What Android software to use with original Air (1)?
1010 18 2022-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

I just dusted off my old Air 1 and it seems like everything is still working, except I don't know what software to use for my Android. Is there any software that works on an Android to fly the original Air 1?
2022-5-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you again setting up your DJI Mavic Air. You may access the link below for you to download the app dedicated to the said drone. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2022-5-8
Use props
me0Max
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-8 17:26
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you again setting up your DJI Mavic Air. You may access the link below for you to download the app dedicated to the said drone. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

DJI GO 4 - V 4.3.46 not working on Samsung S22, crashing after press "Go Fly"  ( (on S21 Working...)
2022-5-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

me0Max Posted at 5-22 11:11
DJI GO 4 - V 4.3.46 not working on Samsung S22, crashing after press "Go Fly"  ( (on S21 Working...)

Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if the issue persists?
2022-5-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I use an old device running on Android 7.1.1   Go4 app and FlyApp both work great.
2022-5-25
Use props
me0Max
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-25 03:32
Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if the issue persists?

Removing the app didn't fix the issue. On other devices, S22 + and S22 Ultra, the situation is the same, apparently the problem is in the Exynos processor. I will wait for the next version of the application. (Firmware: S906BXXS2AVDB)
2022-5-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

me0Max Posted at 5-25 09:18
Removing the app didn't fix the issue. On other devices, S22 + and S22 Ultra, the situation is the same, apparently the problem is in the Exynos processor. I will wait for the next version of the application. (Firmware: S906BXXS2AVDB)

Thank you for your response. As per checking here, it seems that the mobile device is not listed on our compatible device and this might be the main cause of the issue. Kindly please refer to the link that I sent above for you to check the list of compatible devices. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_JE5Ldr0k3Fy7
New
United States

Is there plans to upgrade the software so it will work with the Samsung S21?   It used to work on my S21, but with the latest Android update it doesn’t work anymore.
2022-6-2
Use props
me0Max
lvl.1
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-31 05:08
Thank you for your response. As per checking here, it seems that the mobile device is not listed on our compatible device and this might be the main cause of the issue. Kindly please refer to the link that I sent above for you to check the list of compatible devices. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Your link says that the latest supported Samsung device is the Galaxy S9+, this phone was released in 2018, after it came out S10, S20, S21, and this year S22
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

me0Max Posted at 6-5 15:07
Your link says that the latest supported Samsung device is the Galaxy S9+, this phone was released in 2018, after it came out S10, S20, S21, and this year S22

Thank you for your response. That would be the current list of compatible devices for the DJI Go 4 app. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-6-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's Android version 12 that killed the DJI Go4 App.  It won't even load now. You might consider the paid App Litchi.  It runs on any Android device and works with a whole series of DJI Drones including the Air One.  No hassle, just works. I've used it trouble-free for the better part of 5 years. As well as the DJI Apps, of course.
2022-6-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-12 04:40.......Litchi.  It runs on any Android device and works with a whole series of DJI Drones including the Air One.  No hassle, just works. I've used it trouble-free for the better part of 5 years. As well as the DJI Apps, of course.

Bleriot53, does Litchi record DAT flight logs, if so where does it store them?
Also does it record a txt flight log? If so under what circumstances does it do that? I generally down load flight logs in batches and then rename them in accordance with my interest in them, somehow I seem to have got txt flight logs labeled as from Litchi and I now wondering if this is correct.
From what I can NOW see Litchi does not record a txt, rather it records a limited csv.

2022-6-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-12 05:16
Bleriot53, does Litchi record DAT flight logs, if so where does it store them?
Also does it record a txt flight log? If so under what circumstances does it do that? I generally down load flight logs in batches and then rename them in accordance with my interest in them, somehow I seem to have got txt flight logs labeled as from Litchi and I now wondering if this is correct.
From what I can NOW see Litchi does not record a txt, rather it records a limited csv.

As a Litchi user you get a FREE (limited) account with AIRDATA UAV, to which all data can be uploaded. This is what I do.  I've never had recourse to download a flight log.  If the data is in CSV, I believe it's possible to convert those values to text seperately.
2022-6-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-12 05:32
As a Litchi user you get a FREE (limited) account with AIRDATA UAV, to which all data can be uploaded. This is what I do.  I've never had recourse to download a flight log.  If the data is in CSV, I believe it's possible to convert those values to text seperately.

Ah ok and thanks.
2022-6-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome.
Here's a link for conversion from CVS to TXT online.

https://convertio.co/csv-txt/
2022-6-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-12 06:25
You're welcome.
Here's a link for conversion from CVS to TXT online.

It is actually the csv's I want but I am just 'wondering' where I got these txt's from lol.
I process the csv's with some DIY software (needs Linux) to create my 'pilot's log book'.

2022-6-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-12 06:41
It is actually the csv's I want but I am just 'wondering' where I got these txt's from lol.
I process the csv's with some DIY software (needs Linux) to create my 'pilot's log book'.

It's some time since I used Linux (Ubuntu flavour) on my main PC.   Been back on Windoze since version 10.
2022-6-12
Use props
fans4d2ef7d0
New
Canada

Even after perusing these comments, and trying all of the suggestions (except paying for Litchi) i cannot get Go4 app to work on my Samsung S21...wtf?
2022-6-25
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

fans4d2ef7d0 Posted at 6-25 17:26
Even after perusing these comments, and trying all of the suggestions (except paying for Litchi) i cannot get Go4 app to work on my Samsung S21...wtf?

Bottom line: DJI has abandoned the Air 1. I couldn't get it to work either. Wondering how long before my Air 2 doesn't work any more.
2022-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules