Action 2 for shooting
2283 15 2022-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jabjab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 635945 ft
Hungary

I am testing the Action 2 for situational shooting (IPSC), fixed on my baseball cap.
So far it worked just fine, but this weekend it produced some weird problems.
Since on the field I did not download and replay, so I figured only at home. Thus, no chance to change settings in order to figure, if it changes if I make another setting.
First, I found some muffled shots. where the shot sound is recorded, but too short (this might be the automatic sound level - my guess it is).
Second, I found some rumbling sound (like an earthquake) after the shot, later it became longer, and fill the void between shots and movements.
At the last stage, the sound is not in sync with the picture, it was a totally bad shot.
I made a video with the mentioned parts, could it be the processor not able to render all input because I used up all the processing power and bandwidth?
Or, the camera gave up?

Settings:
4K 60fps 16:9 RockSteady

https://youtu.be/XkA1FcMo0b0
2022-5-9
Use props
jabjab
lvl.1
Hungary

Sorry, I was struggling with the link, I made it proper, and it did not show in my text
2022-5-9
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

I had audio problems too, different use case (roadbike) but huge problems nevertheless, my audio was constantly muffled and randomly went ok at times, very noticeable specially when vlogging there was times voice gets totally muted but the camera is literally in front of the face. Upload video sample, although I already showed it to DJI a month ago and may have improved the audio with a software update but I didn't test it out because I'm testing other problems too; it's not normal having to quality control test a camera that was launched last year.
2022-5-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Question 1 - was the wind noise reduction in use?  This can sometimes be triggered by low frequency sounds, eg in a car, and that does strange things to the audio.
2022-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please provide us with the original footage for a further check? You can upload them to your Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the download link here.
2022-5-10
Use props
jabjab
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-10 00:07
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. Could you please provide us with the original footage for a further check? You can upload them to your Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the download link here.

Here you can find some raw footage, where you can hear the strange noises:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rafbjt5vrrk4zb4/AACjicieS166rR0gdsnSGiiWa?dl=0
download link
2022-5-10
Use props
jabjab
lvl.1
Hungary

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-9 14:20
Question 1 - was the wind noise reduction in use?  This can sometimes be triggered by low frequency sounds, eg in a car, and that does strange things to the audio.

Just checked, wind noise reduction was ON
2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jabjab Posted at 5-10 02:08
Here you can find some raw footage, where you can hear the strange noises:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rafbjt5vrrk4zb4/AACjicieS166rR0gdsnSGiiWa?dl=0
download link

Thanks for the videos provided. We will forward them to our engineer for further check. If we get any update, we will get back to you asap.
2022-5-12
Use props
jabjab
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-10 00:07

I have tested again, with wind noise reduction OFF settings. The audio is TERRIBLE, there is a rumbling sound in between the shots as well. I am thinking that the camera mic gone bad, and will return the camera for exchange.
2022-5-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

jabjab Posted at 5-14 08:02
I have tested again, with wind noise reduction OFF settings. The audio is TERRIBLE, there is a rumbling sound in between the shots as well. I am thinking that the camera mic gone bad, and will return the camera for exchange.

Hi, there. Please kindly know that Action 2's radio will be optimized for audio in living/sporting environments, and can revenue tiny volume or noisy ambient sounds.
When the microphone sound pressure level of more than 140 decibels sound will exceed the hardware limits, resulting in such noise. If you adjust for sounds above 140 dB, you may lose the sensitivity of tiny trivial sounds.
2022-5-17
Use props
jabjab
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-17 01:44
Hi, there. Please kindly know that Action 2's radio will be optimized for audio in living/sporting environments, and can revenue tiny volume or noisy ambient sounds.
When the microphone sound pressure level of more than 140 decibels sound will exceed the hardware limits, resulting in such noise. If you adjust for sounds above 140 dB, you may lose the sensitivity of tiny trivial sounds.

Well, that is very unfortunate.
Especially that it was never mentioned in the manual, that I can't use it if the sound pressure level exceeds 140 decibels. I bought it for this specific task, now it is useless.
Not to mention the heating problem after 10 minutes of continuous runtime (which was not mentioned as well).
Can you please inform me how can I return the camera in exchange for the money I spent on it?
2022-5-17
Use props
jabjab
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-17 01:44

There is something here I don't get.
Can I adjust for the microfone sound level in the camera?
(That would be the only solution, since the problem is NOT the high sound level shots, but the VERY disturbing rumbling sound in between)
2022-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jabjab Posted at 5-17 04:22
There is something here I don't get.
Can I adjust for the microfone sound level in the camera?
(That would be the only solution, since the problem is NOT the high sound level shots, but the VERY disturbing rumbling sound in between)

I sent you a PM about this issue, could you please have a look?
2022-5-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2022-5-23
Use props
SUKHOFPV
lvl.1
Georgia

Hello, my Action 2 also has such a problem, you can tell me how to fix the sound on loud sounds, it has a very huge Noise sound
2022-6-19
Use props
jabjab
lvl.1
Hungary

SUKHOFPV Posted at 6-19 08:43
Hello, my Action 2 also has such a problem, you can tell me how to fix the sound on loud sounds, it has a very huge Noise sound

I wish I had the answer.
I sent the unit for repair, got it back (probably the same unit, since I foind my video on it), I had no way to test it yet. Also, did not recieve any comment on the problem…
2022-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules