Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robertionescu_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555482 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Hi all,

I just received my RS2 today. Everything is setup. When I plug in the HDMI cable into the R6, the screen gets dark and shows everything on my phone. What do I need to do, to keep both alive (Camera Screen and Phone)?
Cables:
Camera connected to Gimbal (USB-C to USB-C)
Raven-Eye connected to Camera (HDMI-D to HDMI-C)
Raven-Eye connected to Gimbal (USB-C to USB-C)

The idea was to be able to see the recorded image from both screens, like when I record a very low shot, I can see on one screen, and when I pull the gear up to a higher position I can still see the image fine on the other screen.
Hope you guys can support me....
2022-5-6
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2022-5-6
Use props
robertionescu_
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

It is on the list, but did not solve the problem, because it seems to be a Canon issue as it requires an external recorder
2022-5-6
Use props
fans7d514d71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72359 ft
United States

Did you ever find a solution to this?
2023-1-11
Use props
robertionescu_
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

fans7d514d71 Posted at 1-11 13:15
Did you ever find a solution to this?

No. Sadly it is not possible to keep the display of the Canon active while using RavenEye with the phone.
Also it seems that there will be no FW update from Canon to enable this.

I read something about using an external monitor with recorder which could be capable for this. But, attaching a third monitor to this setup is a no go for me.
2023-1-11
Use props
tomoh
New
Flight distance : 177201 ft
  • >>>
Japan

I have also experienced this issue in R7 + RavenEye(RS2)  and R5 + RavenEye(RS2) .
It is Canon's problem, not DJI's.

EOS R series seems to be designed camera screen blackout when connected to HDMI devices by default.
Camera's menu enables the option not to be blackout,  but when it is selected, internal recording is forced to be disable.
So  this option is useless too.

I hope canon fix this soon...

2023-1-15
Use props
robertionescu_
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

tomoh Posted at 1-15 23:08
I have also experienced this issue in R7 + RavenEye(RS2)  and R5 + RavenEye(RS2) .
It is Canon's problem, not DJI's.

I am hoping too, but it does not seem to look like Canon wants to do this step as it forces you to go with their Cinema Line I guess if you really want this feature.
But, I am also still hoping for the best
2023-1-16
Use props
kadiddle
lvl.1

United States

robertionescu_ Posted at 1-16 00:35
I am hoping too, but it does not seem to look like Canon wants to do this step as it forces you to go with their Cinema Line I guess if you really want this feature.
But, I am also still hoping for the best

I hope you guys can clarify this for me, I have the Canon R6 MkII and I'm considering buying a ronin 3 series gimbal. I could live with seeing the display only on the phone screen when using Raveneye, but the comment about not recording confused me. I want to record 4k video using Raveneye with it recorded internally on the camera. Am I good to go on this? It's ok with me if the camera's screen doesn't display when using Raveneye. Does tracking otherwise work ok?
thanks for your help
2023-1-27
Use props
robertionescu_
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

kadiddle Posted at 1-27 08:23
I hope you guys can clarify this for me, I have the Canon R6 MkII and I'm considering buying a ronin 3 series gimbal. I could live with seeing the display only on the phone screen when using Raveneye, but the comment about not recording confused me. I want to record 4k video using Raveneye with it recorded internally on the camera. Am I good to go on this? It's ok with me if the camera's screen doesn't display when using Raveneye. Does tracking otherwise work ok?
thanks for your help

You could try to attach a PC Monitor via hdmi to your camera and see if you are able to record to the SD card. If not you are in the same situation as I am with my Mark1.
I doubt that Canon made this possible on the Mark2, but give it a try...
2023-1-27
Use props
kadiddle
lvl.1

United States

robertionescu_ Posted at 1-27 08:38
You could try to attach a PC Monitor via hdmi to your camera and see if you are able to record to the SD card. If not you are in the same situation as I am with my Mark1.
I doubt that Canon made this possible on the Mark2, but give it a try...

Thanks for making the quick reply. I won't be able to have a pc handy when making videos. I plan to put the gimbal on a tripod and control it with my phone, not a pc. This is why I'm not concerned about having the video image show up on the cameras screen. I was referring to the comment by tomoh about internal recording being disabled when a certain option is selected. I want to use the Tracking feature of Raveneye, controlled remotely by my phone, recorded on the cameras internal SD card. Will it record to the Camera in this case?
2023-1-27
Use props
robertionescu_
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

kadiddle Posted at 1-27 11:58
Thanks for making the quick reply. I won't be able to have a pc handy when making videos. I plan to put the gimbal on a tripod and control it with my phone, not a pc. This is why I'm not concerned about having the video image show up on the cameras screen. I was referring to the comment by tomoh about internal recording being disabled when a certain option is selected. I want to use the Tracking feature of Raveneye, controlled remotely by my phone, recorded on the cameras internal SD card. Will it record to the Camera in this case?

I think you misunderstood!

If you already have the R6ii, you can try to connect it to your PC Monitor via HDMI and display what the camera sees on the Monitor. Then hit record and see if you can record to your SD Card or not.
2023-1-27
Use props
kadiddle
lvl.1

United States

robertionescu_ Posted at 1-27 12:46
I think you misunderstood!

If you already have the R6ii, you can try to connect it to your PC Monitor via HDMI and display what the camera sees on the Monitor. Then hit record and see if you can record to your SD Card or not.

I did indeed misunderstand. I'll attempt what you suggested but I would be curious to know if you can record on your R6 when connected to the Raveneye.
2023-1-27
Use props
robertionescu_
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

kadiddle Posted at 1-27 13:19
I did indeed misunderstand. I'll attempt what you suggested but I would be curious to know if you can record on your R6 when connected to the Raveneye.

No it is not working on my R6.
That was the original topic in this thread.
I can only record on the phone then
2023-1-27
Use props
kadiddle
lvl.1

United States

robertionescu_ Posted at 1-27 13:35
No it is not working on my R6.
That was the original topic in this thread.
I can only record on the phone then

I received a micro hdmi to hdmi cable today.  After changing the settings in the camera to allow both "on camera screen" and HDMI display I connected the R6II to a monitor. There are instructions for doing this on the R6 MkI on this Canon Youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0apk4cMqKQ&t=201s
Note that he says internal recording on the R6 is disabled but both internal and external are enabled on the R5. With this setting I was able to see the image on both the camera and the PC monitor, but the camera warned that internal recording was disabled. I found that I could also connect my android phone to the camera using the Canon Camera Connect app and see the screen and control the camera but not make it record internally. Then I tried changing the camera setting to HDMI ouputut only. Now I could only see the image on the PC monitor and on my phone but now I could indeed record internally! Woo hoo! So, in my case it looks like I would just need to use my phone as a monitor when using the Raveneye. Does this make sense?

2023-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules