2752 14 2022-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
delboyuk2508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161804 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

All of a sudden both the front 'Breathing' LED and the rear strobe have stopped working as normal, they both work as I have seen them lit but neither work when the drone is ready to fly, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and Ive been looking at how to factory reset the drone but cant seem to find anything, I'm sure its just a software issue which can easily be fixed, but how? Incidently I hsave the latest firmware installed and the lates app etc etc. I cant get DJI Assistant to work either if anyone's got any ideas?

Many thanks
2022-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don’t worry about it.  Both are useless features anyway.  
2022-5-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you did experience an error message on the app when you experience this issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-5-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-8 11:21
Don’t worry about it.  Both are useless features anyway.

That's a rather strange thing to say.
The rear LED at least passes useful information to those who watch their drone rather than the screen. Battery charge level for one, establishment of a home point for another (useful for the deaf), flight mode for a third.
I have the recollection that the front LED also does show some status of something but I don't remember what so it may be something I do not use such as wireless image transfer.
2022-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-8 23:46
That's a rather strange thing to say.
The rear LED at least passes useful information to those who watch their drone rather than the screen. Battery charge level for one, establishment of a home point for another (useful for the deaf), flight mode for a third.
I have the recollection that the front LED also does show some status of something but I don't remember what so it may be something I do not use such as wireless image transfer.

The front led only shows the colour you choose in the app,   its purely cosmetic,   the rear light most of the time cannot be clearly seen if your in bright sunlight. And everything it does show is on the screen much closer to you.
2022-5-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-9 01:54
The front led only shows the colour you choose in the app,   its purely cosmetic,   the rear light most of the time cannot be clearly seen if your in bright sunlight. And everything it does show is on the screen much closer to you.

Strange then that the manual devotes most of page 12 to what the front LED indicates, admittedly most is in connection with the wireless transfer stuff but it also blinks during "find my drone".

@ Delboy which assistant 2 are you using?
The "consumer drone series" one, on Windows, works for me with the Mini 2.
It maybe that, as with the Mavic Mini, there is a limited amount of time after the drone boots in which you can successfully connect the drone to the Assistant 2.  I just make the connection as soon as the drone has been switched on, the Assistant 2 indicates connection once the drone as finished the boot cycle.
If you can get it to work I would try refreshing the firmware but I do not know if that will fix your problem.
If you can not get it to work, can you refresh the firmware via the app? I do not want to try that as I personally dislike interfering with firmware via the app and I do not know if you can refresh firmware via the app.
2022-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-9 07:18
Strange then that the manual devotes most of page 12 to what the front LED indicates, admittedly most is in connection with the wireless transfer stuff but it also blinks during "find my drone".

@ Delboy which assistant 2 are you using?

Mines set to blue,  what does that mean,  oh and I have breathing turned on.   Never does anything else that Ive seen.
2022-5-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-9 08:53
Mines set to blue,  what does that mean,  oh and I have breathing turned on.   Never does anything else that Ive seen.

Perhaps this will assist you
2022-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well that kind of makes this screen somewhat confusing

2022-5-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-10 00:10
Well that kind of makes this screen somewhat confusing

[view_image]

I don't see why, the two images, yours and mine, are for differing modes of the drone's operation. When transferring images via wifi and bluetoooth the drone can not be flown and when in flight or the motors are running  the transfer mode can not be enabled.
Infact if the phone is connected to the switched on controller the link between the controller and the drone is severed, temporarily, when the transfer mode is enabled, or at least that is what I jusr saw in an experiment.
2022-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-10 01:18
I don't see why, the two images, yours and mine, are for differing modes of the drone's operation. When transferring images via wifi and bluetoooth the drone can not be flown and when in flight or the motors are running  the transfer mode can not be enabled.
Infact if the phone is connected to the switched on controller the link between the controller and the drone is severed, temporarily, when the transfer mode is enabled, or at least that is what I jusr saw in an experiment.

Because if I set it to red for example I now dont know if its red or failed to switch to wifi.
2022-5-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LOL. If you couldn't work out whether such a red was due to wifi failure , or not, is there any point to carrying on this conversation?
2022-5-10
Use props
delboyuk2508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161804 ft
United Kingdom

Just did the firmware update yesterday 17th June,  both lights are working again!!
2022-6-18
Use props
BohCiffart
New
Flight distance : 3573 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I have just bought a Mini 2 and the front led does not work at all. The firmware is up to date. Any advice as to what the fault may be is appreciated.
2023-1-1
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

BohCiffart Posted at 1-1 08:34
Hi, I have just bought a Mini 2 and the front led does not work at all. The firmware is up to date. Any advice as to what the fault may be is appreciated.

The DJI admins will soon ask you to send a video of a LED that is not light up. It's their way of showing that they are totally ignorant of the topic they "rule"!
2023-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules