DJI FPV - I Can't Take Off. What Am I Doing Wrong?
2745 15 2022-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tavs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45600 ft
Taiwan

I hope the experts here can help me with this issue. For context, I've tried flying the FPV drone outdoors twice with the same result. I've added a few pictures and two short clips to provide additional information.

I have updated everything to the latest firmware updates, as shown in the pictures. However, I have yet to see why the drone isn't taking off. The only thing that I've noticed is the RED icon at the bottom, which I think might be the sensors?! For the most part, the propellers don't even spin up after pushing the joysticks inward/outward in the N mode.

I don't know where to go from here, and I hope I can get some answers from this community.
IMG_1608.jpg

FPV_Goggles.png FPV_Drone.png FPV_Controller.png
2022-5-9
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It may be because you're inside and have no satellites. Though I can take off inside...
2022-5-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to take the drone outside of your house and check if the issue persists? Please make sure that you are flying in an open space to avoid issues. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-5-9
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

Depp Posted at 5-9 06:33
It may be because you're inside and have no satellites. Though I can take off inside...

Hey Depp, it seems as tho you didn't read my post.

"For context, I've tried flying the FPV drone outdoors twice with the same result."

Thanks!
2022-5-9
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-9 16:35
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to take the drone outside of your house and check if the issue persists? Please make sure that you are flying in an open space to avoid issues. Thank you for your valued support.

DJI Paladin. in my original post, I stated that I've tried flying the drone outdoors twice and having the same issue.

What else could it be?

Thanks!
2022-5-9
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Tavs Posted at 5-9 20:02
Hey Depp, it seems as tho you didn't read my post.

"For context, I've tried flying the FPV drone outdoors twice with the same result."

Sorry. Good luck then.
2022-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tavs Posted at 5-9 20:04
DJI Paladin. in my original post, I stated that I've tried flying the drone outdoors twice and having the same issue.

What else could it be?

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please provide us with the serial number of the battery for further confirmation? And please also tell us the status of the flight indicator light. You can also contact DJI Support through the link below for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support
2022-5-10
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had something similar. Have you changed your top cover? Do you get a GPS error in the status menu? Mine did, i had to take it back and get it replaced. DJI wanted it in for repair but i had coverage from recent purchase.

Check the status in the goggles when connected to the drone.
2022-5-10
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-10 01:15
Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please provide us with the serial number of the battery for further confirmation? And please also tell us the status of the flight indicator light. You can also contact DJI Support through the link below for further assistance. http://www.dji.com/support

Hey DJI Mindy, thanks -- I'm not sure where the BATTERY serial number is, so I just took a picture of each of my batteries; one was the DJI replacement from my DOA one that came with the drone, and the 2nd one, I purchased online.

2022-5-10
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 5-10 03:12
I had something similar. Have you changed your top cover? Do you get a GPS error in the status menu? Mine did, i had to take it back and get it replaced. DJI wanted it in for repair but i had coverage from recent purchase.

Check the status in the goggles when connected to the drone.

Hey Malakai_UK, I've done that before, but the STATUS in the Goggles is empty, no warmings, nothing.

Thanks!
2022-5-10
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
United States

I think I figured it out. The issue is with one of the batteries -- I came to this conclusion after using the battery I bought from an online 3rd party seller S/N: 37WPJ17AA105FE, and the drone responded as intended and allowed me to take off.

The battery that I received as replacement from DJI (Case# CAS-8681107-T8S1J5 - S/N: 37WDJ6VCR20225) DOES NOT work with the drone. The drone never responded and continued to flash in RED lights. I should have done this before. My bad.

I have sent a followup email to DJI support hoping I can get an answer soon.

Thanks!

2022-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tavs Posted at 5-10 19:54
I think I figured it out. The issue is with one of the batteries -- I came to this conclusion after using the battery I bought from an online 3rd party seller S/N: 37WPJ17AA105FE, and the drone responded as intended and allowed me to take off.

The battery that I received as replacement from DJI (Case# CAS-8681107-T8S1J5 - S/N: 37WDJ6VCR20225) DOES NOT work with the drone. The drone never responded and continued to flash in RED lights. I should have done this before. My bad.

Hi Tavs, I am sorry for the late reply. I will forward this issue to the corresponding team and our team will help you further. Please wait for the update patiently.
2022-5-11
Use props
Tavs
lvl.2
Taiwan

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-11 19:02
Hi Tavs, I am sorry for the late reply. I will forward this issue to the corresponding team and our team will help you further. Please wait for the update patiently.

Hey DJI Mindy, thanks so much. For the most part, I'm using my other battery to learn and fly the drone.

2022-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tavs Posted at 5-11 20:00
Hey DJI Mindy, thanks so much. For the most part, I'm using my other battery to learn and fly the drone.

You're welcome. Our team has sent you an email to deal with the battery issue. Please have a look and reply to that email.
2022-5-12
Use props
Santiago Cuellar
New
United States

Depp Posted at 2022-5-9 06:33

I cant take off outside. I know I have the propellers on right though. I Dont know if this has anything to do with it but the obstacle avoidance icon is red. do you know how to fix this?
4-20 15:47
Use props
Depp
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

Santiago Cuellar Posted at 4-20 15:47
I cant take off outside. I know I have the propellers on right though. I Dont know if this has anything to do with it but the obstacle avoidance icon is red. do you know how to fix this?

I'm not the right person to answer this (anymore): I sold my DJI fpv...
Good luck
4-21 07:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules