Vertical distance Failure
410 4 2022-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian01
lvl.1
South Africa

I was in a rural area and used my Mavic Air to video a particular scene.  On my first attempt the drone rose to a height of 73 metres, told me I had lost signal and then did a RTH. I moved about a kilometre away and did the same thing but this time it was only 59 metres before it lost the signal. Yes, I had unclipped the range extenders on the front two legs and my maximum height setting was set to 100 metres. The drone was almost directly above me when I shot the video. Any suggestions as to why my drone lost signal?
2022-5-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Yes, because directly overhead is almost the worst position for signal. If you move away some distance you will find the range improves. The reason is that the antennas in the arms of the aircraft are not in the best position. This is covered in the manual.
2022-5-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if you did receive an error message during this experience of yours? Can you please provide us if you have some screenshots? In addition, kindly please try to fly the unit to a different location for us to check if the issue persists as you might experience some magnetic interference in the area and this might be the main cause of the issue. I will also post a tutorial about the proper position of antenna when flying the unit. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-5-8
Use props
Ian01
lvl.1
South Africa

Thank you for your replies. I did think that being directly overhead may give the weakest signal but I will try it again but further away from me. I will also try and accurately record the error message if I get one. Thank you.
2022-5-9
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you instal a screen capture app on the phone it is a useful tool for such checks, just be aware of the memory space their video uses. On Android I use XRecorder.
2022-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules