Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Guys,

My 2nd trip out to the Big Island of Hawaii.  For those who may not know (or are curious).  Unfortunately, the Big Island does NOT allow drones in their State Parks.  I brifely mention it in my video around 1:47 timeframe.  

Love visiting this island but worth noting that a large portion of the island is State Park lands (approx. 14 State Parks).  And, most of them contain many of the sites we'd typically want to shoot with our drones.  Most of the states have similar laws in the USA.  Plenty of other places to fly but State Parks are def. off limits.

Thought the info. may be useful to anyone thinking about visiting.  I was there in 2019 and again in April 2022 of this year.

Ron

2022-5-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done Ron.    I've done quite a bit of scuba diving in and around most of the Hawaii islands.  Just a great vacation spot.
2022-5-5
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 12:54
Very nicely done Ron.    I've done quite a bit of scuba diving in and around most of the Hawaii islands.  Just a great vacation spot.

Yeah, I haven't done any scuba diving (to date).  Did a lot of snorkeling this time around though.  Good times!  Though must admit...knowing sharks are around does make me nervous.  
2022-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ron. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and this video that you have filmed. Nicely done and thank you for your support.
2022-5-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That looks nice!
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 5-5 14:28
Yeah, I haven't done any scuba diving (to date).  Did a lot of snorkeling this time around though.  Good times!  Though must admit...knowing sharks are around does make me nervous.

You just have to respect the sharks.  I've see lots during many dives and mostly they are just curious and after a few circles they go on there way.  The ones that come up close and nudge you with there nose are a bit more aggressive.  I always go prepared in case I have to defend myself.  
2022-5-6
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-6 11:44
You just have to respect the sharks.  I've see lots during many dives and mostly they are just curious and after a few circles they go on there way.  The ones that come up close and nudge you with there nose are a bit more aggressive.  I always go prepared in case I have to defend myself.

For what it's worth.  If I even see a shark...I'm outta there!  
2022-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 5-6 15:28
For what it's worth.  If I even see a shark...I'm outta there!

Initially, I was that way.  Over the course of many dives I've figured out that they are not all like you see in the Jaws movies.  I do respect them and given them there space but as I said previously they are more curious than aggressive...for the most part.
2022-5-7
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent video Ron.

Yeah here in the Tri-State area same deal no drones in the State parks. No problem I always steer clear from them anyway. Plenty of other great places to fly. I've traveled to various countries and States but not HI. Well at least not yet. I've heard Maui is one to visit. Any other places you'd recommend?
2022-5-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SD_Pilot Posted at 5-7 19:03
Excellent video Ron.

Yeah here in the Tri-State area same deal no drones in the State parks. No problem I always steer clear from them anyway. Plenty of other great places to fly. I've traveled to various countries and States but not HI. Well at least not yet. I've heard Maui is one to visit. Any other places you'd recommend?

Yes, defiantly check out Oregon!    Very friendly drone laws in Oregon.  I did a few videos on it.  This is one of them.  Just great scenery everyone along the coastline.   

No specific rules about flying drones in State Parks in Oregon:  
   Link:  https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=v.page&id=97
2022-5-8
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

I always wanted to live in Oahu! I have been there many times for visits and work there. Now I have a Mavic Air meaning          can’t fly anywhere in Oahu?? That’s too bad.
2022-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules