• >>>
Germany

here comes my new comparison video #shorts clip for you:

filmed with Action 2.
2022-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Matthias. Good day and thank you for posting this cool video that you have filmed using your DJI Action 2. Great work and keep filming. .
2022-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting comparison,  Thanks for sharing. .  
2022-5-5
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-5 01:02
Hello there Matthias. Good day and thank you for posting this cool video that you have filmed using your DJI Action 2. Great work and keep filming.  .

Thank you Stephen for your friendly comment! Have a great Day there
2022-5-5
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 01:14
Interesting comparison,  Thanks for sharing. .

Thank you very much DAFlys! will work on more
2022-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kupoakupoa Posted at 5-5 01:30
Thank you very much DAFlys! will work on more

You're very welcome.
2022-5-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice comparison Matthias.    I'm liking the Action2 footage a bit better.  
2022-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

kupoakupoa Posted at 5-5 01:29
Thank you Stephen for your friendly comment!  Have a great Day there

Hi there Matthias. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day as well. .
2022-5-5
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 13:07
Very nice comparison Matthias.    I'm liking the Action2 footage a bit better.

Thank you very much for your comment my friend!   the Action 2 is very hard to beat!
2022-5-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice comparison!
2022-5-6
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
France

Thank you Peter!
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
That 360 looks very interesting.
2022-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

kupoakupoa Posted at 5-5 21:35
Thank you very much for your comment my friend!   the Action 2 is very hard to beat!

You're most welcome Matthias.  

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.
2022-5-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I don't understand this - it's a comparison between 2.7K and 4K, and between 120fps and 30fps.  So there is no basis for comparison at all.  The camera settings should have been as similar as possible, otherwise theres no point, sorry.  Sorry to be negative...

[Edited to add that now that I have seen this on YouTube itself and read the comments, one of them points out that the lighting conditions (weather) between the two videos were significantly different.  The maker of the video also states in the comments that "the Action 2 is a first class camera but all the stabilisers are only usable with 2.7K resolution".  This of course is completely incorrect.  I can only think that his camera is faulty, or he does not understand the settings.   I would be horrified if anyone was making a buying decision on the basis of this video and the comments.]
2022-5-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-7 06:19
I don't understand this - it's a comparison between 2.7K and 4K, and between 120fps and 30fps.  So there is no basis for comparison at all.  The camera settings should have been as similar as possible, otherwise theres no point, sorry.  Sorry to be negative...

I understand your point! on the other hand its an interesting short comparison anyway.
2022-5-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

See my edit to my original post - you have stated something about the Action 2 in the video comments which is totally incorrect, and indicates that your camera is faulty or you haven't studied the settings.
2022-5-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-7 06:33
See my edit to my original post - you have stated something about the Action 2 in the video comments which is totally incorrect, and indicates that your camera is faulty or you haven't studied the settings.

can you please clear what is incorrect? my YouTube shorts are not scientifically correct they are almost for fun to watch.
2022-5-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You have stated that the Action 2 stabilizers are only usable with 2.7K resolution.  This is totally wrong.  Set the Action 2 to 4K/16:9, 30fps, the same as you set the Insta360 camera.  Stabilisation options are now Off, Steady, Rocksteady, and Horizonbalancing.  I am not clear whether your camera is defective so that these options are not shown, or the firmware is not up to date, or you are not familiar with the settings, or you have explored these settings and you consider the results to be "unusable" which is not the conclusion that I have seen in any other video about the Action 2.

I don't find this fun to watch because people will think from the title that this is a comparison between the two cameras - and may use the comparison to make expensive buying decisions - but as I have pointed out, there is no basis for comparison whatsoever.  I'm not immune to making errors in my own videos, but if they are pointed out, I make necessary corrections or simply take the video down.  
2022-5-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-7 06:49
You have stated that the Action 2 stabilizers are only usable with 2.7K resolution.  This is totally wrong.  Set the Action 2 to 4K/16:9, 30fps, the same as you set the Insta360 camera.  Stabilisation options are now Off, Steady, Rocksteady, and Horizonbalancing.  I am not clear whether your camera is defective so that these options are not shown, or the firmware is not up to date, or you are not familiar with the settings, or you have explored these settings and you consider the results to be "unusable" which is not the conclusion that I have seen in any other video about the Action 2.

I don't find this fun to watch because people will think from the title that this is a comparison between the two cameras - and may use the comparison to make expensive buying decisions - but as I have pointed out, there is no basis for comparison whatsoever.  I'm not immune to making errors in my own videos, but if they are pointed out, I make necessary corrections or simply take the video down.

in my experiences with the Action 2 stabilizer AND horizontal balancing is only available in 2.7k

I dont force you to watch my videos when its no fun for you Peter, sorry.

2022-5-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Ah, now you are saying something different.  Your original statement said that "all the stabilisers are only usable in 2.7K."    You are correct in saying that full horizon locking is only available in 2.7K, but horizon lock up to 45 degrees, which copes with most situations unless you need to significantly rotate the camera, is available at the setting you used in the Insta360 camera.  Again, if you want to call the video a comparison of one camera vs another, you have to ensure that the camera settings are configured as similarly as possible, and ideally shoot with both at the same time.  Or, don't call it a comparison of one vs the other.
2022-5-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-7 07:00
Ah, now you are saying something different.  Your original statement said that "all the stabilisers are only usable in 2.7K."    You are correct in saying that full horizon locking is only available in 2.7K, but horizon lock up to 45 degrees, which copes with most situations unless you need to significantly rotate the camera, is available at the setting you used in the Insta360 camera.  Again, if you want to call the video a comparison of one camera vs another, you have to ensure that the camera settings are configured as similarly as possible, and ideally shoot with both at the same time.  Or, don't call it a comparison of one vs the other.

I check it again and you can't still use stabilizer and horizontal lock in 4K, its only possible in 2.7K
and i delete your last comment in my YouTube channel. it was a little bit too offensive for my taste ok.
as I say before I make my videos for the fun to watch in first place and I am free to call them the way I want Sir!
2022-5-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Well, we continued this discussion on the YouTube channel, and it seemed to come down to usablity of 2.7K with available horizon locking, vs 4K with available horizon locking, chiefly in low light (but also in good light).  This I would be interesting in testing myself for YouTube, hopefully some time in the next 2 weeks, and I'll post the results here.
2022-5-7
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-7 08:02
Well, we continued this discussion on the YouTube channel, and it seemed to come down to usablity of 2.7K with available horizon locking, vs 4K with available horizon locking, chiefly in low light (but also in good light).  This I would be interesting in testing myself for YouTube, hopefully some time in the next 2 weeks, and I'll post the results here.

Looking forward to see your results here Peter!
2022-5-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

2022-5-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The above little test video was made in late afternoon and I don't see any problem in that light with 4K HorizonBalancing.  When get a chance I will do another test indoors in lower light which will challlenge the EIS rather more.
2022-5-10
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-10 02:18
The above little test video was made in late afternoon and I don't see any problem in that light with 4K HorizonBalancing.  When get a chance I will do another test indoors in lower light which will challlenge the EIS rather more.

try to test it indoor with some artificial light sources Peter. you will really soon see the problems.
2022-5-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I do expect to see problems - what I will be interested to see will be whether the problems are worse at 4K - and if so, whether manual settings could be tweaked to improve matters.  Sadly it may be next week before I can go to a suitable location.  An interesting debate!
2022-5-10
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-10 02:39
I do expect to see problems - what I will be interested to see will be whether the problems are worse at 4K - and if so, whether manual settings could be tweaked to improve matters.  Sadly it may be next week before I can go to a suitable location.  An interesting debate!

in my opinion is the stabilizing function from DJI and GoPro useless in that lowlight situations. unfortenelly! I will be from next week in Cebu Philippines and want to test the function with my Insta 360 One RS. have great hopes for that.
2022-5-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Here is my next test video, which shows 2.7K vs 4K horizon levelling in low light.  On auto settings there are the expected artifacts because the shutter speed goes way too low.  But on manual settings, with the shutter speed at 1/320, the artifacts more or less disappear, but of course there's noise and loss of resolution due to the very high ISO required to compensate for the fast shutter.  Next test will be to see whether a lower shutter speed can be used to achieve a balance between artifacts and noise.

On the original subject of 4K vs 2.7K, personally I'm not seeing much difference between the two in terms of quality of stabilisation and horizon levelling in low light.  But maybe I'm just not seeing it...

2022-5-20
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Latvia

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-20 02:28
Here is my next test video, which shows 2.7K vs 4K horizon levelling in low light.  On auto settings there are the expected artifacts because the shutter speed goes way too low.  But on manual settings, with the shutter speed at 1/320, the artifacts more or less disappear, but of course there's noise and loss of resolution due to the very high ISO required to compensate for the fast shutter.  Next test will be to see whether a lower shutter speed can be used to achieve a balance between artifacts and noise.

On the original subject of 4K vs 2.7K, personally I'm not seeing much difference between the two in terms of quality of stabilisation and horizon levelling in low light.  But maybe I'm just not seeing it...

It still hurts my eyes how much the light sources jumping up and down when stabilizer is working with auto exposure. shutter 1:320 seems to be better.
Good work on this test again Peter!
2022-5-20
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

kupoakupoa Posted at 5-20 03:58
It still hurts my eyes how much the light sources jumping up and down when stabilizer is working with auto exposure. shutter 1:320 seems to be better.
Good work on this test again Peter!

Well, for various reasons, shooting short clips in the local shopping mall is all I get the chance to do at the moment, so it gives me some purpose in that generally useless activity!
2022-5-20
Use props
kupoakupoa
First Officer
  • >>>
Philippines

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-20 13:50
Well, for various reasons, shooting short clips in the local shopping mall is all I get the chance to do at the moment, so it gives me some purpose in that generally useless activity!

here comes my new, more fair, comparison shorts clip:

https://youtube.com/shorts/r-UCvTCD9f
2022-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules