Mavic 3 batteries on hub taking long to charge
5441 10 2022-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaysen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I just purchased the mavic 3 fly more combo yesterday, placed the batteries in the charging hub, and they're still charging 24 hours later. the hub isn't hot, it's not in an outlet that has a dimmer, but a battery is still flashing green charging... could this be a faulty charging hub?
2022-5-6
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-5-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Just as Hans Gruber says, you are using the wrong cable from the charger, make sure you are using the one with the colour orange on the inside of the usb c cable to the charging dock.
2022-5-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jaysen. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As posted above kindly please check the cable that you are using please and in addition the DJI Mavic 3 Battery Charging Hub ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mavic-3-battery-charging-hub ) is compatible with DJI 65W Portable Charger ; an input of 5 - 20 V, max 5 A and has a charging time of approx. 1 hour and 36 minutes ( for each battery ), Thank you.
2022-5-6
Use props
Hans Gruber
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-5-6
Use props
Jaysen
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

thank you kindly, all batteries have charged
2022-5-7
Use props
fanseb6aaaed
New
United States

Hi Hans Gruber,

I know this thread is old, but I’m having the same problem with the batteries taking WAY longer to charge than 1 hr 36 mins like the bot said they would. I’m using the 65watt charger with the 100watt 3 battery charging hub. There are 2 cables from the charger, the usb-c detachable cable and the usb-c fixed cable. I’m using the detachable cable as it’s the thicker cable and I assumed would be the appropriate cable, but it’s taking nearly 12 hours to charge 2 batteries??? What am I missing??? Thx for any input in advance.
2023-8-25
Use props
ZmoothOperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 187516 ft
Norway

fanseb6aaaed Posted at 8-25 13:24
Hi Hans Gruber,

I know this thread is old, but I’m having the same problem with the batteries taking WAY longer to charge than 1 hr 36 mins like the bot said they would. I’m using the 65watt charger with the 100watt 3 battery charging hub. There are 2 cables from the charger, the usb-c detachable cable and the usb-c fixed cable. I’m using the detachable cable as it’s the thicker cable and I assumed would be the appropriate cable, but it’s taking nearly 12 hours to charge 2 batteries??? What am I missing??? Thx for any input in advance.

And what do you think will happen if you try the fixed cable?
2023-8-25
Use props
djiuser_dIoP0fGX8h2y
New

United States

Hans Gruber Posted at 2022-5-6 12:04
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****

I also had problems charging Mavic 3 Classic batteries. I contacted Mavic twice. Once to return my backup battery because it seemed defective. And after receiving the replacement and still too over 3 hours to get to %65, I contacted them back and they told me to send the charging hub in for a replacement. At no time did anyone ask which cable I was using. In fact, on the second attempt I even asked for confirmation that I should be using the large usb cable. I got no reply on that question. After reading this thread I feel like an idiot. Since there were no written instructions on charging I assumed the larger cable would be better.
2023-10-26
Use props
Kullerbyt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 367723 ft
Sweden

This thread helped me, i went for the biggest cable also
2023-12-4
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

The most important part on this is the USB-C cable.
All USB-C cables are NOT the same. even when they look the same connector.

The best USB-C connector you can buy is the USB-C GEN4 that is 240Watts capable and 40 Gibibits data transfer. however is not necessary to max the 65W rated mavic 3 battery charging.
With a USB C PD 3.0 or 3.1 PD100 PD 140 will be sufficient to max 65W from the Mavic 3 charger.

an example of an excellent cable is this one in a good price.
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Sup ... ging/dp/B09YM3V7NX?

The true is the battery can be charge at 83W depending the charger and the cable. The more efficient is the charger and the cable the better.
2023-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules