620 31 2022-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Five weeks on the Big Island of Hawaii.  19 Mavic Air 2 flights totaling 2.7 hours of air time.  I recorded about 1 hour of video of which half is included here.  I mostly fly to shoot 360-degree panoramas of which 27 are included in the video.  Most of these are uploaded to Google Maps and Kuula.    Hope you enjoy the views. Kuula Panorama Link

2022-5-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hummingbird.UAV. Good day and thank you for sharing these wonderful video that you have filmed and created. Great work and have a nice day. .
2022-5-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's an epic work. I've recently begun to experiment with 360panos too, and I can see their appeal.
2022-5-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whats the building at 14:27,   reminds me of an old cinema maybe?
2022-5-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, what an amazing compilation.    Great job of producing this video.  
2022-5-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-8 19:27
Hello there Hummingbird.UAV. Good day and thank you for sharing these wonderful video that you have filmed and created. Great work and have a nice day.  .

Thanks very much Stephen.
2022-5-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 5-8 22:23
That's an epic work. I've recently begun to experiment with 360panos too, and I can see their appeal.

Thanks very much, Captain Bleriot.  Would be nice if DJI programed the Pocket 2 to take a half-dome pano.  I could then use the sky from it to fill in the sky of the drone panos.
2022-5-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 5-9 02:07
Whats the building at 14:27,   reminds me of an old cinema maybe?

Thanks very much, Captain DAFlys.  The building is an old cinema built in the early 30s.  The white building later on in the video is also a cinema from the same era.  One had some love and the other did not.  Cinemas were built all over the island in the 30s.  Their purpose was to entertain the sugar cane workers. The whole sugar industry on the island closed 40 to 50 years ago.
2022-5-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-9 03:38
Wow, what an amazing compilation.    Great job of producing this video.

Thanks very much, Captain DowntownRDB.  Nice to see it stands on its own, however it's primarily B roll for the other terrestrial and underwater video I shot.  That still needs a whole lot of editing.
2022-5-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-9 04:35
Thanks very much, Captain Bleriot.  Would be nice if DJI programed the Pocket 2 to take a half-dome pano.  I could then use the sky from it to fill in the sky of the drone panos.

Yes the only drawback is the black zone above the viewpoint. I've crudely filled in with some sky, but it's far from satisfactory.  I use the Mavic Mini One, and the Litchi Beta software, to record the images, then stitch them with Autopano Giga from Kronos. Finally uploading to Skypixel and viewing with FSPviewer.
2022-5-9
Use props
TWStories
lvl.3

Canada

Great vid and views!  Felt like I was on vacation for a moment

For a sec I thought you said you flew for 2.7 hours and I thought it was on a single battery lol

_________
Toronto Wedding Stories
Wedding Cinematography
www.torontoweddingstories.ca
_________
2022-5-9
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hummingbird you did a great job on this video and love the views.
2022-5-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-9 04:35

I've just experimented with the Pocket 2, taking a 3x3 grid pano with the device lying horizontally on its back, so I get a pano of just sky.  I shall try to integrate this into some of the 360panos I've taken with the drone to fill in the black bits
2022-5-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-9 04:47
Thanks very much, Captain DowntownRDB.  Nice to see it stands on its own, however it's primarily B roll for the other terrestrial and underwater video I shot.  That still needs a whole lot of editing.

Always my pleasure.    Looking forward to your next video.

Hope you have a great week.
2022-5-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 5-9 05:01
Yes the only drawback is the black zone above the viewpoint. I've crudely filled in with some sky, but it's far from satisfactory.  I use the Mavic Mini One, and the Litchi Beta software, to record the images, then stitch them with Autopano Giga from Kronos. Finally uploading to Skypixel and viewing with FSPviewer.

I've filled the sky a number of times using Photoshop with sky-only half dome 360 images.
I've also figured out how to shoot the missing sky by handholding the drone on the ground but this only works in open areas where the clouds are moving very slow.  The trick is to hold the drone upside down.  This causes the camera to lock in a straightforward direction no matter what angle the drone is held at.
2022-5-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

TWStories Posted at 5-9 07:12
Great vid and views!  Felt like I was on vacation for a moment

For a sec I thought you said you flew for 2.7 hours and I thought it was on a single battery lol

Now that would be an amazing flight.  Thanks very much for the view TWStories.
2022-5-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 5-9 09:04
Hummingbird you did a great job on this video and love the views.

Thanks very much, 3xFred.
2022-5-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 5-9 09:55
I've just experimented with the Pocket 2, taking a 3x3 grid pano with the device lying horizontally on its back, so I get a pano of just sky.  I shall try to integrate this into some of the 360panos I've taken with the drone to fill in the black bits

I'll have to try that out.  When I handhold the drone I take an additional 17 pictures.  Two circles at 45° between shots and one straight up.
2022-5-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-9 13:35
I've filled the sky a number of times using Photoshop with sky-only half dome 360 images.
I've also figured out how to shoot the missing sky by handholding the drone on the ground but this only works in open areas where the clouds are moving very slow.  The trick is to hold the drone upside down.  This causes the camera to lock in a straightforward direction no matter what angle the drone is held at.

There's got to be an easier way
2022-5-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-9 13:42
I'll have to try that out.  When I handhold the drone I take an additional 17 pictures.  Two circles at 45° between shots and one straight up.

I'm surprised the drone will perform the neccessary shots whilst upside down.
2022-5-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 5-9 14:19
I'm surprised the drone will perform the neccessary shots whilst upside down.

Of course, you need to handhold the drone and point it in the right direction and angle.
2022-5-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-9 19:26
Of course, you need to handhold the drone and point it in the right direction and angle.

There I would have a problem. My old hands are too shaky to hold the thing still.
2022-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-9 04:43
Thanks very much, Captain DAFlys.  The building is an old cinema built in the early 30s.  The white building later on in the video is also a cinema from the same era.  One had some love and the other did not.  Cinemas were built all over the island in the 30s.  Their purpose was to entertain the sugar cane workers. The whole sugar industry on the island closed 40 to 50 years ago.

Thanks for the confirmation.   I thought it looked like a cinema.  Im sure they were very popular in the 30's for getting the news too.
2022-5-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-9 04:30
Thanks very much Stephen.

Hi there Hummingbird.UAV. You are very much welcome and it is always my pleasure to see your work. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep flying. .
2022-5-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-9 19:26

I think I've cracked it. Have a look at this example that I've posted on Skypixel, if you will.
Tell me what you think?

https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/chunal1
2022-5-10
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 5-10 12:22
I think I've cracked it. Have a look at this example that I've posted on Skypixel, if you will.
Tell me what you think?

It's close.  I can see a few edge lines and a few of the clouds have a blue tint but overall an acceptable job.
For your information, if you paste the link from Skypixel into the Forum's add video (media) button your panorama will be live in the Forum.  Here is an example.  It's one where I filled the sky.
2022-5-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-10 15:18
It's close.  I can see a few edge lines and a few of the clouds have a blue tint but overall an acceptable job.
For your information, if you paste the link from Skypixel into the Forum's add video (media) button your panorama will be live in the Forum.  Here is an example.  It's one where I filled the sky.https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/the-long-road-23705390-8fa9-415e-8db6-0703d9bafb8c?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0

That looks pretty seamless, just a bit of cloud looks to be in the wrong direction if you gaze at it too long
I'll practice with a few more of the panos I have done previously and see what improvements I can make.
2022-5-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks lovely!
2022-5-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 5-10 15:18
For your information, if you paste the link from Skypixel into the Forum's add video (media) button your panorama will be live in the Forum.  Here is an example.  It's one where I filled the sky.https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/the-long-road-23705390-8fa9-415e-8db6-0703d9bafb8c?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0

Yeah, there are some stitching errors, but I like it!
2022-5-22
Use props
Dominik__W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1112218 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Great work!!
2022-7-13
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI