Mini SE - drone immediately starts to descend after RTH is triggered
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Infinite FREEMAN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240240 ft
Bulgaria

Hello everyone, recently I got a brand-new Mavic Mini SE, but yesterday my dad dropped the bag with the drone inside and today I realised that when I press and hold the RTH or when the drone loses signal - it just starts to descend !
It does not even change orientation, not to mention that it does not actually move to the home point.

The GPS signal was good, and I tested at least twice.

I also tried IMU and Compass calibration - with no luck.

Sometimes I get "gimbal stuck", although that's acceptable (easy to fix) and it is not the main issue.

Do I have any chances without getting the drone into service ?

2022-5-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. To check the warranty period for each part, you may click this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you checked what the settings are in the Fly app for the RTH feature,   also if you test the drone needs to be more than 20 metres away for the RTH to perform those settings.
2022-5-9
Use props
Infinite FREEMAN
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DAFlys Posted at 5-9 01:58
Have you checked what the settings are in the Fly app for the RTH feature,   also if you test the drone needs to be more than 20 metres away for the RTH to perform those settings.
YES, you're right, I was just imaganing myself, I was seeking for a problem when there really wasn't one.
Indeed it was less than 20 meters away. It's written in the user manual.
Today I even spoke with a service center, the man there said that it should be 100 meters, but it is 20. Nevermind.

I think that the behaviour in the settings is only for the cases when it loses signal ?

Otherwise, as for the gimbal problem - I will try to blow away the dust from it with not very stong compressed air.
The man from the service also told me that I should never oil the gimbal. (I asked him)

I apologize for the really thoughtless conclusion I have made.

Thank you all.
2022-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Infinite FREEMAN Posted at 5-9 02:44
YES, you're right, I was just I am imaganing myself, I was seeking for a problem when there really wasn't one.
Indeed it was less than 20 meters away. It's written in the user manual.
Today I even spoke with a service center, the man there said that it should be 100 meters, but it is 20. Nevermind.

No probs Infinite FREEMAN,   Hopefully we'll see you over in the works section posting some of your images.  
2022-5-9
Use props
Infinite FREEMAN
lvl.2
Bulgaria

I actually have made a ready to watch video and uploaded it to YouTube, not the best what I can do but still good.

Not sure if I am allowed to post videos there, if not - I can just cut some images
2022-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules