capacity to make only 2000 m², or 200 linear meters of application, with a range of 10 meters. Let's follow this line, let's suppose you put the speed of 5m/s (18km/h), 200m / 5m/s = 40s needed to throw 30 kg of input (0.75Kg/s). So your main problem is in the maximum flow of the equipment, because if it throws 1000kg in 1h, then it only applies 0.27kg/s, and in 40s it would only apply 11.11 kg. so to throw that amount of product you would never be able to move at high speed. doing the math in reverse, we arrive at the maximum speed he can work, so it would be necessary at the maximum flow that he travel 200 m in 112s. ie 1.78 m/s (6.34 km/h) being just a little higher than the speed of an agricultural tractor, making the operation unfeasible.
2022-8-3
Use props
Phylogeny
New

New Zealand

RLWood6 Posted at 2022-5-11 05:27

Have you had any problems with the scales? I bought a new spreader recently from the DJI authorised agent here in nz Ferntech and the scales will not TARE so I cant get calculations for delivery. Everything else works manually but no way to auto fly.
Thanks
David
2023-7-23
Use props
djiuser_Vd5GOGgVu1Fc
New

Chile

Jriquelme Posted at 2022-7-12 15:36

Hola Jaime, soy Elisa, también de Chile. Al igual que tu no logro aplicar mas de 500 kg por hora, te queria preguntar si has logrado mejorar esa cantidad? Yo generalmente aplico a una altura de 4.5 m, ancho de aplicación de 6 m, velocidad 22 km/hr y el disco a 500 rpm. No me animo a usar el disco a mas rpm porque la primera vez que aplique lo hice sin los protectores a 800 rpm y las hélices sufrieron harto. No sé si ahora que tengo los protectores podré aumentar los rpm sin dañar las hélices nuevamente. Me podrias contar tu experiencia con las rpm por favor?
Por otra parte te quería preguntar si has tenido problemas con las antenas cuando aplicas urea? Me pasa muy seguido que se bloquean y me toma al menos 10 minutos lograr que vuelvan a estar operativas. Tengo que cambiar batería y reiniciar el dron y el control varias veces para que me permita volar.

Espero puedas contarme tu experiencia, muchas gracias!!

Saludos desde Puerto Varas
2023-11-4
Use props
djiuser_552zhN6iBa9b
lvl.1

Colombia

Jriquelme Posted at 2022-7-12 15:36

DJI is a good brand but marketing is the more lying. The conditions in the field are many to consider, so dont try to achieve what they say, it's not posible.
2023-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules