12Next >
2636 47 2022-5-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Here are some more Camaros from the 1st of May parade in Sastamala:
Punainen Camaro 1.jpg Punainen Camaro 2.jpg Punainen Camaro 3.jpg A red one...
Uudempi Camaro SS 1.jpg Uudempi Camaro SS 2.jpg ... a newer grey SS...
Camarot vierekkäin.jpg ...and the two together :-)

Plenty of more left to post, but for a change, there will be other cars and vehicles besides Camaros. Stay tuned for more! ;-)
2022-5-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great captures!   Nice to see some American muscle cars all the way over in Finland.  
2022-5-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HGDC84. Good day and thank you for posting these impressive photos that you have shot. Great capture and have a nice day. .
2022-5-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice captures!
2022-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We have some american cars here too,  but they are not so nice

2022-5-6
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-5 12:12
Great captures!   Nice to see some American muscle cars all the way over in Finland.

Thanks, the cars are indeed great and American muscle cars certainly have their fans here in Finland too :-)
2022-5-6
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-5 20:08
Hello there HGDC84. Good day and thank you for posting these impressive photos that you have shot. Great capture and have a nice day.  .

Thanks for the acknowledgement, you have a nice weekend! :-)
2022-5-6
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Thanks, it was a great event for getting a lot of material. At the end of the day, I had done over 300 takes on the event :-)
2022-5-6
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 01:06
We have some american cars here too,  but they are not so nice

[view_image]

I think that's a nice car too, the style just is a bit different but certainly not worse. Some of those kinds of cars were also seen on this parade. I'll probably post more in the nearby future to show more diversity among the cars seen there :-)
2022-5-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 5-6 03:51
Thanks, it was a great event for getting a lot of material. At the end of the day, I had done over 300 takes on the event :-)

You're welcome!
2022-5-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-6 03:50
Thanks, the cars are indeed great and American muscle cars certainly have their fans here in Finland too :-)

I wish I still owned a couple of the ones I had over the years.  However, traveling all the time in the Navy didn't make it easy to start a muscle car collection.  That moving every 2-3 years just wouldn't allow me to do that.  Anyway, I still love seeing them.
2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 5-6 03:52
I think that's a nice car too, the style just is a bit different but certainly not worse. Some of those kinds of cars were also seen on this parade. I'll probably post more in the nearby future to show more diversity among the cars seen there :-)

The guy that owns it, is compaining rats have got under it and chewed the cables.  
2022-5-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HGDC84 Posted at 5-6 03:50
Thanks for the acknowledgement, you have a nice weekend! :-)

Hi there HGDC84, You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again, thank you for your support and have a great weekend as well. .
2022-5-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-6 12:45
I wish I still owned a couple of the ones I had over the years.  However, traveling all the time in the Navy didn't make it easy to start a muscle car collection.  That moving every 2-3 years just wouldn't allow me to do that.  Anyway, I still love seeing them.

Sounds cool. Wish I could afford collecting cool cars, too. What kind of cars did you own?
2022-5-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 00:23
The guy that owns it, is compaining rats have got under it and chewed the cables.

Sounds troublesome. Sometimes these do occur though, I remember hearing somewhere that certain Mazda models had short circuit problems, because a certain species of spiders liked to nest in them and caused problems for the owners
2022-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 5-7 13:15
Sounds troublesome. Sometimes these do occur though, I remember hearing somewhere that certain Mazda models had short circuit problems, because a certain species of spiders liked to nest in them and caused problems for the owners

Lovely,   I took delivery of a new Ranger some years ago which was made in South Africa,  on delivery there was a huge beetle on the back seat.   Luckily it appeared to be dead.
2022-5-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-7 13:09
Sounds cool. Wish I could afford collecting cool cars, too. What kind of cars did you own?

Only two.  I have a 1955 Corvette and a 1970 Oldsmobile 442.
2022-5-8
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 00:13
Lovely,   I took delivery of a new Ranger some years ago which was made in South Africa,  on delivery there was a huge beetle on the back seat.   Luckily it appeared to be dead.

Not very nice to have that kind of extra passengers with the new delivery
2022-5-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-8 05:04
Only two.  I have a 1955 Corvette and a 1970 Oldsmobile 442.

Not bad at all, would be cool to own either one of those. :-) Those certainly look the part!
2022-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 5-9 14:17
Not very nice to have that kind of extra passengers with the new delivery

No,   I wasnt impressed the PDI didnt notice it.
2022-5-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-9 14:19
Not bad at all, would be cool to own either one of those. :-) Those certainly look the part!

They are both a blast from the past.  The Olds 442 has quite a bit more muscle than the 55 Vette.  I have had sizeable offers for both but prefer to keep and enjoy them.  They do get driven, just not everyday.
2022-5-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-10 03:09
They are both a blast from the past.  The Olds 442 has quite a bit more muscle than the 55 Vette.  I have had sizeable offers for both but prefer to keep and enjoy them.  They do get driven, just not everyday.

So you still own them? Neat! I am sure they have a great home at your care :-)
2022-5-11
Use props
TWStories
lvl.3

Canada

Classic cars = best cars!

I wonder how expensive it is to import them or purchase over there.

_________
Toronto Wedding Stories
Wedding Cinematography
www.torontoweddingstories.ca
_________
2022-5-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

TWStories Posted at 5-11 07:34
Classic cars = best cars!

I wonder how expensive it is to import them or purchase over there.

It depends on whether you buy inside the country or if you import foreign ones. As far as I know, import cars have quite heavy taxing as their burden here in Finland.

Also depends much on the condition of the car and if it's street legal, the taxes have been paid etc. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the subject, but my guess is some cam be surprisingly cheap while other fetch a big penny.
2022-5-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-11 04:54
So you still own them? Neat! I am sure they have a great home at your care :-)

I have a large live aboard boat so I keep them in a climatized storage facility that allows me easy access when I desire to take them out for a spin.  Because of their value I had to make sure the storage facility had controlled access with security camera coverage else my insurance would not cover them.  My kids are not interested in keeping them so some day I'll sell the cars and use the money to send the grandkids to college on.
2022-5-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-11 14:04
I have a large live aboard boat so I keep them in a climatized storage facility that allows me easy access when I desire to take them out for a spin.  Because of their value I had to make sure the storage facility had controlled access with security camera coverage else my insurance would not cover them.  My kids are not interested in keeping them so some day I'll sell the cars and use the money to send the grandkids to college on.

That proves you are a true enthusiast and know your stuff. Also, that thought with the kids and funding their studies is very noble.
2022-5-12
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Great captures!   Nice to see some American muscle cars all the way over in Finland.  
2022-5-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-12 13:08
That proves you are a true enthusiast and know your stuff. Also, that thought with the kids and funding their studies is very noble.

Yeah, I figure I can't take them with me when I die so why not put them (or the money for them) to good use.  In the meantime I'm just going to keep on enjoying driving them.  I sure get a lot of looks and thumbs up when I'm out and about in them.  
2022-5-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's quite a turn-out.
2022-5-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 03:07
Yeah, I figure I can't take them with me when I die so why not put them (or the money for them) to good use.  In the meantime I'm just going to keep on enjoying driving them.  I sure get a lot of looks and thumbs up when I'm out and about in them.

I can believe that. May they bring a lot of joy to you for the days to come. :-)
2022-5-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Blériot53 Posted at 5-13 10:21
That's quite a turn-out.

Yeah, I remember reading from our local media newslets that the parade participants hit a record for quite a while. Probably because the people have become bored in staying out of public places. It is somewhat a dual-bladed sword: there are risks due to COVID, but on the other hand, staying too much inside four walls could also cause a huge toll on mental health.
2022-5-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 5-14 13:23
Yeah, I remember reading from our local media newslets that the parade participants hit a record for quite a while. Probably because the people have become bored in staying out of public places. It is somewhat a dual-bladed sword: there are risks due to COVID, but on the other hand, staying too much inside four walls could also cause a huge toll on mental health.

Yes, being stuck indoors for a long time causes us to experience what we call "Cabin Fever" - the need to get outdoors.
2022-5-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-14 13:20
I can believe that. May they bring a lot of joy to you for the days to come. :-)

They do and I'm sure they will.  

Hope you are having a great weekend.  
2022-5-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-15 04:41
They do and I'm sure they will.  

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Thanks, you too! (Although it has almost already come to an end!)
2022-5-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-15 09:56
Thanks, you too! (Although it has almost already come to an end!)

You're welcome.  

Stayed up late to check out the full moon last night/early this AM.  It was quite impressive.
2022-5-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-16 03:16
You're welcome.  

Stayed up late to check out the full moon last night/early this AM.  It was quite impressive.

Yes, there were some reports in Finland too about it in the news. Unfortunately, I missed it myself.
2022-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 5-16 12:27
Yes, there were some reports in Finland too about it in the news. Unfortunately, I missed it myself.

Here in North America it meant staying up to get the best views between midnight and 3 AM.  Lack of sleep made for a long day yesterday though.
2022-5-17
Use props
Teufeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1166483 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Awesome
2022-7-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain