DJI Mic hot shoe or cold shoe mount?
8575 5 2022-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ninelives9
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I can't seem to confirm if the DJI Mic's receiver mounts on a cold or hot shoe mount on my camera? Different sources including DJI says 1 or the other. The reason is because a camera I ordered, which is my first camera, being the Canon M6 Mark II stll hasn't arrive, has a hot shoe mount which I won't be able to use, as I intend to flip up its screen when filming. Attaching DJI Mic's receiver in the camera's hot shoe mount, will essentially block like the entire flip up screen.  

2022-5-9
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It's a cold shoe mount but it's kind of thin or else the cold shoe on DJI's own Ronin 4D is bigger than normal. The DJI mic's receiver just falls out/ The receiver is so small, however, that you could mount it almost anywhere with a couple of pieces of hook and loop tape. I've even not mounted at all and left it dangling. By the way, there's a firmware update that adds a couple of new settings. You will be able to lock the transmitter's record button so that it can't be turned off by mistake, set the transmitters to start recording as soon as they are removed from the charging dock and you will be able to dim the transmitters' very bright pilot lights.
2022-5-14
Use props
djiuser_k1BLgEOUcjE0
New

United States

We really need a solution to the loose cold shoe mount.  I can't believe more people aren't complaining about it.  The receiver slips right out of the coldshoe mount.

My improvised solution was to cut a plastic bread tie / guitar pic / similar and wedge it into the mount, this works okay.

There are "locking" cold shoe mounts but I'm not looking to add an extra piece of hardware to my cage, and the receiver would still be loose and wiggly

Any advise is welcome!
2022-6-8
Use props
djiuser_0xqATd0v2qcZ
lvl.1

United States

I agree! We need a solution. If DJI could just make another attachment for the mic which would fit snug in the Ronin 4d shoe that would be best! I have a shoe attachment that can screw in to the handle so that works but I'd rather have it up where the built in shoe is.
2022-11-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Found out the same problem when attempting to mount the DJI Mic to my Pocket 2 using the PGYtech Dataport to action cam and cold shoe adapter. The receiver unit's mount is too small, thus I am not able to attach it securely to the adapter without additional accessories. Buying a small piece of rubber sticker, cutting a small strip out of it and pushing that to the inner side of the adapter did help with the receiver, but then I found out another problem - if you want to change it to a LED panel, you'll also have to remove the strip, because with that, the panel's mount won't fit!

Wish they had some kind of securing mechanism in the receiver's mount so this wouldn't cause me headaches. Maybe I ought to try the guitar pick/bread tie method?
2022-11-15
Use props
mekevinb
New
United States

I just received the DJI Mic and yeah, I can't believe how poorly constructed and engineered the cold shoe mount is. Very much unexpected from DJI. And very disappointing.
2023-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules