Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LaposIMAGEN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 764482 ft

Canada

Hello ,
First post .
When I fly my DJI MINI 2 , in the DJI FLY APP it no longer shows the "RETURN TO HOME" option.  the button in the app you could hold to initiate "return to home"
IT ONLY SHOWS THE OPTION TO LAND .

Any idea's ?
It use to show every other time I have flown it .
SIDE NOTE** also the app at times shows an error that requires me to reboot the app**

2022-5-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have ya tried the land button to make sure its not in there as a sub menu? Its been a few weeks since i flew and I'm not on the latest version to know if anything has changed, the other thing is the home point, is that being recorded?
2022-5-7
Use props
LaposIMAGEN
lvl.1

Canada

Bashy Posted at 5-7 18:38
Have ya tried the land button to make sure its not in there as a sub menu? Its been a few weeks since i flew and I'm not on the latest version to know if anything has changed, the other thing is the home point, is that being recorded?

No  i have not tried that but shall do so next flight . Home point is being recorded as I have flown it,  lost connection and it performed the RTH on its own and gave me the option to cancel that once the remote reconnected. Shall check and advise if that is the case
2022-5-7
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LaposIMAGEN Posted at 5-7 18:41
No  i have not tried that but shall do so next flight . Home point is being recorded as I have flown it,  lost connection and it performed the RTH on its own and gave me the option to cancel that once the remote reconnected. Shall check and advise if that is the case

Please wait for the home point to be recorded before you take off!
2022-5-7
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

With the standard controller, I never saw the need for a RTH button on screen you have a much more reliable manual RTH button that will function even if your phone is not responding.
2022-5-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific error message did you experience on the app? Can you please provide us with a screenshot? In addition, what mobile device are you using with your DJI Fly app? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you testing this within 20 meters of the home point?    You cant RTH at that distance.
2022-5-8
Use props
LaposIMAGEN
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-8 00:10
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific error message did you experience on the app? Can you please provide us with a screenshot? In addition, what mobile device are you using with your DJI Fly app? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I am using an Iphone 12 pro
The error message once it appears i shall try to capture it , or  record what it is .

***I do get prompted to bind the controller , but its already bound to another account not sure i can contact the previous owner. but that is a care refresh issue***

BUT PRIOR TO THAT I DID NOT HAVE ANY OF THESE ISSUES AND WAS NOT PROMPTED TO BIND IT.
RTH ON THE REMOTE DOES WORK AND FUNCTION.
I HAVE LET IT SET ITS HOME POINT before flying .
its within  the app , which i have uninstalled and reinstalled after rebooting my phone.   
2022-5-9
Use props
LaposIMAGEN
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-8 00:10
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific error message did you experience on the app? Can you please provide us with a screenshot? In addition, what mobile device are you using with your DJI Fly app? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Here is a picture. When I turn it on . Dji fly, then remote, then Drone. I get a message to bind the remote.
I am able to fly . I can  use the RTH on the remote. Just would like to know why it does not appear in the app? It use to appear above the "Land" button "H".Iphone 12pro

2022-5-12
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will it even show up when the drone is only 4m from the home point?
2022-5-12
Use props
LaposIMAGEN
lvl.1

Canada

Bashy Posted at 5-12 22:55
Will it even show up when the drone is only 4m from the home point?

It does not show up at all . 4m or 2000m .
2022-5-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LaposIMAGEN Posted at 5-13 03:52
It does not show up at all . 4m or 2000m .

Thats the image we need to see, what the drone is more than 20m away i think it is, but do  100m to be sure and grab a screen shot then, please?
2022-5-13
Use props
LaposIMAGEN
lvl.1

Canada

Bashy Posted at 5-13 06:43
Thats the image we need to see, what the drone is more than 20m away i think it is, but do  100m to be sure and grab a screen shot then, please?

ISSUE RESOLVED- THEY HAVE HID IT UNDER THE LAND BUTTON . IF I PRESS THAT , THEN I HAVE THE OPTION TO RETURN HOME OR LAND, THANKS ALL
2022-5-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LaposIMAGEN Posted at 5-13 10:11
ISSUE RESOLVED- THEY HAVE HID IT UNDER THE LAND BUTTON . IF I PRESS THAT , THEN I HAVE THE OPTION TO RETURN HOME OR LAND, THANKS ALL

I did say that in post #2, you could have saved yourself some time there had you taken notice  ;)
2022-5-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

LaposIMAGEN Posted at 5-13 10:11

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2022-5-16
Use props
Lauralynneh
New

United States

I have same problem, where is the RTH, under Land? It used to show both on my app, now it’s gone? Thanks
2022-8-5
Use props
blue_canyon21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23302795 ft
United States

Lauralynneh@yahoo.com Posted at 8-5 17:16
I have same problem, where is the RTH, under Land? It used to show both on my app, now it’s gone? Thanks

How close is your drone to the home point? I don't remember the exact number but I thought the RTH function wasn't available within a certain radius of the home point.
2022-8-5
Use props
djiuser_eeq6ZxLZxj4q
New
Flight distance : 8419 ft
Australia

Hello all. I have a DJI Mini 3 pro and I have just encountered the same issue. Have flown it many times and now when I want to auto home the icon is not there and the only button is the land feature and this is the same when I hold down the RTH button on the DJI remote, the land icon just shows and not the second icon which had the RTH. There is no sub menu and the auto home is updated before flight. I had an updated a few days before and it was working fine but now I have issues.
Update…..
Please disregard previous post as I did not realise that in order for the return to home icon to appear the drone has to be away from the home point in meters away horizontally not vertically!!
2022-12-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_eeq6ZxLZxj4q Posted at 12-3 05:32
Hello all. I have a DJI Mini 3 pro and I have just encountered the same issue. Have flown it many times and now when I want to auto home the icon is not there and the only button is the land feature and this is the same when I hold down the RTH button on the DJI remote, the land icon just shows and not the second icon which had the RTH. There is no sub menu and the auto home is updated before flight. I had an updated a few days before and it was working fine but now I have issues.
Update…..
Please disregard previous post as I did not realise that in order for the return to home icon to appear the drone has to be away from the home point in meters away horizontally not vertically!!

Aside from the distance consideration isn't there an physical RTH button on the controller itself?
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_W48dY9W2sJdN
New
Flight distance : 7267 ft

India

I am facing same problem and even on my controller the return to home doesn’t function every time I have to manually land it
When I press on screen it show only option as land at same point and there is no sub option that pops up saying rth
When I do it on my controller it does work either please help
2023-5-23
Use props
Martin
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the same problem and tried everything above. No sub menu, further than 20m away….
2023-6-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use the RTH button on the controller.
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_fjCBDxzFmXnL
New

United States

I have no Button For the RTH IN THE DJI FLY APP , And it's been thier forever know it's gone what happen I had a high wind warning in the air and I did not land manual as it said it can't rth now the button is gone to push to GO HOME IN THE APP PLEASE HELP TY.
2023-6-14
Use props
djiuser_fjCBDxzFmXnL
New

United States

Lauralynneh@yahoo.com Posted at 2022-8-5 17:16
I have same problem, where is the RTH, under Land? It used to show both on my app, now it’s gone? Thanks

Yep same here hmmmm
2023-6-14
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_fjCBDxzFmXnL Posted at 6-14 18:53
I have no Button For the RTH IN THE DJI FLY APP , And it's been thier forever know it's gone what happen I had a high wind warning in the air and I did not land manual as it said it can't rth now the button is gone to push to GO HOME IN THE APP PLEASE HELP TY.

Hi,

Flying < 20 meters away from HP, you will see this picture
Flying > 20 meter only the soft button RTH is seen

cheers
JJB
LandRTHsoftButtons.png
2023-6-15
Use props
dnddad324
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-14 10:04
Use the RTH button on the controller.

I love how you posted this twice and no one has even acknowledged this. They just continue whining about not being able to find the button in the app.

I've had my Mini 2 for almost two years and have never used RTH. I don't understand why some are so dependent on it. Are you not capable of flying the drone back to you?

It's like people using their emergency brake in their car instead of the brake pedal.
2023-6-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dnddad324 Posted at 6-16 03:27
I love how you posted this twice and no one has even acknowledged this. They just continue whining about not being able to find the button in the app.
Perhaps they prefer to suffer in public than find a functional solution, btw there's at least one other person who suggested using the controller's button as well.
2023-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules