Viewing screen in sunlight
1015 6 2022-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joysonshill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am new to flying a drone (have a Mavic Mini) and my biggest struggle is viewing the screen of my phone in the sunshine. Do not have enough to spend on a Crystal Sky so any other suggestions please?

2022-5-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are many sun shades available for the RC Controller (Amazon, eBay,etc.).  I use one on a Mini 2 but have an RC Pro Controller for the Air 2S.  You can also try to find shade under a carport, tree, etc to help block out some of the sun.  
2022-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there joysonshill. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can share what Remote Controller Monitor Hood they are using on there DJI Mavic Mini's remote controller. In addition, you may also want to check the DJI Mavic Remote Controller Monitor Hood found on our DJI Where To Buy platform on this link ( https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy ) to see if it is available. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-5-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

sun shade or up screen brightness to max. I never found a need for sunshade really and it gets damn sunny here.
2022-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sunshade,   look on ebay there are loads of cheap ones available.  
2022-5-6
Use props
Chaosrider
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1226762 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 01:19
Sunshade,   look on ebay there are loads of cheap ones available.

I've never seen a decent sunshade for the Mini-1 or Mini-SE (I have both) because of the location of the phone/screen below the control sticks. There are good sunshades available for the *Mini-2*, but not for the -1 or -SE.

On max bright, my Samsung Galaxy S20 Note is completely unusable in direct sunlight.

I finally got one of these "umbrella hats". It looks silly, but it works great!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FD8X2RN?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&th=1

:-)

TCS
2022-5-8
Use props
joysonshill
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Chaosrider Posted at 5-8 10:50
I've never seen a decent sunshade for the Mini-1 or Mini-SE (I have both) because of the location of the phone/screen below the control sticks. There are good sunshades available for the *Mini-2*, but not for the -1 or -SE.

On max bright, my Samsung Galaxy S20 Note is completely unusable in direct sunlight.

Thank you for all your help. I have opted to try a cheap sunshade to start with.
2022-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules