Two batteries out of three give a red light on the charge station.
501 8 2022-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kingdark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18389 ft
Belgium

Hey all,
So after months of not flying, I finally took my mavic air out again. I pluggedin the charger, inserted the batteries and let it do its thing. When I went flying in my backyard, I noticed that only one battery was charged at all. The others literally don't respond and are presumably at zero percent charge. When I plug in any of these two batteries, the charger lits up red and the battery lights don't do anything.

The mavic air is an older product and I've read that presumably, it's getting harder to get new batteries for my mavic air. In any case, I don't really have all that much hours with it, maybe hundred hours at most? Even that is probbaly way too much, though I might be underestimating it. (Is there a way to check?) Like I said, it's been months since I last took it out.

In any case, when I flew with it the last time, it worked no problem and all three batteries charged as they should. I stored the battery in a dry places (in my office) so I honestly don't know why this is the result. I've set my battery alert at fifty, so that I had a few minutes to get it back on the ground before my battry hit thirty percent.

Do you have any advice how I can get my batteries to start charging again? One battery is hardly worth it. Heck, even with three batteries, it felt like it was over in a snap.

Thanks!
2022-5-6
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

I've read something about how batteries can swell? I don't think my batteries are like that. Outwardly, I don't see anything wrong with them.
2022-5-6
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

Here's a pic of what the charger shows. The battery does not lit up and the charger itself has a red light.
2022-5-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to leave the said battery on the charger for approximately 2-3 hours or more to see if there's any changes? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-5-6
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi,
I let both batteries charge an entire night with no result. The thing is, the light is still red but every now and then it goes green. Should I leave it charging? I tried turning the battery 'on' but it didn't respond at all. What exactly is wrong with them and why aren't they charging?
2022-5-7
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

The red light is now ocasionally changing in a green light, but the batteries still aren't responding. I'm really, really, REALLY hoping that I can get them going again. I'm NOT going to spend over a hundred euro's for a single battery, especially since I would need at least two more.
2022-5-7
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

another update, I switched the batteries to the other side of the hub. At that point, the red and green light were switching pretty quickly. I have no idea what that means though. Tell me, how likely is it that I'm going to get them working again? And as I've asked before, how is it that they got in this situation in the first place? Batteries shouldn't break, even if they get to zero percent, right? My phone has gone to zero percent more than a few times and it can charge itself from zero just fine, so how is this battery any different?
2022-5-7
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

Could someone please answer some of my questions here?
2022-5-10
Use props
Kingdark
lvl.2
Belgium

So, I guess, as a customer I'm no longer worth even a reply, even though I nearly spent a thousand euro's on your drone. Last time I'll ever buy something from dji again.
2022-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules