Software does not recognize RC controller
2398 5 2014-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ddenelle
lvl.1
United States

Hi- I bought my Phantom 2 Vision at the end of 2013.  I am trying to calibrate the sticks and the software does not recognize the contoller. I installed the DJI RC systems assistant 1.1 - and pulled apart the remote to plug it into the computer and get nothing.   Tried it on a second laptap too and same problem.  Appreciate any help.  
2014-11-30
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Some additional information may help...

Have you installed the DJI driver (assuming you are running Windows)?

Can you connect to the Phantom or are both failing?
2014-11-30
Use props
ddenelle
lvl.1
United States

I am using Windows but have not installed any other software besides the RC system assistant.  I have never connected to the Phantom and have not downloaded that software.
2014-11-30
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

ddenelle Posted at 2014-12-1 08:14
I am using Windows but have not installed any other software besides the RC system assistant.  I hav ...

Hi, I think a few of us had this problem in our enthusiasm to get flying!  I think you may have missed the windows driver installation instructions on page 45 of the downloadable manual.  You must have these installed while your bird is hooked up to your PC.  and you must do this prior to attempting any calibrations- they just wont work.

When successfully installed, the pc assistant will show two flashing lights bottom left.  All will be well after this and you may calibrate the bird and the RC.  Hope this helps.
Rod  
2014-11-30
Use props
ddenelle
lvl.1
United States

You are exactly right!  Thank you so much....
2014-11-30
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ddenelle Posted at 2014-12-1 08:47
You are exactly right!  Thank you so much....

Glad that worked for you.  While your connected you may also want to check the Phantom for updates and calibration.
2014-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules