My air 2s is slowly but steadily nosediving at low altitudes
814 3 2022-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tohuwa
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Hi all

Got my air 2s last week, and I've been  practising and familiarizing myself with the moves and reflexes, all good so far.
Except, when I try to shoot low level flights, say 1 meter over a cornfield or a pasture, the drone nosedives. I'd say that starting at about 1,5 meters, i'ts close to the ground after about 30-40 m.
You can see it from the side, it's a linear downward line. This is independent of texture, surface etc. I tried again and again, thinking I did some wrong or unnoticed moves with the stick, but same thing each time. It also seems that the lower I fly, the worse it is. If I didn't pull it up in time, it would just crash onto the ground.

Is there anything I'm missing or is it a functional issue?
Thanks for any help.

2022-5-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there tohuwa. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. may we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening and kindly please try to calibrate your DJI Air 2S as well to see if the issue will persist? In addition, may we also please know before having this issue was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the DJI Drone? Thank you.
2022-5-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog for this issue

use >https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Post the uploaded link on here.

Is the surface you fly over absolutely flat ?
Drone will not crash getting lower as the landing protection will keep it om 0.5 meter above the surface, as long as you don`t do any > 80% down input for some time on the RC ofcourse.

cheers
JJB
2022-5-8
Use props
tohuwa
lvl.2
Luxembourg

Hi and thanks for the replies.
no there was no crash or shock. Not too sure abut absoliutely flat, but more or less. I checked again, the drone would actually crash ( and it once did in a crop field now while trying) because of the slow nosediving if I don't lift it upwards.
But I also noticed the height meter going a bit crazy at times, showing 4 m when it's actually close to the ground, or even sometimes -3m ( minus)

I can only find 2 logs in DAT format in my smart controller, and I can't seem to be able to upload them on the link you provided.
What an I missing?
2022-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules