Mini 2 battery storage question...
6671 3 2022-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

I just received my refurbed Mini 2 today. I have been watching YouTube videos about this drone and there is one question I cannot find an answer to. My question is about the proper storage of the batteries for my drone. I see videos on the subject and many of them mention an update to the batteries that will allow them to be stored in either the charging hub or drone and that they will still be able to discharge themselves automatically to a preferred storage state. Would someone please clarify this issue for me. Thank You!
2022-5-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there graywoulf. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that the DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight battery's performance will be influenced if it is kept idle for a long time. To maintain the battery's active state, it is recommended that users charge and discharge the battery every three months. Do not completely discharge the battery and then store it for a long time; otherwise, the battery will over-discharge and the battery cells will be damaged, which will make the battery unusable. For reference, I will be posting a link where in you can see the manual of the DJI Mini 2 Disclaimer and Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_12.pdf ). Thank you.
2022-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I store mine in the charging hub,   they will automatically discharge to a storage level after about 10 days,  they do not discharge as much as some of the other drones which has caused some confusion.    For long term storage every 6 weeks or so give them a little charge or they will eventually drain to zero % and thats not good for storage.   
2022-5-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

As DAFlys says in post 3, it is safe to store your batteries in the charging hub.  As a matter of preference I don't keep mine in the charging hub or the drone as I have a hard case with battery storage slots.  Before getting the hard case I kept them stored in the charging hub.  I had no issues with them self-discharging whether in the hub or the hard case.

Best of luck with the Mini 2.  For it's size it truly is a beast.
2022-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules