Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FPV Manual Mode, RTH, 360 cameras and other tips for beginners
1071 2 2022-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarkoCZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4987674 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi there, I started off with flying Spark, then Mini 2 and now I really enjoy the FPV drone and I am slowly getting more and more confident. In couple weeks I would like to start learning Manual mode. Regarding to that I have couple questions.
Has anyone tried the manual mode in the virtual flight simulator? When I try it, it seems like the physics are not properly working, For example when I tilt the drone fully forwards and engage full throtle it barely goes forward. For some reason it's gaining elevation instead. IDK its weird.

Do you have any tips for quite seasoned cinema drone pilot, what to watch out for when learning manual mode?

Does the emergency break work in manual mode? I rarely use this function, I used it more for fun as a noisy stunt and to see how it works more than actually having an emergency to stop. But makes me wonder if the drone can do emergency break when signal lost or just when pressed the button in Manual mode.

Does the RTH function work in manual mode? Again, it is not a function that I actively use but in case of loosing signal, would the drone stop and come back even if in manual mode? In the user manual I found information that Manual mode does not support Low Battery RTH but what about normal RTH?
And last is, does anyone have a recommendation on how to attach a 360 camera (any action camera) to the drone? I am buying a 360 camera for my real estate job and I would like to fly around with it as well. I have seen mounts that place the camera on top of the drone but then I also saw a rope attachement which makes the camera float under the drone. I really like that option because then I could fly past my subjects and flip the view on the camera without turning around the drone but then taking off and landing is gonna be weird with it no? Also wont the sensors on bottom of the drone freak out if there is something attached to the bottom of the drone? The top mounts definitely feel like safer option both for the drone and the camera.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

2022-5-8
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi. I quit the Virtual flight sim quickly to use something different, in my case Velocidrone. Less than 20 bucks and works well. You can use the DJI remote. I don't use the emergency break but switching von M to S or N does the same.
Not sure about RTH  in manual. For me it just stops and switches to For N mode automatically when the signal gets too weak - it seems that those modes have more "freedom" to fly further. Then I have to wait a bit, push up to get better signal and switch back to M.
When I put my insta360 one R on top the GPS of the drone didn't work. But I've seen videos of it working so you have more luck...
2022-5-8
Use props
DarkoCZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4987674 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 5-8 21:28
Hi. I quit the Virtual flight sim quickly to use something different, in my case Velocidrone. Less than 20 bucks and works well. You can use the DJI remote. I don't use the emergency break but switching von M to S or N does the same.
Not sure about RTH  in manual. For me it just stops and switches to For N mode automatically when the signal gets too weak - it seems that those modes have more "freedom" to fly further. Then I have to wait a bit, push up to get better signal and switch back to M.
When I put my insta360 one R on top the GPS of the drone didn't work. But I've seen videos of it working so you have more luck...

Cool, thanks for info
2022-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules