799 6 2022-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Azizg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459324 ft
Thailand

Hi

I'm using an iPhone Xs Max in Thailand where it's regularly over 30c degrees.  It over heats constantly and dims the screen so much it can't be used.  I have a great drone, that's completly usless as you can't see the screen unless I fly early or late in the day.  and even then only for a short time.  

Can people who live in hot countries give any advice on the devices they use for the Fly app, that NEVER have over heating issues.

Thanks in advance.

2022-5-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you turned on charging,  this tends to cause the over heating.  
2022-5-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Azizg. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try clearing all other application that is not necessary to use when using the DJI Fly application and kindly please try to check the environment as well this can add heat to the said mobile device especially when the sun reflects on your device, this may affect the performance of your mobile device as well. In addition you may also try using a DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Monitor Hood. This remote control hood protects the smartphone screen in strong lighting conditions, reduces glare, and provides a clear image. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... roller-monitor-hood
2022-5-6
Use props
Azizg
lvl.2
Thailand

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-6 19:47
Hello there Azizg. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try clearing all other application that is not necessary to use when using the DJI Fly application and kindly please try to check the environment as well this can add heat to the said mobile device especially when the sun reflects on your device, this may affect the performance of your mobile device as well. In addition you may also try using a DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Monitor Hood. This remote control hood protects the smartphone screen in strong lighting conditions, reduces glare, and provides a clear image. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air-2-remote-controller-monitor-hood

Hi Stephen. Thanks for getting back.  I already have a screen shade, but it makes little difference when the screen dims so dark you have to fly line of site to get it landed ASAP.  

Are there not tested devices that DJI can say WONT have this problem?  Are we just expected to spend large sums of money on screens and find out for our selves later if they work or not?  I know there is a list of approved devices, and my phone is on it.  Should I upgrade to the latest iPhone? Get an iPod? Change to Samsung or some other brand?  I'd really appreciate some advice.
2022-5-7
Use props
Azizg
lvl.2
Thailand

DAFlys Posted at 5-6 10:08
Have you turned on charging,  this tends to cause the over heating.

Hi DAFlys.  Thanks for responding.  I'd read that this can make it worse so don't turn the charging on.  I also put the phone in low power mode when I fly as this turns off a lot of the background stuff that goes on.

Thanks again
2022-5-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Azizg Posted at 5-7 07:47
Hi DAFlys.  Thanks for responding.  I'd read that this can make it worse so don't turn the charging on.  I also put the phone in low power mode when I fly as this turns off a lot of the background stuff that goes on.

Thanks again

Have you checked the setting,  the fly is known to loose choices after updates.
2022-5-7
Use props
Azizg
lvl.2
Thailand

DAFlys Posted at 5-7 23:46
Have you checked the setting,  the fly is known to loose choices after updates.

Thanks for the tip.  I didn't know it turns on automatically.   I'll double check next time I fly.
2022-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules